剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
to a trial.
发生什么事了吗?
- Is something the matter? - I beg your pardon, Your Honor.
很抱歉,法官大人
- Is something the matter? - I beg your pardon, Your Honor.
我们等待的重要资料终于来了
We have been waiting for an important detail.
我反对,法官大人
- It is here now. - I object, Your Honor.
若有进一步证据 只能在受审时提出
If there is any further evidence,
若有进一步证据 只能在受审时提出
it should be presented at trial.
-反对无效 -原本已计划好
- Objection overruled. - We expected it some time ago.
不巧延误了
But there has been a delay.
这项资料会影响判决吗?
- Is it a detail that might affect the outcome?
回法官,很有可能
It may be so, Your Honor.
你们带了什么资料?
- What is it that you've brought to show me?
这项资料是一名人证
It is rather a matter
这项资料是一名人证
of whom we have brought here, Your Honor.
-这么晚才来?-我以为您没别的吩咐
What happened?
-这么晚才来?-我以为您没别的吩咐
- I didn't think you'd need me this afternoon, sir.
我有事耽搁了
And I had other business. But I've got the papers with me.
文件我带来了,希望不会太晚
And I had other business. But I've got the papers with me.
文件我带来了,希望不会太晚
I hope I'm not too late.
不会,你来得正好
No, you're not too late.
我想请安斯利小姐上前
- I would like to introduce Miss Ainsley,
她是罗素先生的速记员
Mr. Russell's stenographer.
-罗素先生,我…… -安斯利小姐,请上前
- Mr. Russell, I don't-- - Miss Ainsley.
-罗素先生,我…… -安斯利小姐,请上前
Please.
-可是我…… -请继续,布兰德先生
- But I-- - Get on with it, Mr. Brand.
安斯利小姐,请看在座各位
- Look around this room, Miss Ainsley.
你认识罗素先生,克雷先生
You know Mr. Russell, of course.
你认识罗素先生,克雷先生
Mr. Clay, Mr. Lewis, and myself.
路易斯先生及我本人
Mr. Clay, Mr. Lewis, and myself.
还有其他人是你认识的吗?
Is there anyone else you are familiar with?
没有
No.
迪克森先生,请起立
Mr. Dixon.
迪克森先生,请起立
Will you please stand?
-你认识这个人吗?-不认识
Do you know this man?
-你认识这个人吗?-不认识
- No. - You're quite sure of that?
你确定吗?
- No. - You're quite sure of that?
我确定
Quite sure.
为何有人看见 你俩一起逛布鲁明黛?
- Then why were you seen together
为何有人看见 你俩一起逛布鲁明黛?
in the department store, Bloomingdale's?
-才没有 -错不了的
- That's not true. - I think it is true.
-你弄错了 -我有可靠证据
- No, it's not. - I have it on good authority.
我只是记他的账但没跟他……
- No, I used his charge account, but we weren't there toge--
别说了
Shut up!
你何时把那封信 交给迪克森先生?
- And when, precisely, did you give the note to Mr. Dixon?
事故发生之后
After the crash had happened.
那是一封旧信
He'd written it awhile before.
我看了觉得也许能派上用场
But when I read it, I could see it might be useful
我看了觉得也许能派上用场
in the future, so I kept it.
于是保留下来
in the future, so I kept it.
你知道迪克森的不法行为?
- You knew what Dixon was doing?
多少知道
I guess.
这不是他第一次盗用公♥款♥?
- This was not the first time he had appropriated money
这不是他第一次盗用公♥款♥?
- meant for another purpose? - I never knew the details.
细节我不清楚
- meant for another purpose? - I never knew the details.
只知道他手脚不干净
- Only the fact of his dishonesty.
那封信真正的主旨为何?
Why was the note actually written?
罗素夫人聘请赫特兄弟 装潢第五大道的新居
- Mrs. Russell had used the Herter Brothers
罗素夫人聘请赫特兄弟 装潢第五大道的新居
for some of the decoration at their new house
罗素夫人聘请赫特兄弟 装潢第五大道的新居
on Fifth Avenue.
罗素先生请他们报价 顺便装♥修♥办公室
So Mr. Russell got an estimate from them
罗素先生请他们报价 顺便装♥修♥办公室
to renovate his office.
最后他觉得太贵,于是找了别家
But in the end, he thought they were too expensive
最后他觉得太贵,于是找了别家
and he went elsewhere.
原来是这么回事
That's one question answered.
罗素先生
Mr. Russell.
本庭宣判你无罪
You are exonerated.
可抬头挺胸自♥由♥离去
You may go with your reputation intact.
迪克森先生与安斯利小姐
Mr. Dixon and Miss Ainsley.
本庭将你俩交由检察官起诉
I will be referring this matter to the prosecutor's office.
相信很快会在法庭上见到你们
I would not be surprised if I see you back
相信很快会在法庭上见到你们
in this court room very soon.
退庭
Court dismissed.
恭喜你,罗素先生
- Congratulations, Mr. Russell.
我受到好运眷顾
- Strikes me as the element of chance.
一名女子去买♥♥手套 竟化解我的危机
A woman goes to buy gloves, and disaster is averted.
好在她没去别家店
What if she'd chosen a different store?
大家都同意运气非常重要
- You don't need us to tell you the importance of luck.
罗素先生……
Mr. Russell.
-你想怎样?-为自己的行为向您道歉
What do you want?
-你想怎样?-为自己的行为向您道歉
Only to say how sorry I am
-你想怎样?-为自己的行为向您道歉
that I ever did such a thing, Mr. Russell.
在这之前你不觉得有错 被识破后才满口道歉
- Did you think it was right before?
在这之前你不觉得有错 被识破后才满口道歉
And now you're sorry because you've been caught?
你该去坐牢
I believe you should go to jail, Miss Ainsley.
不论你是否被判刑
But whether a jury agrees with me or not,
我已经想好对你的计划
I will tell you what I've decided
我已经想好对你的计划
would be best for you, as a plan.
-我接受任何处置 -很好
- Anything you want to ask of me.
-我接受任何处置 -很好
Good.
我会盯着你的一举一动
I will keep abreast of your movements.
要是你应征粗活以外的工作
And whenever you apply for a job
要是你应征粗活以外的工作
above the rank of the most menial servant,
我便会揭露你的过去
I will inform your superiors of your history
让所有人都不敢雇用你
and make it impossible for them to employ you.
你只能当清洁工维生
You may scrub floors to earn your bread,
其他的都甭想
but nothing more.
您不会这么狠心的
You don't mean that.
你知道我说到做到
I think you know that I do.
你来这里干吗?
What are you doing here?
布莉琪,你在跟踪我吗?
Bridget, are you following me?
你觉得很好玩吗?
Is this a joke?
回去宅邸再取笑我?
So you can make fun of me back at the house?
-不是的 -那不然呢?
- No. - What is it then?
鲍尔太太和我……
- Mrs. Bauer and I--
我们很好奇你送花给谁
we wondered who you were taking flowers to.
因为我变了心,另有其他对象?
- Because I'd replaced you in my fickle heart
因为我变了心,另有其他对象?
with a new girl?
我们以为是这样
Something like that.
她就在这里
Well, there she is.
我挂念的女人
That's my girl.
梅特罗特?
May Trotter?
梅特罗特
May Trotter.
约翰特罗特的夫人
Mrs. John Trotter, to be exact.
卒于1871年10月8日 享年30岁
Died October 8th, 1871, at the age of 30.
我的母亲
My mother.
她很早逝
She was young.
是怎么过世的?
What'd she die of?
她在我九岁那年死于火灾
- She was burned to death when I was nine.
怎么会?
What?
听过1871年 派什提戈大火吗?
- Ever heard of the Peshtigo Fire of 1871?
-没听过 -没人听过
- No. - No.
没人记得了
It's forgotten, really.
跟芝加哥大火同天 人们只记得后者
It's the same day as the Great Chicago Fire,
跟芝加哥大火同天 人们只记得后者
and people only remember that.
我没听过派什提戈这个地名
I've never heard of Peshtigo.
在威斯康辛州
It's in Wisconsin.
我母亲的姐妹嫁到那里
My mother had a married sister who lived there,
她去探望刚出生的宝宝
and she went to see the new baby
不幸碰上森林大火
when a forest fire swept into town.
真是太不幸了
How terrible.
死了很多人吗?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表