剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
- Of course, there is much in your story
原来有许多原委阿姆斯壮没提到
that Armstrong did not glean.
她说你未婚生子,并抛弃孩子
She said you bore an illegitimate child
她说你未婚生子,并抛弃孩子
whom you then abandoned.
我没那么说……
- That's not exactly--
其实你是已婚生子
- I find now that you are a married mother
且不幸丧子
whose child died.
我也历经过丧子之痛
I've lost children.
懂你的感受
I know what that is.
确实如此,爱格
You do, Agnes.
-所以才要…… -对啦……
- And we should have every-- - Yes, yes.
现在该决定如何处置阿姆斯壮
But now we must decide what to do with Armstrong.
我是为了这个家的名誉着想
- I was only trying to protect the reputation of this house.
我何尝不是
- I could say the same. You may go.
你先下去
- I could say the same. You may go.
史考特小姐,你想怎么做?
What's to be done, Miss Scott?
我无意冒犯夫人
- With respect, ma'am, I cannot stay here.
但这里我已经待不下去了
- With respect, ma'am, I cannot stay here.
但这里我已经待不下去了
Not now.
我今晚就离开
- I'll leave tonight. - I hope you don't mean that.
希望你只是说气话
- I'll leave tonight. - I hope you don't mean that.
我是认真的
I'm afraid I do.
她在楼下对我态度极差 我再也待不下去了
The way she treats me downstairs
她在楼下对我态度极差 我再也待不下去了
makes it impossible that I should stay.
今后只会越来越糟
And that would only get worse.
我很感谢您的包容
But I thank you for your kindness.
愿您一切平安
And I wish you well.
我们感谢你的辛苦付出
- And we thank you for your hard work.
-是吧,爱格?-当然是
- Don't we, Agnes? - Of course.
希望你再考虑一下,史考特小姐
But I do hope you'll reconsider your decision, Miss Scott.
我先打包重要物件
I'll go up and pack a bag.
其余物品可以改天再来取吗?
Can I come back for the rest of my things on another day?
当然可以
Certainly.
辞退阿姆斯壮比较合理吧?
Wouldn't it have been better to lose Armstrong?
这就得重新训练 了解我习惯的侍女
And have me train a new maid
这就得重新训练 了解我习惯的侍女
in all my ways at my time of life?
我都几岁了
in all my ways at my time of life?
也许史考特小姐会变卦
Maybe Miss Scott will change her mind.
她不会的
She won't.
或许她说的对
But perhaps she's right.
也该迈向另一阶段了
Perhaps the time has come for a new chapter.
我们所有人都是
For all of us.
瞧你说得如此决然
How final you make that sound.
你当真不愿意留下 史考特小姐?
- Can I persuade you to stay, Miss Scott?
不了
- I can't. Not the way things are.
都到了这种地步
- I can't. Not the way things are.
其实艾达说的有理
Really, Miss Ada's right.
该走的人是阿姆斯壮
It ought to be Armstrong who goes.
是我不够有魄力
Seems very feeble on my part.
那可不行
- Couldn't let you do that. It would be too disruptive.
会影响您生活起居
- Couldn't let you do that. It would be too disruptive.
我没问题的
I'll be just fine.
希望我们是好聚好散
- I hope we can end on good terms.
当然是
Of course.
我由衷感谢您让我在这里工作
I remain very grateful for the time
我由衷感谢您让我在这里工作
you've let me spend in this house.
你既年轻又杰出
- You're an impressive young woman.
不是每个人都会支持你
Not everyone will support your ambitions,
甚至会阻碍你
to say the least of it.
你够坚强,一定能克服
But you are strong enough to manage that.
谢谢鼓励,我会尽力
- Thank you. I'll try to be.
快出发吧 才赶得上最后一班渡轮
- And now you'd better go if you are to catch the last ferry.
再见,凡瑞恩夫人
Goodbye, Mrs. Van Rhijn.
再见,史考特小姐
Goodbye, Miss Scott.
愿主保佑你
And may God bless you.
您怎舍得长♥期♥待在纽约
- How can you spend so much time in New York
这里如此舒适
when you have this to come home to?
能说什么呢?
- What can I say? I am a social animal.
我无法离群索居
- What can I say? I am a social animal.
阿斯特夫人每年夏天都来 会变得不一样吗?
- Will it change things, having Mrs. Astor here every summer?
要我说,好是好 只怕好过头了
I should have thought it would have been
要我说,好是好 只怕好过头了
a little too much of a good thing.
-说的是 -这就是要克服的地方
Amen.
-说的是 -这就是要克服的地方
- I think that will be the challenge.
最好纽约跟纽波特都各尽其用
To make sure New York and Newport
最好纽约跟纽波特都各尽其用
remain distinct in their ways of doing things.
知道她花多少钱买♥♥那座山庄吗?
- Do you know what the Astors paid for Beechwood?
大概将近20万美元
Not far short of $200,000.
跟我们说这些 阿斯特夫人会不高兴吧
- I don't think Mrs. Astor would be happy
跟我们说这些 阿斯特夫人会不高兴吧
to know you've told us that.
-真想看看那座山庄 -为什么想?
- I wish I could have seen it. - Why?
别的不说,我想知道20万 能买♥♥什么样的房♥子
- Well, apart from anything else,
别的不说,我想知道20万 能买♥♥什么样的房♥子
I'd like to know what you can expect for $200,000.
真可惜她现在不在家
- Well, it's a shame she's not here.
不如我带你去吧
- Why don't I take you? We'll go this afternoon.
今天下午就去
- Why don't I take you? We'll go this afternoon.
我认识她管家,没问题的
I know the butler. He won't mind.
那位大名鼎鼎的海夫堤?
The legendary Mr. Hefty?
我还以为他在纽约
I thought he stayed in New York.
山庄完工后她家有了新规矩
- No, there's a new routine now the house is finished.
他会提早两天先到
He comes out two days ahead of her.
她明天才来,没事的
And she's due tomorrow. It'll be all right.
-这样好吗?-我也得去吗?
- Is that wise? - Do I have to come?
你跟我待在家比较好
- You can stay here with me, dear.
你跟我待在家比较好
That might be better.
不该等阿斯特夫人来了再去吗?
- Shouldn't we wait until Mrs. Astor's in town?
今天去比较省事
No, it'll be simpler today.
该离开的人是阿姆斯壮 而不是你吧?
- But shouldn't this Miss Armstrong
该离开的人是阿姆斯壮 而不是你吧?
have been the one to go, not you?
或许吧
Maybe.
玛丽安说她姑妈无法适应 没有侍女的生活
But Marian told me Mrs. Van Rhijn felt
玛丽安说她姑妈无法适应 没有侍女的生活
she could never learn to live without her maid.
现在叫她玛丽安了?
Marian?
我们后来和好了
We were friends in the end.
她会想你的
She'll miss you.
剩她一人面对两个老太太
Stuck in that house with two old ladies.
她们也没多老
They're not so old.
反正她不会待太久
And anyway, I don't think she'll be there much longer.
她要结婚了
She's getting married.
你有何打算才是我想知道的
- But what about you? That's what I want to know.
你的未来有无限可能 只要肯踏出那一步
There's a lot in your future,
你的未来有无限可能 只要肯踏出那一步
if you'll only get out and make it happen.
我很肯定
I just know it.
你的口气像凡瑞恩夫人
- You remind me of Mrs. Van Rhijn.
果真如此,那我欣赏她
- If that's true, then I respect her for it.
你有何打算?
But what will you do?
先住家里,若你愿收留我
Stay here, if you'll let me.
我会继续为环球报工作
And continue with my work at "The Globe."
恐怕过不了你父亲那关
- We may have a problem with your father.
大不了我再搬出去
I can always move out again.
没必要说那种挑衅的话
- No need for fighting talk just yet.
我会闭嘴,除非他先动口
- I'll say nothing unless he's looking for a fight.
-他想吵架,我随时奉陪 -再说吧
But if he is, then I'll give him one.
-他想吵架,我随时奉陪 -再说吧
Perhaps, but right now,
能不能先平心静气 喝点咖啡呢?
Perhaps, but right now,
能不能先平心静气 喝点咖啡呢?
could you put down your sword and have some coffee?
我们大概参观一下就好 可以吧,海夫堤?
- We could take a quick look around the first floor,
我们大概参观一下就好 可以吧,海夫堤?
can't we, Hefty?
阿斯特夫人不会介意的
Mrs. Astor wouldn't mind.
就跟她说我带芬恩夫人来参观
You could tell her I was here with Mrs. Fane.
若您确定会没问题
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表