剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我没想到会这样
I didn't see this coming.
我承认
I admit it.
我以为你们是体面人
I thought you were honorable men.
当然 没体面到会错失大赚一笔的机会
Not too honorable to miss the chance of a fat buck, of course,
而不是一群贪婪肮脏的贼
but not greedy, dirty thieves.
罗素先生
Mr. Russell.
我以为我才是那个会使诈的人
I thought I was the one who might throw a curveball.
现在看来
And now look.
你们早已设下陷阱等我
You've caught me out.
再见 罗素先生
Good day to you, Mr. Russell.
再见 莫里斯先生
Good day to you, Mr. Morris.
最后 我想说
It only remains to say
希望你们能和我一样
that I hope you can see, as I can,
相信我们很有可能建立
the vast possibilities for building
世界上有史以来最伟大的
one of the grandest humanitarian institutions
人道主义机构
the world has ever seen
以救援世界各地的人们
for the relief of people everywhere.
巴顿小姐
Miss Barton,
如果海斯总统之前拒绝支持
if President Hayes declined to support the establishment
拉瑟福德·伯查德·海斯 美国第19任总统
设立美国红十字会
of an American Red Cross
加菲尔德总统也拒绝签字
and President Garfield never managed to sign either,
詹姆斯·艾伯拉姆·加菲尔德 美国第20任总统
你凭什么认为你现在能得到支持
what makes you think you can find support now?
恐怕一系列不幸事件已改变了华盛顿的局面
I'm afraid unfortunate events have altered things in Washington.
而且亚瑟总统可能更支持 对吗
And President Arthur may be more enthusiastic?
切斯特·A·亚瑟 美国第21任总统
有理由这样认为 是的
I have reason to believe so, yes.
这只是基本介绍
This has been an introduction only.
那个人是谁
Who's that man?
感谢你们耐心聆听
And I thank you for your courtesy.
如果想了解更多 请与我联♥系♥
If you would like to know more, then please keep in touch.
感谢巴顿小姐
Our thanks to Miss Barton,
我们的战地天使
our very own angel of the battlefield.
她已有卓越的成就
She has already achieved a great deal.
如今作为美国红十字会的负责人
And now at the head of the American Red Cross,
她注定会取得更多成就
she is destined to do a great deal more.
我能自我介绍一下吗
Might I present myself?
我想你是布鲁克小姐 艾达·布鲁克小姐吗
You are Miss Brook, I think. Miss Ada Brook?
是的 这是我侄女玛丽安·布鲁克小姐
I am. And this is my niece, Miss Marian Brook.
我是科尼利厄斯·埃克哈德三世
I am Cornelius Eckhard III.
我刚才就觉得是你
I thought it was you.
我已有多年没叫过你的名字了 艾达
I'm afraid it's been too many years for me to call you Ada?
但这太感人了
But this is too touching.
不是这样的
Oh, not really.
我们年轻时在宾夕法尼亚州就认识
We knew each other when we were young in Pennsylvania.
在生活让我们各奔东西之前
Before life drove us to the four corners of the Earth.
你在纽约住很久了吗
Have you been in New York for long?
没有 我住在康涅狄格州
No, I settled in Connecticut.
但现在 我在那里已没任何羁绊
But now I have nothing to hold me there.
所以我来到了纽约
So I came to the city.
你为什么来这个集♥会♥
What brings you to this gathering?
是对红十字会感兴趣吗
An interest in the Red Cross?
并不完全是 莫里斯夫人是我外甥女
Not entirely. Mrs. Morris is my niece.
当她说你会来这里时
And when she said you'd be here,
我想看看是否能重新唤起我们昔日的友情
I was tempted to see if we might revive an old friendship.
看来并不是太昔日
Not very old, surely.
你姐姐怎么样
How is your sister?
她现在怎么称呼
What--what is she called now?
她在大概四十年前嫁给了范莱茵先生
She married Mr. Van Rhijn almost 40 years ago.
请代我向她问好
Please give her my regards.
他必须来拜访我们 亲自问好
He must call on us and give them himself,
对吧 艾达姑姑
mustn't he, Aunt Ada?
再会 女士们
Ladies.
我们能请你参加慈善活动吗
Can we persuade you to the cause?
我会参加 但还是那句话
I am persuaded, but, once again,
如果巴顿小姐需要钱
if it's money Miss Barton needs,
我们为什么不邀请罗素夫人呢
why don't we ask Mrs. Russell?
别提那个名字
Don't speak that name.
阿斯特夫人在屋里时不要提
Perhaps not when Mrs. Astor's in the room.
莫里斯先生告诉我
Mr. Morris tells me
罗素先生可耻地羞辱了他
Mr. Russell has insulted him disgracefully.
什么 为什么
What? Why?
为什么 因为他不是位绅士 亲爱的
Why? Because he is not a gentleman, my dear,
正如我一直告诉你的那样
as I keep telling you.
事情也许有另一面
There may be another side to it.
你也太通情达理了
You are too reasonable to live.
我必须去照顾客人了
Now I must see to my guests.
但股价下跌他们怎么挣钱
But how will they make money when the stock falls?
相信我 他们会的
Trust me, they will.
股价下跌后 他们会再次买♥♥入
And when they have fallen, they'll buy them again,
重新通过法案 第三次大捞一笔
repass the law, make a third fortune,
并且偷走我的公♥司♥
and steal my company.
我很自责
I blame myself.
我放松了警惕
My guard was down.
-你不能反抗吗 -在法庭上不行
- Can't you fight it? - Not in court.
这不合法
It's not illegal.
一定有其他办法
There must be other ways.
如果我这么做 我们的大部分资产都将有风险
If I do, I will have to put a large part of our capital at risk.
那就这样吧
Very well.
你明白我在说什么吗
You understand what I'm saying?
我们可能失去这一切
All this may be lost.
这都是你赚来的
You've made it once.
你想的话还可以再赚回来
You can make it again if you have to.
有些时候 亲爱的
There are moments, my dear,
你真令人叹为观止
when you are quite marvelous.
没有彼此欣赏的话 也毫无价值
Useless, each without the other.
你要上楼换衣服吗
Are you going up to change?
是啊 你也该去换衣服了
I am. And so should you.
是这样 我想请你帮个忙
The thing is, I have a favor to ask.
你是说你想做什么
You mean you want something
却没问过你母亲
and you haven't asked your mother.
我的确记得埃克哈德一家
I do remember the Eckhards.
他们家有两个男孩和一个女孩
There were two boys and a girl.
我似乎记得他们
I seem to recall they sold up
在我来纽约后不久变卖♥♥了家产
not long after I'd left for New York.
他说话听起来像个旧相识
He talked like an old beau.
不过我当时就只是个小女孩
Well, you know, I was just a girl.
不管怎么说 埃克哈德没有钱
Anyway, Eckhard had no money,
所以爸爸不喜欢他
which did not endear him to Papa.
没有钱 也没有前途
No money and no prospects.
恐怕是这样
I'm afraid not.
真不知他现在想干什么
I wonder what he wants now.
他很孤独
He's lonely.
他刚到这个城市
He's just arrived in the city,
所以他希望找到一些老朋友
and he hopes to find some old friends.
所以一直以来 他都期盼再见到艾达吗
So all this time, he's dreamed of seeing Ada again?
没必要这么刻薄
There's no need to be unkind.
也许他是真的想见艾达姑姑
Maybe he has dreamed of seeing Aunt Ada.
这有什么不对呢
What's wrong with that?
奥斯卡 亲爱的 没想到你会回来
Oscar, dear, I didn't expect you.
我要和拉里·罗素一起吃晚餐
Oh, I'm dining with Larry Russell.
在哪
Where?
当然是在他父母家
At his parents' house, of course.
你说这些话时 就像在对我捅刀子
When you say those words, you stab me in the side.
那真是万幸 你的皮像犀牛一样厚
Then it's lucky you have the skin of a rhinoceros.
我们上楼换衣服吧 亲爱的
Shall we go up and get changed, dear?
你的女主人什么时候下楼
When will your mistress be down?
马上了 老爷
In a moment, sir.
还有什么事吗
Is there something else?
就是夫人似乎认为
Only that Madam seemed to suggest
这对您来说是个重要时刻
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表