剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我保证
I swear.
你能保证什么 你又不是我
But you can't swear because you weren't there.
别逼我做选择
Don't force me to take sides.
你还有钱吗
What are you using for money?
我不用钱
I don't need money.
我有工作 能养活自己 也有住的地方
I'm fed, I'm paid, and I have a place to stay.
我给你带了点钱 你拿着
Well, I brought you some. You take it.
我说了不需要
I've told you I don't need it.
别傻了 我是你妈
Don't be silly. I'm your mother.
我给你钱天经地义
I'm allowed to give you money.
谢谢
Thank you.
我走了
I'm going now.
你要记住 只有你打破心结
You just remember, we are all held fast,
我们家的关系才能
frozen in time until you finally allow us
缓和
to move forward.
还需要什么其他的吗 夫人
Will there be anything else, ma'am?
你告诉我 还需要吗
You tell me. Will there?
去掉胸针会更好
It might be better without the broach.
太隆重了是吗
It's too much?
是的 隆重过头了
Yes, it's too much.
好了 就这样
Right, that's it.
谢谢
Thank you.
打扰了
Excuse us.
是莫里斯夫人吗 -我是费恩夫人
Mrs. Morris? - I'm Mrs. Fane.
莫里斯夫人在那儿
Mrs. Morris is over there.
我是罗素夫人 乔治·罗素
Mrs. Russell, Mrs. George Russell,
这是我的女儿格拉蒂丝
and this is my daughter Gladys.
住在第五大道前边 第61街拐弯那里
From further up Fifth Avenue, on the corner of 61st Street?
当然了
But of course.
我们一直在讨论的那栋豪... 那栋新房♥子
That great--that new house we've all been talking about.
你能来真是太好了
How good of you to come.
我来给你介绍一下 这位是罗素夫人 莫利斯夫人
Let me introduce you to Mrs. Russell, Mrs. Morris.
你好
How do you do?
罗素夫人今天和她的女儿一起过来的
Mrs. Russell has come here today with her daughter
她们住在第五大道和61街的
from their new house on the corner
拐角处 就是刚刚建好的那栋
of 61st and Fifth. It's just been finished.
你知道我说的是哪栋
You must know the one I mean.
真令人激动 -谁帮你设计的
How thrilling. - Who built it for you?
是我们在欧洲学成的建筑师
Our architect trained in Europe.
斯坦福·怀特先生
Mr. Stanford White.
你们一定要来参观
You must pay us a visit.
真佩服你没有请其他人
How brave not to go with the same old builders
都请的老建筑师
everyone else uses.
我觉得我们不应该害怕新事物
I don't think we should be afraid of new things
和新朋友
or new people.
每次我们开车路过的时候
How often we have said to each other,
就跟对方说"我们一定要认识
"We must know the family
住在那栋漂亮房♥子里的一家人"
who live in that marvelous house."
每次经过都会说 现在你来了
Every time we drive past, and here you are.
希望我能说服你参与我们的慈善活动
I hope we can persuade you to an interest in our cause.
正如你所言 我来了
As you say, I'm here.
当然 你也一样 罗素小姐
And you, of course, Miss Russell.
我相信你也会参与进来
I trust you'll take our part.
我也是这样想的 -我女儿还没有进入社交圈
I certainly intend to. - My daughter isn't out yet.
她只是来陪我的
She's only here to accompany me.
慈善活动对任何年龄段的人都是有益的
Surely charitable work is good for the spirit at any age.
那也得看情况
It depends.
那位是谁
Who's that?
张伯伦夫人 奥古斯塔斯·张伯伦
Oh, Mrs. Chamberlain, Mrs. Augustus Chamberlain.
她看上去跟我一样不认识什么人
She seems to know as few people as I do.
我倒觉得她认识这里的大部分人
Oh, I think she knows a good many of the women here.
只是这些人不想认识她罢了
They just don't want to know her.
奥罗拉
Aurora.
艾达姨妈 你气色不错
Aunt Ada. You are good.
胡说 -艾格尼丝姨妈怎么样了
Nonsense. - How is Aunt Agnes?
她会来吗 -她派我作为代表来的
Is she coming? - I am her ambassadress.
这位是玛丽安·布鲁克小姐 我们已故哥哥的女儿
And this is Miss Marian Brook, our late brother's daughter.
你好吗 布鲁克小姐
How do you do, Miss Brook?
你知道吗 我叔叔娶了你姑妈
You know, my uncle was married to your aunt,
我们算得上是利文斯顿家族的表姊妹了
and I think we're cousins anyway through the Livingstons.
你会在纽约呆很久吗
Are you in New York for long?
玛丽安搬来跟我们住了
Marian has come to live with us,
她想帮忙筹办这个慈善活动
and she wants to help out with the charity,
如果她可以的话
if she can be useful.
天呐 真是上天的恩赐
Why, this is manna from heaven.
今天下午我就给你安排
I'll send a note this very afternoon.
真抱歉
I'm so sorry.
这位是布鲁克小姐 玛丽安·布鲁克小姐
Uh, this is Miss Brook, Miss Marian Brook.
我是罗素夫人 她是罗素小姐
Mrs. Russell and Miss Russell.
我们好像是邻居
We are neighbors, I think.
当然是了
Of course we are.
不会是大道上那栋华丽的新宫殿吧
Not that splendid new palace right on the Avenue.
就是那栋
The very one.
今早我还在想 那一排排窗户后面
I was looking up at those rows of windows
到底是怎样的
only this morning wondering what lies behind them.
那你一定要来看看
Then you must cross the road and see.
是不是 格拉蒂丝
Isn't that so, Gladys?
只要布鲁克小姐肯赏光
If Miss Brook could spare the time.
当然
Of course.
我们可以进去了
I think we should go in.
千万别告诉艾格尼丝姑妈她们来了
Don't tell Aunt Agnes they were here.
她会生我气的
She'd be livid with me.
她总会知道的
She'll find out.
我为那个女孩感到难过
I feel rather sorry for the girl.
我挺喜欢她们的 -那不是重点
I liked them. - That's not the point.
那什么是重点 -我们面对现实吧 艾达姨妈
What is the point? - Let's face it, Aunt Ada.
我们需要钱 而且你也知道当那些人想融入这个圈子的时候
We need money, and you know how much those women give
她们会很大方
when they want to get in.
那是要付出一定代价的 奥罗拉
There's a price for that, Aurora,
光想不付出是不对的
and it's no good thinking you won't have to pay it.
那是谁
Who is that?
那是张伯伦夫人
That's Mrs. Chamberlain.
我不明白 先生
I don't understand you, sir.
你浪费钱就是为了毁了我吗
You want to throw money away just so you can ruin me?
我可不会这么说
That's not how I would put it.
你想在我的铁路旁边
You intend to build a new line
新建一条
right alongside my own
从克利夫兰到托莱多的铁路
all the way from Cleveland to Toledo
就是为了抢我生意
just to put me out of business.
我需要那片地方 我想要桑达斯基
I need that stretch, and I want to control Sandusky.
桑达斯基
Sandusky?
除了一堆帐篷和棚屋 桑达斯基还有什么
What the hell's Sandusky beyond a bunch of tents and shanties?
修了铁路之后 桑达斯基
Sandusky can be an important city
可以变成一个重要的城市
now the railroad passes through,
我想让它成为我管的城市
and I want it to be my city.
那就买♥♥下现有的铁路
Then buy the track that already exists
给你自己省上千美金
and save yourself thousands.
但是你拒绝我了 两次
But you turned me down, twice.
我拒绝是因为
I turned down your offer
我以为你会给出更好的报价
because I thought you'd come back with more.
这叫谈判
It's called negotiation.
我的字典里没有这个词 索伯恩先生
Not in my book, Mr. Thorburn.
你拒绝了我的报价
You refused my bid,
现在我会在你的铁路旁边新建一条
and now I will build a new line alongside yours.
这会让我出局
Which would wipe me out.
恐怕这是个严重的后果 是的
I'm afraid that'll be a consequence, yes,
但并不是我的首要目标
but it is not my principal intention.
不是吗
Oh, isn't it?
真是感谢老天
Well, thank the Lord.
还有别的事吗
Is there anything else?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表