剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
这有什么不同吗
Does that make a difference?
乔治·罗素是这城中举足轻重的人
George Russell is a force in this city,
无论你们如何假装视而不见
whatever you like to pretend.
但那里还会有什么人
But who else would be there?
我们可能和任何人同桌就餐
We could be dining with anyone.
不能就只有我们四个人吗
Won't there just be the four of us?
你们不能在他办公室见吗
Can't you meet him at his office?
但他不希望这样 不是吗
It's not what he wants, is it?
但我要如何跟人们解释
But how would I explain to people?
要不你就说 想邀请她
Why not say you wanted to invite her
加入你们的义卖♥♥委员会
onto the board of your bazaar?
我想她加入不了
I don't think so.
奥萝拉·费恩这次又是主席
Aurora Fane's the chairwoman again,
她们上次大吵一架
and they had a falling-out last time.
你们是联合主席
You are joint chairwomen.
你和她同样能做主
The choice is yours as much as hers.
我不知道这样行不行
I'm not sure its ever successful,
让不同阶级的人混在一起
trying to mix different types.
希望你到时候不要这样说
You won't say as much, I hope.
当然不会
Of course not.
义卖♥♥当天 我会邀请她来支持我们
And I'll invite her to come and support us on the day.
她不可能因此生气
She can't be offended at that.
是吗
Oh, can't she?
你不会接受的吧
You won't accept
如果罗素先生给你开出提议
if Mr. Russell makes you an offer.
应该不会
I shouldn't think so.
但我想知道 我拒绝的是什么
But I'd like to know what I'm turning down.
等阿斯特夫人听说我们去了他们家 要怎么办
And when Mrs. Astor hears we've gone to their house, what then?
阿斯特夫人知道这个世界的游戏规则
Mrs. Astor knows how the world works.
谢谢你 班尼斯特
Thank you, Bannister.
请告诉鲍尔太太 我叫了奥斯卡先生
Please tell Mrs. Bauer I've asked Mr. Oscar
和我们一起喝茶
to join us for tea.
玛丽安小姐的朋友会和他一起来
He'll be company for Miss Marian's friend,
-所以一共有五人 -好的 夫人
- so we'll be five. - Very good, ma'am.
-奥斯卡能走得开吗 -他说可以
- Can Oscar get away? - He says so.
联盟俱乐部
成立于1836年 纽约市最古老的私人社交俱乐部
也是美国第五个最古老的私人俱乐部
被认为是纽约市最有声誉的俱乐部之一
他跟奥格登·戈莱特在联盟俱乐部共进午餐后
He's got a luncheon at the Union with Ogden Goelet,
之后就直接过来
and he'll come straight on.
他不会回银行
He won't go back to the bank.
他能向他的朋友引见玛丽安吗
Could he introduce Marian to some of his friends?
他一定认识许多适龄的年轻人
He must know any number of suitable young men.
约翰·亚当斯算不上有出息
John Adams wasn't exactly a roaring success.
但我同意 他一定认识其他候选人
But I agree, he must know other candidates.
或许奥斯卡自己喜欢她
Or perhaps Oscar might take a shine to her himself.
喜欢
Take a shine?
-我只是说她... -他们是嫡表亲
- I only meant she's... - They are first cousins.
并且她身无分文
And she hasn't a cent.
谢谢 这种仆人打趣的话
So I'd be grateful if you would keep
就不要说给我听了
your servants' hall slang to yourself.
钱不是万能的 艾格妮丝
Money isn't everything, Agnes.
在我为了帮你
Ha, you say that to me
做出巨大牺牲之后 你居然对我这么说
after the sacrifice I made to save your skin?
是为了帮我们俩 艾格妮丝
To save both our skins, Agnes.
你听说我们要款待
You've heard we're to entertain
莫里斯参议员及其夫人吗
Alderman Morris and his wife?
我了解罗素夫人 她肯定想要风光大办
And if I know Mrs. Russell, she'll want quite a show.
我已列好了一张所需食材的清单
I've made a list of what I'll need from the store cupboard
少数物品我们必须订购
and a few things that we'll have to order in.
我来处理 谢谢
I'll take care of it, thank you.
你开始适应了吗
Are you starting to feel at home?
我想是的
I think so.
但如果你有任何建议 尽管提
But I'm open to advice if you have any.
你看起来很在行 布鲁斯太太
Oh, you look as if you know the ropes pretty well, Mrs. Bruce.
你一直从事这种工作吗
Have you always done this kind of work?
差不多吧
More or less.
我12岁时 我妈看到广♥告♥
My mother answered an advertisement
应征当了厨娘 然后就一路走到如今
for a kitchen maid when I was 12, and that was it.
你已高升了
You worked your way up the ladder.
你父母之前是仆人吗
Were your parents in service?
不是
Oh, no.
我出身低微
My beginnings were very humble.
我父亲是雇农
My father was a farmworker,
母亲以前在秋收时帮人摘果子
and my mother used to pick fruit in the fall.
我从不知道存在这样的世界
I never knew a world like this existed.
我真羡慕你
Well, I envy you.
-真的吗 -嗯
- Really? - Mm-hmm.
如果让大部分人在顶级大厨
If you offered most people the choice between a top chef
和老处♥女♥管家之间选择 我知道他们会选什么
and a spinster housekeeper, I know which they'd take.
这并不意味着他们是对的
It doesn't mean they'd be right.
第七军团军械库
坐落于美国纽约曼哈顿公园大道
是一栋占据了纽约上城一整个街区的砖石历史建筑
是美国唯一一个私人出资修建的军械库
义卖♥♥将设在新第七军团
So it will be at the Veterans' Room
军械库的退役军人室
at the new Seventh Regiment Armory.
你确定他们会同意吗
You're sure they'll agree?
朱特夫人说他们很乐意帮忙
Mrs. Druett says they'll be keen to help.
我这周会给他们打电♥话♥
I'll call him there this week.
我们有足够的摊主吗
And we have enough stall holders?
我想足够了
I think so.
我们不希望太拥挤
We don't want a crush.
你邀请罗素夫人了吗
Have you asked Mrs. Russell?
我们不会再重蹈覆辙了
We won't go down that route again.
-说得没错 -很好
- Precisely. - Good.
我不明白有何不可 我喜欢她
I don't see why not. I like her.
当心 亲爱的
Careful, my dear.
否则我就把你的话告诉艾格妮丝婶婶
Or I'll report you to Aunt Agnes.
但为什么不让她加入
But why keep her out?
她能为慈善捐赠更多的钱
She can give more to the cause
比我们所有人加起来都要多
than the rest of us put together.
我们非常欢迎她来捐款
She's welcome to make a donation.
我们很快将和她共进晚餐
We're dining with her soon,
我会尽力用我们的工作感染她
and I'll try to inspire her with our work.
你们要和罗素夫人共进晚餐吗
You're having dinner with Mrs. Russell?
在她家吗
At her house?
她丈夫有事想跟莫里斯先生聊
Her husband has something he wants to talk about with Mr. Morris.
我是听到有人在背后说我闲话吗
Do I hear my name taken in vain?
你不要干扰我们的会议
You're not to disturb our meeting.
我想知道 你们会邀请罗素夫人
I wonder, will you include Mrs. Russell
-作为你们的摊主吗 -显然不会
- among your stall holders? - Apparently not.
但我们依然想要她的支票
We still want her check, though.
我们只是想先羞辱她一下
We just mean to insult her first.
她丈夫不会接受这种怠慢
Her husband won't take kindly to the snub.
这次义卖♥♥是为了帮助儿童
This bazaar is in aid of children.
我们需要一切都纯洁无瑕
We need everything to be as pure as the driven snow.
所以你们是故意要惹恼这位
And so you mean to tangle with the men
拥有全国大部分铁路的男人吗
who own most of the railroads in this country?
钱不是万能的
Money isn't everything.
一分钱难倒英雄汉
It is when you haven't got it.
给你 这是我所有的财产了
Here, this is all I have.
给你 拿着
Here, take it.
求你 拿着吧
Take it, please.
我不要你的垃圾
I don't want your junk.
-我要钱 -鲍尔太太
- I want the money. - Mrs. Bauer?
发生什么事了
What's happening?
我会回来拿我那笔钱的
I'll be back to get my money.
刚刚那个男人是谁
Who was that man?
叫他们走 让他们离开
Tell them to go. Make them go.
这些是从哪拿的
Where did these come from?
现在你知道我是什么货色了
Now you know what I am.
我知道你刚刚吓坏了
I know you were badly frightened.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表