剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
都没人了
All clear.
记住,如果有人问起,你就说不知道
Remember, if anyone asks, you know nothing.
你想去哪里?
Where do you think you're going?
去外面
Out.
少跟我贫嘴,打算去见谁吗?
- Don't be clever with me, missy.
少跟我贫嘴,打算去见谁吗?
Are you planning to meet someone?
是的话,不许你去
If so, I forbid it.
我犯了什么错要这样惩罚我?
- If you would only explain my crime,
我犯了什么错要这样惩罚我?
the one I'm being punished for. - Certainly.
你私会年轻男子且与其通信
the one I'm being punished for. - Certainly.
你私会年轻男子且与其通信
You meet young men. You correspond with them.
-又提这事儿 -你想否认?
- Not this again. - Do you deny it?
你不让我面世 我只好用自己的方式
- If you won't let me go into society, Mother,
你不让我面世 我只好用自己的方式
I must find some society for myself.
上楼去把帽子脱掉
- Get upstairs, take off your hat,
待会儿来客厅找我
and I will see you in the drawing room later.
你打算把她关在家多久?
- How long do you propose to keep her incarcerated?
直到她面世为止
- Until I've brought her out.
她早该面世了
- She should be out now.
请亚契鲍德温来作客 我们自己评估
Ask this Baldwin boy to dinner.
请亚契鲍德温来作客 我们自己评估
We can look him over and learn the worst.
-说不定会喜欢他 -亚契鲍德温不是我要的
Perhaps we'll like him.
-说不定会喜欢他 -亚契鲍德温不是我要的
- Archie Baldwin is not what I want.
他有什么不好 是资深外交官之子
- Why not?
他有什么不好 是资深外交官之子
He's the son of a senior diplomat
父母在第五大道和纽波特置产
with a house on Fifth Avenue and another in Newport.
我要的不只这些
- I want more than that.
你还想要什么?
- But what is there more than that?
等我找到了你自然知道
- You'll see when I find what I'm looking for.
总不能把她一辈子关在家
- Well, we can't keep the girl locked up forever.
逼得她暗着来,反而更危险
If you force her into secrecy, you're taking a risk.
葛莱蒂交给我就好
- Leave Gladys to me.
-什么事?-裁缝师到了
Yes, Turner?
-什么事?-裁缝师到了
- The seamstress is here, ma'am,
想请问您要为小姐裁哪件裙子
and I want to be sure which skirt you'd like cut down
想请问您要为小姐裁哪件裙子
for Miss Gladys.
我这就去
- I'll come now.
把沙拉端上楼,先放在餐柜上
- Take the salad up now. It can wait on the sideboard.
阿姆斯壮小姐 下午休假有何计划呢?
- Anything nice planned for your afternoon off,
阿姆斯壮小姐 下午休假有何计划呢?
Miss Armstrong?
干♥你♥什么事?
- What's it to you?
要不要带块苹果派去吃?
- How about a piece of apple pie to take with you?
真是太好了,谢谢
- That would be a treat. Thank you.
老爷等女士换装
- Mr. Bannister's waiting for the lady to change,
好了就宣布开饭
then he'll announce luncheon.
我得快一点,免得肉片炖坏了
- She better get a move on, or the escalopes will spoil.
地点在哪里?
- And where does all this take place?
巴顿小姐去年在丹士维 成立第一间红十字会
- Miss Barton opened the first Red Cross branch
巴顿小姐去年在丹士维 成立第一间红十字会
in Dansville last year,
今后应该会更有组织
so I expect it'll be more organized from now on.
是纽约的丹士维?
- Dansville, New York?
她近日将在集♥会♥上发表谈话
- She's holding a meeting there soon to make an announcement.
奥劳拉芬恩也会去
Aurora Fane's going,
她从一开始就极力拥护巴顿小姐
and she's been a champion of Miss Barton from the start.
你也想一起去?
- And you'd like to accompany her.
对,我很关心此事
- I would. I feel strongly about it.
爱格姑妈不去 外人会以为你反对慈善
Really, Aunt Agnes,
爱格姑妈不去 外人会以为你反对慈善
anyone would think you were against charity.
慈善在上流社会有两项功能
Charity has two functions in our world, my dear.
一是为贫弱者募款
The first is to raise funds for the less fortunate,
这是件好事
which is wholly good.
二是那些不入流者 跻身上流社会的踏脚石
The second is to provide a ladder
二是那些不入流者 跻身上流社会的踏脚石
for people to climb into society
二是那些不入流者 跻身上流社会的踏脚石
who do not belong there.
而这是坏事?
- And that is wholly bad?
倒不至于
- Not wholly, perhaps, but it should give us pause.
但足以令人却步
- Not wholly, perhaps, but it should give us pause.
好吧,你可以去
Very well. You may go.
请史考特小姐陪你一起去
- But ask Miss Scott to accompany you.
我现在不是很信任奥劳拉
I don't entirely trust Aurora these days,
居然邀请钱柏林夫人那种人
not since I learned Mrs. Chamberlain
居然邀请钱柏林夫人那种人
was on her guest list. - Oh, well...
大家午餐前先梳洗一下
shall we tidy ourselves before luncheon, dear?
我带南瓜出去遛遛
And I think Pumpkin needs a walk.
那是纽约环球报吗?
- Is that "The New York Globe"?
你的故事刊出了吗?
Did they publish your story?
你自己看
See for yourself.
要恭喜你,真是了不起
You are to be congratulated. What an achievement!
谢谢
- Thank you.
我去你父母家说的那些话……
- The things we said when I came to Brooklyn,
我去你父母家说的那些话……
those idiotic shoes...
还有那双蠢鞋子
those idiotic shoes...
-我不需要神仙教母 -我知道
- I don't need a fairy godmother.
-我不需要神仙教母 -我知道
- I know, but I think I came to your parents' house
我会去你父母家 主要是因为我很好奇
- I know, but I think I came to your parents' house
我会去你父母家 主要是因为我很好奇
as much as anything because I was curious.
连瑞克斯先生 都比我清楚你的背景
It seems to me Mr. Raikes knows more about your life
连瑞克斯先生 都比我清楚你的背景
than I do.
他是律师 能为我查出该知道的事
- He's a lawyer.
他是律师 能为我查出该知道的事
He understands how to find things out I need to know.
而我做不到
- And I don't.
我们吵了一架,别再弄得更僵
Look, we fell out.
我们吵了一架,别再弄得更僵
Let's not make it worse.
你是一片好心 但我的人生自己做主
You have a good heart, but I run my own life.
这样清楚了吗?
Is that clear? - Yes.
知道了
Is that clear? - Yes.
这是耍诡计吗?
- Is this a trick?
-赖瑞,你真是的 -我们没那么糟
- Really, Larry? - Give us some credit.
前一秒我才因与他通信被禁足
- One minute, I'm under arrest
前一秒我才因与他通信被禁足
for receiving a letter from Archie,
现在居然邀他来作客
and now you're asking him to dinner?
没错,要我们怎么想?
- She's right. What are we supposed to think?
我们想见见鲍德温先生
- We'd like to meet Mr. Baldwin.
对,也该是时候了
- Yes, it's time we met Mr. Baldwin.
我会转告他
- I will relay your invitation.
把他的地址给我 我邀他下周五来作客
- Just give me his address,
把他的地址给我 我邀他下周五来作客
and I'll invite him for next Friday.
-会办得隆重吗?-不会
- Will you make a party of it? - I don't think so.
史考特夫人?
- Mrs. Scott.
您见着佩姬了吗?
Did you see Peggy?
没有,他们说她外出了
- Uh, no. They told me she was out.
大概是去报社和福顿先生开会
- Maybe she had a meeting at "The Globe" with Mr. Fortune.
你要去寄信吗?
- Are you taking those to the mailbox?
你要去寄信吗?
- Mm-hmm.
想必你上回来访后 佩姬说了她父亲的不是
- I suppose after your visit the other day,
想必你上回来访后 佩姬说了她父亲的不是
Peggy said terrible things about her father.
她什么也没说,不论好或坏话
- She hasn't said anything, terrible or otherwise.
看得出他们父女不合吧?
- But you can see they don't get along?
我只知道佩姬认为 父亲逼她做出后悔之事
- As far as I can tell, Peggy feels her father forced her
我只知道佩姬认为 父亲逼她做出后悔之事
into a course of action she regrets.
父母所做都是为了保护子女
- Parents do things to protect their children,
不论孩子喜欢与否
whether they like it or not.
佩姬应该留在布鲁克林
Peggy belongs in Brooklyn.
有工作固然好 但在这里她只能半将就过活
It's nice she has her job,
有工作固然好 但在这里她只能半将就过活
but she will only live a half life here.
她很乐于工作
- She likes the work.
人生中不是只有工作
- But there is more to life than work,
而且佩姬过不上你们的生活
and Peggy cannot live your life.
或许吧,但……
- I suppose not.
她在布鲁克林 能找到对象结婚生子
- In Brooklyn, she could meet a suitable husband,
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表