剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
然后通过法案
and then pass the law?
我没让你们做任何事
I'm not telling you to do anything.
等到法案通过以后
And when it comes into law,
股价就会暴涨
the shares will go through the ceiling.
因此用保证金买♥♥入也没有风险
So there's no risk in my buying on margin,
这样我就不用筹钱买♥♥股票了
as I'll never have to raise the money to cover it.
你说的是这个意思
That's what you're saying.
我重复一遍
I repeat.
我没有给你任何指示
I am not giving you any kind of instruction.
所以我们不在你的办公室见面
This is why we're not meeting in your office.
你的表情很严肃
You look very serious.
不是严肃 是在深思
Not serious, thoughtful.
恐怕你得回家
Well, I'm afraid you're going to have to take
去接着深思了 莫里斯先生
your thoughts home, Mr. Morris.
莫里斯夫人累了
Mrs. Morris is tired.
我来告诉你她想回家
I'm to tell you she wants to leave.
我希望她感谢了你让我们度过一个美好的夜晚
Well, I hope she's thanked you for our wonderful evening.
你会答复我吧
You'll let me know?
是的 我会答复你
Yes. I'll let you know.
恭喜你 亲爱的
Congratulations, my dear.
美妙绝伦的晚宴 安排得非常完美
An excellent dinner, brilliantly orchestrated.
我觉得你帮我钓到了一条期盼已久大鱼
I think you've caught me the fish I was after.
我很高兴
I'm glad.
他们走了
Well, they've gone.
老爷和夫人在书房♥小酌休息
The master and mistress are having a drink in the library to recover,
干得好 先生 一个大获全胜的夜晚
but well done, monsieur, a triumphant evening.
听见了吗 博丹先生
You hear that, Monsieur Baudin?
知道我们的辛勤劳作没有枉费
What a comfort it is to know that all the hard work
真是令人欣慰
has been worthwhile.
没有吗
Has it?
玛丽安说你想要见我
Marian said you wanted to see me?
把门关上
Shut the door.
现在我要说清楚一件事
Now, I need to make one thing clear.
你不准再撮合玛丽安和那个讨厌的年轻人了
You are not to encourage Marian over that tiresome young man.
-我没有 -你就有
- Oh, but I didn't. - Yes, you did.
"他人真好
"How nice he is.
她在城里有个朋友该多么有好啊"
What fun it will be for her to have a friend in the city."
-这是实话 -艾达...
- But it will be. - Ada...
她没有一分钱财产
she hasn't a penny.
我不能把范莱茵家的钱留给她
And I can't leave her any of the Van Rhijn money,
那些理应由奥斯卡继承
which should and will go to Oscar.
那我怎么办
What will happen to me?
这你不用担心 我会活得比你长
Don't worry about that. I will outlive you.
说回正题
Now, as I was saying.
玛丽安没有收入 至于她的出身
Marian has no income, and her birth--
因为她的母亲
thanks to her mother--
也不是无懈可击
is not impeccable.
简单来说 如果没有一个像样的婚姻
In short, without a decent marriage,
她就完了
she will be lost.
但他是个律师
But he's a lawyer.
要我说 他就是个讼棍罢了
Oh, if you ask me, he's a shyster
既没有背景也没有资产
with neither background nor fortune.
很显然
It's obvious.
他只把她当成离开多伊尔斯敦的车票
He sees her as a ticket out of Doylestown.
但是如果他们互相倾慕
But if they like each other...
为了钱而结婚并不总能
Marrying for money is not always
确保得到幸福 艾格妮丝
a guarantee of happiness, Agnes.
我并不希望她为了钱而结婚
I don't wish her to marry for money.
但我希望她的婚姻能带来安全 扶助
Only to marry for security, support,
如果老天保佑 还有感情
and, God willing, affection.
你不希望她拥有这些吗
Would you deny her that?
我当然希望
Of course not.
那就晚安了
Then good night.
我担心我们有点迟到了
I'm afraid we're a little late.
他肯定会等
I'm sure he'll wait.
鲍尔太太今天怎么样
How is Mrs. Bauer today?
她已经把银器放回去了
I believe she put the silver back,
但还是对其余一切事绝望万分
but in despair about everything else.
我可以筹到钱
I can find the money.
我只需想出办法在拿到钱时
I just have to figure out how to get it
不告诉任何人用钱的原因
without telling anyone why I need it.
-我信不过秘密 -真的吗
- I don't believe in secrets. - Really?
我信不过是因为秘密从不管用
I don't believe in them because they never work.
最终所有事情都会大白于天下
Everything always comes out in the end.
你最清楚了
You should know.
你比谁都擅长保密
You keep secrets better than most.
真漂亮 这是什么时候建的
It's wonderful. When was it built?
差不多十年前建成的
It was finished almost ten years ago.
最上面的那个雕像是由一位女士所雕塑
And the statue at the top was made by a woman.
你会喜欢这一点
You'll like that.
我确实喜欢 她是谁
I do like it. Who was she?
艾玛·斯特宾斯
Emma Stebbins,
她是在纽约市接到雕塑委托的
the first woman to receive a sculptural commission
第一位女性
in New York City.
我希望你是刚刚从导游手册上看来的
I hope you just read that in the guidebook.
确实
I did.
真是松了一口气 你刚刚吓了我一跳
What a relief. You scared me for a moment.
这位是斯科特小姐
This is Miss Scott.
日安 斯科特小姐
Good day, Miss Scott.
听说你有事情想向我咨♥询♥
I gather that you wish to ask for my help.
如果你不认为太唐突的话 先生
If you don't see it as impertinent, sir.
事实上 我很好奇
As a matter of fact, I'm curious.
-谢谢 -那我就不打扰了
- Thank you. - Then I'll leave you to it.
你好 布鲁克小姐
Hello, Miss Brook.
罗素小姐
Miss Russell.
这是我母亲的女佣 特纳小姐
This is my mother's maid, Turner.
她好心带我去试衣服
She's been kind enough to take me to a fitting.
让我们单独聊聊 可以吗
Give us a moment, will you?
其实她是替我母亲来监视我
She was really spying on me for my mother
确保我不会改衣服的设计
to make sure I didn't change the design.
我昨天见到你哥哥了
I saw your brother yesterday.
他提及了
He said.
不过他觉得自己短期内不会再收到邀请
Although he doesn't expect to be asked back anytime soon.
尼克博克
纽约市审视俱乐部 成立于1871年
名字来源于美国作家华盛顿·欧文的笔名"迪德里希·尼克博克"
被认为是美国最排外的上层俱乐部
也是世界上最负盛名的贵族俱乐部之一
他昨天和你表哥在尼克博克
He had dinner with your cousin last night
一起吃了晚餐
at the Knickerbocker.
范莱茵先生从街对面走过来
Mr. Van Rhijn came across the street
然后他们一起去了
and they went together.
他确实能逗我笑
He did make me laugh.
是的 奥斯卡很风趣
Yes, Oscar can be quite witty.
我觉得他很有魅力
I thought he was charming.
他想让我和他们共进晚餐
He wanted me to join them for dinner,
当然我也去不了
but, of course, it was out of the question.
这些规矩真奇怪
How strange these rules are.
为什么你不能和哥哥
Why shouldn't you go out to dinner
和朋友出去吃晚餐
with your brother and a friend?
这不是很正常的事吗
What could be more normal?
对我母亲来说可不是
Not to my mother.
看啊 那人是想找你吗
Look. Is that man trying to catch your attention?
我猜是吧
I think he is.
再见 罗素小姐
Good day, Miss Russell.
我想你得多盯着点她了
I suspect you ought to keep an eye on her.
我会的
I will.
一切都谈妥了吗
Is everything settled?
斯科特小姐会给我写信
Miss Scott is going to write to me.
你要保证把账单寄给我
You must promise to send a bill.
别担心那个
Don't worry about that.
这次真的要告别了
And now this really is goodbye.
我今早结束了最后的面试
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表