剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
不 我是个贼 一个惯偷
Oh, no. I'm a thief. A common thief.
我在找罗素夫人
I was looking for Mrs. Russell.
她和怀特先生外出了 老爷
She's gone with Mr. White, sir.
他带她去看画了
He's taken her to see some pictures.
听上去不太妙啊
I don't like the sound of that.
恐怕养女人是个昂贵的爱好 老爷
I'm afraid women are an expensive hobby, sir.
尤其是漂亮的女人
Especially pretty ones.
恐怕是的
I'm afraid they are.
等她回来 让她来找我
If you could ask her to come and find me when she gets back.
好的 老爷
Of course, sir.
你打算在纽约定居吗
You mean to settle in New York?
我申请了一个职位
I applied for a position.
现在还不确定我是否能得到
It's a bit early to assume I'll get it.
所以你有可能将来住在这里
So you might come here to live?
恐怕我很难住在多伊尔斯敦来处理工作
Doubt I could manage the work from Doylestown.
但为什么 你在那里过得不开心吗
But why? Aren't you happy there?
在这我也许可以更开心
Not as happy as I could be.
晚上好 奥斯卡先生
Good evening, Mr. Oscar.
我以为你会很高兴
I like to think you'd be pleased.
这边请
Right this way.
范莱茵先生和罗素先生
Mr. Van Rhijn and Mr. Russell.
奥斯卡
Oscar?
请允许我介绍罗素先生 妈妈
May I present Mr. Russell, Mama?
我们刚刚在一起用了午餐
We were at the luncheon together,
他很想认识你
and he's anxious to know you.
我恐怕打扰了
I'm afraid I've rather pushed into
你的茶会 范莱茵夫人
your tea party, Mrs. Van Rhijn.
别担心 我们有很多蛋糕
Don't worry. We have so much cake.
你和住在街对面的罗素一家
Are you anything to do with the Russells
有什么关系吗
who live across the road?
我是他们中的一员
I'm one of them.
这是我妹妹 布鲁克小姐
This is my sister, Miss Brook,
还有我侄女 玛丽安·布鲁克小姐
and my niece, Miss Marian Brook.
你好
Hello.
还有从宾夕法尼亚州来访的雷克斯先生
And Mr. Raikes is visiting from Pennsylvania.
不过现在你还是喝杯茶吧
But now I suppose you'd better have some tea.
-你好 -你好
- How do you do? - How do you do?
很荣幸见到你 范莱茵夫人
Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Van Rhijn.
你怎么认识我表兄的
How do you know my cousin?
我们在纽波特菲什夫人的聚会上相识
We met in Newport with Mrs. Fish.
然后今天我们又都出席了联合俱乐部的午宴
And then we were both at a luncheon at the Union Club today.
我没告诉他我们已经见过了
I didn't tell him you and I had already met.
很高兴在这里见到你
I'm glad to see you here.
从你姑姑的脸色来看
Judging by your aunt's face,
估计你很久不会再在这里见到我了
it'll be a while before you see me here again.
那是个小镇 当然 不像...
It is a small town. And, of course, nothing like...
你只需把它们放回银橱柜里
You just have to get them back into the silver cupboard.
但我要怎么放回去
But how will I manage it?
你要怎么干什么
How will you manage what?
告诉我
Tell me.
你不会想被牵连
You don't want to be involved.
你不知道我想要什么
You don't know what I want.
跟她说吧
Tell her.
我已经够羞愧的了
I couldn't be more ashamed than I am already.
真希望我能知道你为什么来纽约
Wish I understood what brings you to New York.
很简单 我想来这里
Simple. I want to be here.
这是个理由吗
And that's enough of a reason?
当然了
Course it is.
你足够想要做一件事时 它总能成为理由
It's always a reason when you want something enough.
我看到真正想要的东西时 就会尽我所能去争取
When I see what I really want, I take it if I can.
你要是不想进警局的话
I suspect that's something you should try to control
或许你该控制一下这种情绪
if you don't intend to spend time in a police cell.
所以你是什么时候打算来纽约的
So when did you decide to come to New York?
这一直是我的一个梦想
It's always been a dream of mine.
最近它变得越发真实了
It's become real comparatively recently.
我明白了
I see.
我希望你能明白我想做你的朋友
I wish I could convince you that I mean to be your friend.
刚巧有件事要你帮忙
Oddly enough, there is something you can do for me.
在这工作的一个女士曾帮助过我
There's a woman who works here who did me a very good turn,
她似乎需要你的建议
and it seems she wants your advice.
-你知道是关于什么事吗 -不知道
- Do you know what it's about? - No.
但她肯定是事出有因
But she'll have a solid reason.
我得跟你说 她是有色人种
I should tell you, she's colored.
我懂了
I see.
她很想见一位
She's keen to see a lawyer who's familiar
熟悉宾夕法尼亚州法律的律师
with the laws of Pennsylvania.
我不知道为什么
I don't know why.
爱丽丝说"越来越神奇了"[《爱丽丝梦游仙境》]
"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.
你要是不愿意的话
If you don't like the sound of it,
能介绍一位可以处理她这种案子的律师吗
could you suggest someone who might handle cases like hers?
但如果那样也太过麻烦 我能理解
But if even that's a nuisance, I'll understand.
我和她说过这个事不好开口
I've told her it's a lot to ask.
一点也不麻烦 只要它能让我有机会再见到你
Nothing is a nuisance if it gives me the chance to see you again.
明天下午3点
Bring her to the Bethesda Fountain
带她来中♥央♥公园的毕仕达喷泉
in Central Park tomorrow afternoon at 3:00.
我会在那等你们
I'll wait for you.
你真聪明 知道这么做 我就不知道
You're clever to know it. I don't.
你现在知道了
You do now.
我们到时见
I'll see you there.
再见 雷克斯先生
Bye, Mr. Raikes.
你是怎么想的
What can have possessed you?
他是个非常帅气的年轻人
He's a very handsome young man.
你知道我们在纽波特相识
You know we met in Newport.
所以当我看到他出席了奥格登举办的午宴
So when I saw him at Ogden's luncheon,
这么做似乎非常顺理成章
it seemed the obvious thing to do.
而且我认为我们应该认识一下罗素一家
And I think we should know the Russell family.
我斗胆再说一句
I would go further and say
我认为不去认识他们太愚蠢
I think it is mad that we don't.
你是说你想认识他们的女儿
You mean you want to know their daughter.
当我今天再看到拉里时 我邀请他来这里喝茶
When I saw Larry again today, I asked him here for tea.
就这样
Et voilà.
而我却在这不断努力 试图阻止
While I am struggling, trying to hold back
那些威胁着要吞噬我们的暴发户
the tide of vulgarians that threatens to engulf us.
感觉就像是克努特大帝
I feel like King Canute.
古代北欧国王 自以为能下令控制潮汐
你的政策和他的一样合理
Your policies make as much sense as his did.
他母亲一定会利用这点
Now the mother will try to use it
来打入这里 等着瞧吧
to push in here, you'll see.
-那个律师走了吗 -是的
- Has the lawyer gone? - He has.
我觉得他人很好
I thought he was very nice.
我希望我不用再和你谈话 艾达
I hope I'm not going to have to speak to you again, Ada.
不用 艾格妮丝
No, Agnes.
他有可能搬来纽约
He may be moving to New York.
即使搬来 他也不劳你费心
He will not trouble you if he does.
什么意思
What do you mean?
纽约是一众村庄的集♥合♥ 亲爱的
New York is a collection of villages, my dear.
我们认识住在自己村里的人
We know the people who live in our own village.
但不认识住在别处的人
But not the ones who don't.
罗素一家就住在你村庄里 妈妈
The Russells live in your village, Mama.
我从这扔块石头 都能砸碎他们家窗户
I could throw a stone from here and break their windows.
-别揶揄我 -我没有
- Don't tease me. - I'm not.
我只是在陈述事实
I'm stating facts.
我不关心事实
I'm not concerned with facts.
只要它们与我的信仰相悖
Not if they interfere with my beliefs.
归根结底这就是偏见
I give you prejudice in a nut shell.
别自说自话了 拉铃吧
Oh, stop talking to yourself and ring the bell.
-我要上楼去换衣服 -我表示怀疑 妈妈
- I'm going up to change. - I doubt it, Mama.
我敢说等下你下来 根本就没有换衣服
I'd say you'll come down again without having changed at all.
希腊神话 为逃避求婚 狄多选择了自杀
当狄多要把自己
So this is what Dido felt
投向燃烧着的火堆时
when she was about to throw herself
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表