剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
是该掐死她,对我俩都省事多了
I wish you had. It would have made things simpler for us both.
你马上就得离开?
- So you're leaving right away? - I am.
没错
- So you're leaving right away? - I am.
临走前我得处理一下邱区先生
But I may see to Mr. Church before I go.
他跟夫人一样巴不得我走
He wanted me out as much as she did.
待我跟那家子重新搭上线 不会忘了你的建言
Well...
待我跟那家子重新搭上线 不会忘了你的建言
I shall miss your instruction when I get back in that house.
以后事情会更好办
Things will be easier for you soon.
罗素夫人终于肯让女儿面世
Mrs. Russell is bringing her daughter out at last
届时见到她的机会很多
so you'll be able to meet her all over town.
这真是好消息
That's good news.
出手要轻,但是要快
Go gently, but get in there fast.
葛莱蒂小姐很固执
Miss Gladys can be stubborn but that can work in your favor
表示一旦让她爱上你 就会死心塌地
Miss Gladys can be stubborn but that can work in your favor
表示一旦让她爱上你 就会死心塌地
if you can make her think she loves you.
亚契鲍德温就再见了
They got rid of Archie Baldwin.
她下次反抗会更激烈
She'll be stronger next time.
你为何这么在乎这件事?
Why does it matter so much to you?
因为那狠心的女人 对女儿婚事期望很高
Because the "she-wolf" is planning something big for Miss Gladys
一旦她美梦破碎,我会高兴死
and it would warm my heart to see her high hopes shattered.
你这是在损我吧
Not much of a compliment for me.
-有人传信给您 -是谁传的?
- This was left for you. - By whom?
对街的贴身侍女
That lady's maid from across the street. Miss Turner, is it?
原来她要离职了
It seems she is leaving.
她写信来道别?
- Has she written to say goodbye? - In a way.
算是
- Has she written to say goodbye? - In a way.
并告诉我那封信是谁写的
And to tell me who wrote the letter
就是你服侍午餐 而我在对面罗素家那天
which came while you were serving luncheon
就是你服侍午餐 而我在对面罗素家那天
and I was across the road in Mrs. Russell's house.
真是抱歉
- I'm sorry about that. - You weren't to know.
不知者不罪
- I'm sorry about that. - You weren't to know.
您打算怎么做?
What will you do about it?
还不知道
I'm not sure. I'll have to think about that.
待我仔细想想
I'm not sure. I'll have to think about that.
俗话说君子报仇,三年不晚
They say "revenge is a dish best served cold."
真是美妙极了
This is marvelous.
谢谢赞美
I'm so pleased.
这是窦加的作品
It's by Monsieur Degas.
是印象派艺术家团体的成员
He's one of the group they call the "Impressionists."
我们在1863年游巴黎时 他们首次策展
We were in Paris in 1863
我们在1863年游巴黎时 他们首次策展
when they mounted their first exhibition.
展览取名为落选展
It was known as "Le Salon des Refusés."
因为法兰西艺术院 拒收他们的作品
They'd been turned down by the Académie des Beaux-Arts, you see.
这是我最喜欢的作品
It's a favorite of mine.
您真是慧眼独具
You have a wonderful eye.
容我多说一句亲身经历的建言
Before I go, may I offer a little of what I have gleaned
容我多说一句亲身经历的建言
from my own experience?
夫人请说
Of course.
年轻人或许以为 背离社会没啥大不了
it feels a small thing to turn your back on society.
年轻人或许以为 背离社会没啥大不了
But as the years go on, it can be a lonely place out there.
但时间一久,会发现孤独难忍♥
But as the years go on, it can be a lonely place out there.
必须确认你们俩 像我当年那样真心相爱
Make sure you are very much in love, as I was
以免将来后悔选择这条路
or there may come a day when the road you've taken does not seem worth it.
我言尽于此
And now I must leave you.
临走前记得来跟我道别
Please don't go without coming to find me.
她真擅于辞令
Ever the diplomat.
但我知道我俩的爱够坚定
But our love will be enough. I know it.
你听起来像在说服自己
You sound as if you're trying to convince yourself.
我是深信不疑
I am convinced.
仍改变不了事实
The fact remains
我不想起争执或名誉受损 这二者能免则免
I don't want a quarrel and I don't want a scandal
我不想起争执或名誉受损 这二者能免则免
- not if we can avoid it. - I know you mean your aunts
这是指你姑妈 我们何不挺身反抗?
- not if we can avoid it. - I know you mean your aunts
这是指你姑妈 我们何不挺身反抗?
but why can't we just stand up to them?
艾达姑妈不成问题,她会帮我们 难的是爱格姑妈
It isn't Aunt Ada.
艾达姑妈不成问题,她会帮我们 难的是爱格姑妈
She'll help us if she can. It's Aunt Agnes.
你爱我吗,玛丽安?
Do you love me, Marian?
你的爱和我一样深吗?
As much as I love you?
我只需要知道这点
That's what I need to know.
你说呢?
What do you think?
嫁给我
Marry me.
现在就嫁给我
Marry me now.
我去和钱柏林夫人道别
I'll go and find Mrs. Chamberlain then say goodbye.
她为人……既聪慧又有趣
She's a clever and interesting woman.
最好别让阿斯特夫人听到
Although I'd better not let Mrs. Astor hear me.
说得好
Touché.
我要再撑宽一点
I'd like it a little fuller here.
就依夫人的意思
If Madame wishes, of course.
但容我提醒 一般人裙撑都是越做越小
But I should point out that bustles are getting smaller for most people.
我又不是一般人
I am not most people.
爱格……
Agnes...
假如玛丽安和瑞克斯先生 立下誓约的话……
if Marian and Mr. Raikes did come to an arrangement...
你听说了什么?
What have you heard?
不是啦
Nothing.
我是说,万一他们结了婚
I just meant that...
我是说,万一他们结了婚
if they did marry
你不会跟他们断绝往来吧?
you wouldn't really cut them, would you?
你希望我这么做吗?
Don't you want me to?
我一点也不希望
No. Not at all.
我要让他们以为我会
I'd like them to think I would.
对玛丽安来说没有差别
It wouldn't make much difference to Marian.
她不在乎阿斯特夫人是否接受她
She doesn't care whether Mrs. Astor receives her.
或许吧,但男方很在乎
Maybe not, but he does.
她以为他可以放下这一切
She may think he can give it all up without a pang
我可不这么认为
but I know better.
有没有可能是你错看他了?
Isn't it just possible you may have misjudged him?
我错看他的机率 就好比纽约毁于地震
It is just possible an earthquake may destroy New York.
微乎其微
But it's not likely.
你好
Hello.
找我有事吗?
What can I do for you?
我知道您还在办公室 想来单独见您
I knew you were still here, and I wanted to see you. Alone.
这样啊
Goodness. This sounds serious.
听起来很严重
Goodness. This sounds serious.
我想再谈成为建筑师的事
I want to talk some more about my having a career in architecture.
又是这件事
Not this again.
你问过一次,我不答应
You've asked once and I've said no.
难道您无视顶尖建筑师 史丹佛怀特夸我有潜力?
So it didn't make any difference that Stanford White
难道您无视顶尖建筑师 史丹佛怀特夸我有潜力?
potentially one of our greatest architects
难道您无视顶尖建筑师 史丹佛怀特夸我有潜力?
thought I might have talent?
史丹佛怀特盖的新居 令你转了念想当建筑师
The "great" Stanford White turned your head when he built our house.
不能全怪他,我也有责任
I don't entirely blame him.
不能全怪他,我也有责任
I blame myself. I should've been watching.
是我一时失察
I blame myself. I should've been watching.
那您希望我怎么做?
What would you prefer me to do?
做你现在做的
What you're doing now, of course.
从旁学习,将来接管我的事业
You must study my business and take it over, in time.
-什么意思?-父亲,您天赋异禀
What is it?
-什么意思?-父亲,您天赋异禀
Father, you're a genius.
您创造出空前巨富
You've made a fortune that will go down in legend.
有此番成就者举国寥寥无几
I doubt there are a dozen men as successful as you in this country.
-举世亦不逾百人 -多谢赞美
I doubt there are a hundred in the world.
-举世亦不逾百人 -多谢赞美
You are very kind.
一旦继承家业 我能像您一样成功吗?
What chance do you think I have of equaling that
一旦继承家业 我能像您一样成功吗?
- if I follow in your footsteps? - Well...
人们会说我不成材,比不上父亲
I must always be the disappointing son of a great man
说我是难看的续集,砸了招牌
the poor second act, the failure.
若我投身完全不同领域
But if I take another path entirely, like architecture
像是建筑
But if I take another path entirely, like architecture
或许有机会闯出自己的一片天
I have the chance to make a mark of my own.
那我公♥司♥怎么办?
And my companies?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表