剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
她在布鲁克林 能找到对象结婚生子
have her own family,
能从大门出入,不用走后门
and walk through front doors instead of the back entrances.
这我倒没想过
- I hadn't thought of that.
我知道佩姬很喜欢你
- I know Peggy is fond of you.
否则她也不会留在这里
She wouldn't stay here if she wasn't.
但家庭是上天的恩赐
But family is a precious gift.
不该与家人失和
It isn't right for us to be at odds.
我相信佩姬深爱父母
- I believe Peggy loves you very much, Mrs. Scott.
虽对往事无法释怀 但她很爱你们
The past won't let go of her, but she loves you.
谢谢你这番话,布鲁克小姐
- Bless you for saying so, Miss Brook.
母亲?
Mother?
还以为你不来了
- I thought you'd never get here.
我没来晚吧?
- I'm not late, am I?
我哪知道啊
- How should I know?
我成天只能躺在床上
I just lie in this bed all day.
你要的东西我带来了
- I brought your things.
还不就是那几样
- No surprises there, I'll bet.
你列了单子,我就照着买♥♥
You give me the list, I buy what you ask for.
若下周要我带别的,就写下来
If you want something different next week, write it down.
-对啦…… -史登堡先生还好吗?
- Yeah, yeah.
-对啦…… -史登堡先生还好吗?
- How's Mr. Sternberg? - I never see him.
我从没见着他
- How's Mr. Sternberg? - I never see him.
他回来就睡觉,睡醒就出门
When he gets here, he sleeps. When he wakes, he leaves.
但他每早都会去取水
- But he still fetches a bucket of water every morning.
他人真好
That's kind of him.
那算在他租约里
- It's part of his rent.
还不快点收拾
Hadn't you better get started?
明知我身子虚做不来
You know I'm too ill to manage.
别只顾着自己享乐
Or are you so taken up with enjoying yourself?
爱格伯母答应让你去?
- Will Aunt Agnes let you go?
只要我带她的秘书当监护人
- If I take her secretary as a chaperone.
有我还不够吗?
- Aren't I enough?
她信不过我的操守
She thinks I'm fast, doesn't she?
我就知道
I knew it.
至少她没阻止我去
- She's not trying to stop me going.
她特别厚爱史考特小姐
- She's been so generous to Miss Scott.
倒是令人讶异
Do you find it surprising?
她欣赏自立自强的人
- I think she admires people who help themselves.
即便是黑人?
- Even if they're colored?
她不在意人的肤色
- It doesn't seem to matter to her.
这点倒值得称许
- Well, good for Aunt Agnes.
我有事想请你帮忙
Now I have a favor.
我邀请罗素夫人来午宴 会见麦卡里斯特先生
I've invited Mrs. Russell here to lunch
我邀请罗素夫人来午宴 会见麦卡里斯特先生
to meet Mr. McAllister,
需要你来让场面更圆滑
and I need you to help me make it run smoothly.
-阿斯特夫人的心腹?-就是他
Mrs. Astor's Mr. McAllister? - The very one.
他愿意见罗素夫人吗?
- Does he want to meet Mrs. Russell?
幸运的话 他会对她的钱和房♥子感兴趣
- With any luck, he'll be curious
幸运的话 他会对她的钱和房♥子感兴趣
about her money and about her house.
她想在纽约上流社会立足
She's trying to find her feet in New York,
必须先过了麦卡里斯特这关
and I'm afraid he's the gatekeeper
必须先过了麦卡里斯特这关
she must pass to achieve it.
这就是他的角色?
- Is that his role?
他有如地狱三头犬龇牙狂吠
- He is Cerberus,
他有如地狱三头犬龇牙狂吠
snarling and growling to protect his Mystic Rose,
守护他的神秘玫瑰
snarling and growling to protect his Mystic Rose,
他如此称呼阿斯特夫人
as he likes to call her.
阿斯特夫人知情吗?
- Is Mrs. Astor aware of all this?
中听的话她就知情
- She is when it suits her.
她靠他来过滤新来者
She uses him to filter the new arrivals.
所以他的意见很重要了?
- Hmm. So Mr. McAllister's opinion is important?
这一切重要吗?
- Is any of it important?
不知你可否邀请瑞克斯先生?
I wonder if you'd invite Mr. Raikes.
瑞克斯先生?
- Mr. Raikes?
在歌♥剧院遇见的那位美男子?
Is he the handsome one we met at the Academy?
你要他来我就邀他
I'll ask him, if you like.
他不见得有空
- He may not be able to get away.
别担心,他会来的
- Don't worry. He'll come.
你怎么能确定?
- How can you be so sure?
我就说你也会来
- I'll tell him you'll be there.
那也叫午饭?
You call that lunch?
你不是想吃这些吗?
- I thought it was what you wanted.
活像是垃圾桶里捡来的
- It tasted like you found it in the garbage pail.
吃苹果派了吗?
- Did you try the pie?
搁在那儿,你想吃就拿去
- It's over there, if you want it.
母亲啊
- Oh, Mother.
又怎么啦?
- What's the matter?
来这里坐,我帮你铺床
- Come and sit over here while I make your bed.
你掐痛我了
You're pinching me!
奥劳拉邀罗素太太参加午宴?
- Aurora has invited Mrs. Russell to luncheon?
没错
- She has.
她还请了谁?
- And who else will be there?
刚踏上埃利斯岛的新移♥民♥?
The latest arrivals from Ellis Island?
我会去,麦卡里斯特先生也会去
- I'm going, and so is Mr. McAllister.
天啊
- Oh, dear.
二位也不喜欢他?
- Don't we approve of him either?
他一辈子都在吹捧或贬低他人
- He spends his life puffing people up or putting them down.
阿斯特夫人需要有人当副手
- Mrs. Astor needs her lieutenants.
您喜欢阿斯特夫人吗?
- Do you like Mrs. Astor?
这好比在问喜不喜欢雨天
- Hmm, that's like saying "do you like rain?"
既然避免不了,也只能面对
She is a fact of life that we must live with.
奥劳拉还请了谁?
Whom else has Aurora invited?
不多,我们也只是去帮忙圆场
- Not many. I'd say we're just there
不多,我们也只是去帮忙圆场
to take the edge off their meeting.
那女人有如打不死的蟑螂
- Really, that woman has the resilience of a cockroach.
要不要请约翰拿除虫药来呢?
- Dear me, should we send John to carry out some pest control?
可以的话就好咯
If only we could.
葛莱蒂小姐说 会找个贴身侍女服侍她
- Miss Gladys says they may take on a real lady's maid
葛莱蒂小姐说 会找个贴身侍女服侍她
to look after her.
那又怎样?
- And if they do?
我做一阵子了,也很喜欢服侍她
- I've been doing the job for a while now,
我做一阵子了,也很喜欢服侍她
and I've had no complaints.
你不过是家务女仆
- But you're only a housemaid.
透纳小姐,我从您身上学了很多
- I've learned so much from you, Miss Turner.
您若肯教我,我一定能胜任
I know I could do it after your teaching.
您若肯教我,我一定能胜任
I know it. - Wha...
什么?
I know it. - Wha...
别痴心妄想了
Don't be ridiculous.
你自认能胜任贴身侍女?
- You really think you could be a proper lady's maid?
一定可以的
- I know I could.
我模仿透纳小姐所有细节
I copy every detail of Miss Turner's work.
就像修道院的见习修女
I've studied her like a novice in a convent.
我敢说透纳小姐不是什么修女
- Miss Turner is no nun, I assure you.
葛莱蒂小姐,能跟您说句话吗?
Miss Gladys, may I have a word?
可以啊,进来吧
- Of course. Come in.
召唤雅德海进来前 先请教个事儿
- Before you ring for Adelheid, may I ask you something?
她希望成为您的贴身侍女
She would like to be considered
她希望成为您的贴身侍女
for the post of your lady's maid.
-我知道 -您赞成吗?
- I know.
-我知道 -您赞成吗?
- Do you approve of the idea?
只要别再找家教管我就好
- As long as I will have no more governesses.
母亲可能会嫌雅德海没经验 借此另寻一名家教
My mother may use Adelheid's inexperience
母亲可能会嫌雅德海没经验 借此另寻一名家教
as an excuse to hire a governess as well.
若不找家教,您中意雅德海吗?
- But if we can avoid that, you like the girl?
我很喜欢她
- Very much.
那就交给我来办
- Then I'll see what I can do.
你是第一个问我意见的人
- You are the first person to ask my opinion
关于我的大小事
on any decision concerning myself,
从来没人询问过我
any decision whatever.
原来你在这儿
- There you are.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表