剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
镀金时代
第一季 第二集
你以为我们会忘了你吗
Did you think we'd forget about you?
我没法给你我没有的东西
I can't give you what I haven't got.
那就想办法
Find it!
但我没办法
But I can't.
去筹钱吧
Get the money.
我明天再回来收
I'll be back to collect it tomorrow.
这样下去 我的衣服会比
At this rate, I shall have more clothes
威尔士王妃还多
than the Princess of Wales.
但如果范莱茵夫人坚持...
But if Mrs. Van Rhijn insists...
我有什么资格反对
Who am I to object?
你能陪着我真好
It's good of you to keep me company.
我不介意
I don't mind.
至少我觉得
At least, I think it's ridiculous
不让你独自出门很荒谬
that you're not allowed to walk out on your own.
但这也让我有机会出来透透气
But it gives me a chance to get some air.
接下来试袖子
Now for the sleeves.
顺便告诉你 家乡有人要来纽约了
By the way, someone from home is coming to the city.
我今天早上收到了一封信
I got a letter this morning.
来自宾夕法尼亚州的朋友吗
A friend from Pennsylvania?
算不上
Not exactly.
是我父亲去世时处理他事务的律师
The lawyer who managed my father's affairs when he died.
是公事吗
Is it about business?
也许吧 他没说
It may be. He doesn't really say.
你会让他来61街做客吗
Will you let him visit 61st Street?
为什么这么问
Why?
这会太夸张吗
Would that be very shocking?
不是那个
It's not that,
虽然范莱茵夫人或许会这么想
although Mrs. Van Rhijn may think so.
我是想跟他寻求点建议
But, uh, I might want to ask his advice.
是吗
Really?
任何有色人种律师最终都会告诉我父亲
Any colored lawyer would find his way back to my father,
而我不能让他知道
and he can't know about it.
我不确定雷克斯先生是否愿意
I'm not sure Mr. Raikes would do it.
-但我可以问问 -打扰一下...
- But I can always ask. - Excuse me--
他是在宾夕法尼亚州学的法律吗
And he studied law in Pennsylvania?
我想是的
I presume so.
这跟你的写作有关吗
Is this for your writing?
不 是私事
No, it's a personal matter.
-请把手臂抬起来 -你的文章写得怎么样了
- Raise your arms, please. - How is the writing going?
写了很多了吗
Are you getting much done?
是的
I think so.
我寄了些自荐信
I sent out query letters.
给哪些出版社
To which publications?
算了 等我收到回复再告诉你
No, I'll tell you once I hear back from them.
我可不想乌鸦嘴
I don't want to risk bad luck.
那我希望雷克斯先生能帮上忙
Well, I hope Mr. Raikes can be of help.
我还希望他不会带着爸爸的一堆债务过来
I also hope he hasn't turned up a pile of Daddy's debts.
什么意思
What can you mean?
我当然没拜访过罗素夫人
Of course I haven't called on Mrs. Russell.
玛丽安 我希望你没有鼓励她这么做
Marian, I hope you don't encourage her in this.
我没有
I don't.
你对罗素家的女儿格莱妮丝了解多少
What do you know about the Russells' daughter, Glenys?
她亮相了吗
Is she out?
他们那种人会让女儿在社交场合亮相吗
Do people like that bring their daughters out?
我以为他们只会把她卖♥♥给出价最高的人
I thought they just sold them to the highest bidder.
她叫格拉迪斯 不是格莱妮丝
She's called Gladys, not Glenys.
我觉得她还没有亮相
And I don't think she is out yet.
-但她人很好 -你怎么知道
- But she's very nice. - How do you know?
我遇到她跟奥萝拉·费恩在一起
I met her with Aurora Fane.
奥萝拉这是在铤而走险
Aurora skates so close to the edge.
你跟格拉迪斯熟到能约她吃午餐的程度了吗
Do you know this Gladys well enough to ask her to luncheon?
-还没有 -最好别是
- Not really. - I should think not.
艾格妮丝 你不能对一个无辜的
Agnes, you can't have anything
年轻姑娘充满偏见
against an innocent young girl.
我反对的是她家族
I am opposed to her tribe.
-这些是要送上去的吗 -没错
- Is this for sending up? - Right there.
你还好吗 鲍尔太太
Are you quite well, Mrs. Bauer?
我为什么会不好
Why wouldn't I be?
你好像不开心
You seem upset.
我在切洋葱
Oh, I've been chopping onions.
斯科特小姐 你一直在为范莱茵夫人工作吗
Miss Scott, have you been working with Mrs. Van Rhijn?
对
Yes.
我想你觉得这可以让你成为某种秘书
Suppose you think that makes you a sort of secretary.
她就是秘书 不是"某种"秘书
She is a secretary and not a "Sort of" anything,
所以她的地位比你高 阿姆斯特朗小姐
which puts her above you in the pecking order, Miss Armstrong.
奥斯卡先生很帅 对吗
Mr. Oscar's good-looking, isn't he?
他走的时候我看到他了
I saw him when he left.
奥斯卡先生只对一种东西感兴趣
Mr. Oscar's interested in one thing only,
-而你没有 -什么东西
- and you haven't got it. - What's that?
-钱 -别打击她
- Money. - Don't bash her down.
她只不过说他很帅 也没说错
She only said he was good-looking, and so he is.
我不知道他们是否想撮合他和玛丽安小姐
I wonder if they'll try to set him up with Miss Marian.
他想娶女继承人 越有钱越好
He wants an heiress, the richest he can find.
而玛丽安小姐名下一分钱都没有
And Miss Marian hasn't a penny to her name.
如果你对这个家里所有人的品格
If you've finished demolishing the characters
都评头论足过了 约翰和我就上午餐了
of every member of this family, John and I will serve luncheon.
-你准备好了吗 鲍尔太太 -是的
- Are you ready, Mrs. Bauer? - I am.
这个雷克斯先生是什么人
Who is this Mr. Raikes?
处理亨利财产的律师
The lawyer who settled Henry's estate.
-我们一定要接待他吗 -他没收亨利的钱
- Do we have to receive him? - He waived his fee.
我明白了
Oh, I see.
那我们就喝个茶 速战速决
Well, let's make it tea and be quick about it.
很好 我们可以开始了
Good. Now we can get started.
雷克斯先生已经到城里了吗
Has Mr. Raikes arrived in the city?
他现在应该已经到了
He should be here by now.
那就请他明天来喝茶
Then ask him for tea tomorrow.
-没必要 -艾达说他没收你们的钱
- You don't have to. - Ada says he waived his fee.
-是的 -那就请他来喝茶
- He did. - Then you will give him tea.
你不能欠这种人的人情
You cannot be indebted to these people.
好 那我让他四点半来
Very well, I'll ask him for half past 4:00.
安妮·莫里斯让我三点去找她
Anne Morris wants me to call on her at 3:00.
她想让我在她的义卖♥♥上摆个摊
She'd like me to take a stall in her bazaar.
什么意思 摆摊
What do you mean, take a stall?
摆个摊 并收集我们要卖♥♥的东西
Run a stall and gather the things we'll sell.
为了慈善
It's for charity.
我也没觉得这能赚钱
Well, I didn't think it was for profit.
他们加入了
They're joining the Dispensary
救助贫困妇女和儿童的
for Poor Women and Children
药房♥和医务室项目
with the Infirmary for Indigent Women and Children
而且他们要把这整个项目搬到第七街
and they'll move the whole thing to 7th Street.
听着挺合理的 不是吗
That's sounds sensible, doesn't it?
听着够无聊 无论如何都值得尊敬
It sounds dull enough to be respectable, at any rate.
你在这里
There you are.
你还跟莫里斯夫人见面吗
Do you still see Mrs. Morris?
我没跟她吵架 如果你是指这个的话
I haven't quarreled with her, if that's what you mean.
但你没再跟她见面了
But you don't see her?
我给了她一张支票支持她的慈善事业
I gave her a check for her charity,
正如你大胆指出的那样
which, as you so gallantly pointed out,
她们想从我这里只想要这些
was all they wanted from me,
从那之后我就没有她的消息了
and I haven't heard from her since.
她嫁给了市议员帕特里克·莫里斯
You know, she's married to Alderman Patrick Morris.
-我想是的 -我想见他
- So I believe. - I'd like to meet him.
那就请他去你的办公室
Then invite him to your office.
我想私下见他
I want it to be informal.
-请他来吃晚餐 -他不会来的
- Ask him here for dinner. - He wouldn't come.
邀请他就是了
Ask him anyway.
你不是说我们该去吧
You're not suggesting we should go.
我很好奇 她的慷慨捐款与我有什么关系
I'm curious as to why I'm included in her largesse.
我猜这是她丈夫的提议
I suspect her husband's had a hand in it.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表