剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Were a lot of people killed?
两千多人丧生
- More than 2,000--
包括我母亲,姨妈和她的宝宝
my mother, my aunt, and the baby included.
怎么找到遗体的?
- How did they find her? - They didn't.
没找到
- How did they find her? - They didn't.
大多死者皆无法辨识
Most of the dead couldn't be identified.
这里葬的是谁?
Then who's in the grave?
没有人
No one.
我父亲在棺木里放她的衣物 加些石头增加重量
My father filled the coffin with her clothes
我父亲在棺木里放她的衣物 加些石头增加重量
and put some rocks in for weight.
他要一个能缅怀她的地方 也几乎天天来这里
He wanted somewhere he could come to think about her.
他要一个能缅怀她的地方 也几乎天天来这里
And he did, day in, day out.
待的时间比在家还久
Spent more time here than at home.
-他现在人呢?-过世了
- Where is he now? - Dead.
我母亲死后五年走的
Five years after my mother.
那年我十四岁
I was 14 for that one.
杰克……
Oh, Jack.
真令人难过
I'm so sorry.
她生日当月我每周都会来
- I visit every week in the month of her birthday.
以前笑我爸太常来
Used to laugh at my old pa for coming.
现在他走了,换我来
But now he's gone, and here I am.
-很可笑吧?-才不呢
- It's funny, huh? - Not so funny.
你有兄弟姐妹吗?
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
两个兄弟但失联
- Two brothers, but we lost touch.
你一定很想念爸爸
You must miss your pa.
也还好,我们并不亲
- Not really. We weren't close.
唯一爱过我的人 仅留下这座衣冠冢
The last person to love me
唯一爱过我的人 仅留下这座衣冠冢
was the woman who is not in that grave.
这句话不是真的
I'm sure that isn't true.
你错了
No, you aren't.
我们走回去搭渡轮吧
Now, we should make tracks for the ferry.
我先回避一下
I'll give you a moment.
你母亲看起来很开心
Your mother looks very gay.
出门前她得知纽约传来好消息
- She had some good news from New York before we arrived.
说一下吧,罗素夫人
What's this, Mrs. Russell?
纽约传来啥好消息?
Good news from New York?
你先生脱身了吗?
Has your husband got off?
不是的
No, no.
他拍电报来说一切顺利
He just wanted to wire me how well things are going
要我代为向大家致意
and send his best wishes to all of you.
我说,麦卡里斯特先生
So tell me, Mr. McAllister.
你说服她在这里置产
Have you persuaded her to buy a place here?
还是直接盖新房♥子?
Or better still, to build one?
我不过让她知道有哪些做法
- I can only show Mrs. Russell the options.
谈不上说服她怎么做
I would not claim to have persuaded her to do anything.
她最会死缠烂打
She's tenacious.
这点我承认
I'll give her that.
笑一个,当作她在赞美你
- Smile and take it as a compliment.
本来就是赞美 她以前都把我当透明人
It is a compliment,
本来就是赞美 她以前都把我当透明人
if you knew the number of times she's pretended I didn't exist.
现在我成了她座上嘉宾
And now here I am at her table because I'm tenacious,
正因我死缠烂打,就像她说的
And now here I am at her table because I'm tenacious,
正因我死缠烂打,就像她说的
just as she said.
而且你懂得讨她欢心 她没料到这点
And because you amuse her
而且你懂得讨她欢心 她没料到这点
more than she thought you would.
舞会策划得如何了?
How are the plans for the ball coming along?
很顺利啊
Quite well, I think.
我担心会不会太早
I worry it may be too soon.
-对葛莱蒂来说不早了 -不是她,是对你
- Not for Gladys. - No, not for Gladys. For you.
别担心,我自有一套宣传计划
- Don't worry. I have a plan of campaign in mind.
别担心,我自有一套宣传计划
- Oh, never mind that.
先别管了
- Oh, never mind that.
秘诀就是点头,说你同意
The trick is just to nod and say that you agree.
大家就会觉得你聪明绝顶
And then everyone thinks you're as clever as clever can be.
我认为你是聪明绝顶
- I think you are as clever as clever can be.
只是像君子般自谦,为何如此?
But, like all gentlemen, you try to hide it.
只是像君子般自谦,为何如此?
Why is that?
人生已经够沉闷了
- Because life's quite serious enough
我何必雪上加霜
without any help from me.
你朋友对年轻女孩很有一套
- Your friend has quite a way
你朋友对年轻女孩很有一套
with young women, Mr. Van Rhijn.
说的是,他俩聊得很开心
- You're right. They seem to be having fun.
葛莱蒂觉得一切都很新奇 她下季度才会面世,故乐此不疲
- It's all very new for Gladys.
葛莱蒂觉得一切都很新奇 她下季度才会面世,故乐此不疲
She's only out in this coming season,
葛莱蒂觉得一切都很新奇 她下季度才会面世,故乐此不疲
so she hasn't had time to get bored with any of it.
我们得看紧她,免得她玩太凶
- Then we must guard her closely
我们得看紧她,免得她玩太凶
and hope she never will.
不劳你费心,我来就好
- Not too closely. That's my job.
罗素先生,你当队长
- Mr. Russell, you'll be a team leader.
若我做得不好,都得怪你
- If I'm not up to the task, I shall blame it on you.
赖瑞对她很有一套
- Larry knows how to handle her.
可不是嘛
- He does, doesn't he?
大家吃完去客厅坐
- Now, finish up and come into the parlor.
天啊,又要玩游戏了
- Oh, dear. More games.
你有意见吗,罗素夫人?
- Do you have any objections, Mrs. Russell?
完全没意见,费许夫人
Not in the least, Mrs. Fish.
您就接受罗素夫人的邀请吧
- Won't you change your mind about Mrs. Russell?
就算是为了我嘛
For me, Mama, please.
我不可能去的
Of course I can't, girl.
她没古尔德夫人那么糟
- She's no worse than Mrs. Jay Gould.
我不认同古尔德夫人
I do not receive Mrs. Gould.
也没接受过她的邀请
I do not attend her entertainments.
奥顿米尔斯的夫人怎么说 你就愿意去她家
- Mrs. Ogden Mills? You go there.
凯莉……
Carrie,
米尔斯夫人出身利文斯顿家族
Mrs. Mills was born a Livingston.
是两百多年的大地主望族
Her family have been landowners for two centuries or more.
嫁给暴发户不是她的错
It is not my fault she married an upstart.
况且她母亲要我别为此惩罚她
Besides, her mother asked me not to punish her for it.
我也答应了
- And I won't. - So why punish Mrs. Russell?
为何要惩罚罗素夫人?
- And I won't. - So why punish Mrs. Russell?
因为她毫无背景
She has come from nothing.
她丈夫也没好到哪里去
And her husband is no better.
你说他是不容小觑的人物
- You called him a force to be reckoned with.
你说他是不容小觑的人物
- Well, it does not mean that I am obliged
不表示我有义务 接受他妻子的邀请
- Well, it does not mean that I am obliged
不表示我有义务 接受他妻子的邀请
to sit in his wife's drawing room.
您未免太刻薄了
I think you're being unkind.
乖女儿
- My dear, to be a leader means sometimes one must be unkind.
领袖有时必须表现出刻薄的一面
- My dear, to be a leader means sometimes one must be unkind.
懦弱的人做不来
It is not a role for the faint-hearted.
早点睡
Sleep well, my dear.
史考特小姐
Miss Scott,
夫人听说你想见她
Mrs. Van Rhijn understands you wanted to see her.
-她方便的话 -方便
- If it's convenient. - It is.
她和艾达及玛丽安小姐在客厅
She's in the drawing room with Miss Ada and Miss Marian.
阿姆斯壮小姐 夫人请你十分钟后也上去
Miss Armstrong, she wondered if you might join them
阿姆斯壮小姐 夫人请你十分钟后也上去
in ten minutes.
-我吗?-就是你
- Me? - You.
那名产婆……
- And this midwife, did she bury the child?
她埋葬了婴儿吗?
- And this midwife, did she bury the child?
取过名字吗?
Did anyone christen him?
可怜的小宝宝
Oh, that poor innocent.
我不知道,一直没找到她
- I don't know because I never found her.
我请瑞克斯先生帮忙
I hoped Mr. Raikes could help me,
但他写信告诉我也没找到
but he wrote and told me
但他写信告诉我也没找到
that he couldn't trace her either.
就是阿姆斯壮偷看的那封信?
- So that was the letter that Armstrong read?
-我只是担心…… -闭嘴
- Well, I was concerned-- - Silence.
待会儿再换你说
You'll have your turn.
就是那封信
That was the letter.
原来有许多原委阿姆斯壮没提到
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表