剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我还有其他预约
Because I have another appointment.
所以你想说的是
So what you are saying is,
你宁愿浪费钱
you would rather waste a fortune
也不愿意出一个合适的价格买♥♥下已经在用的铁路
than pay an honest price for a line already operating?
我不认为这是浪费
But I do not see it as a waste.
大家一旦知道我的第二次出价
Once people learn that my second offer
就是我给出的最后一次机会
is invariably my last,
他们就懂规矩不会拒绝我了
they won't, as a rule, refuse me.
这些年 我积累下来的财富
Over the years, I expect to save a lot more money
比我花出去的要多
than I am spending now.
你个卑鄙小人
You bastard.
也许我是卑鄙 索伯恩先生
I may be a bastard, Mr. Thorburn,
但你是个蠢蛋
but you are a fool,
这两者之间 我很清楚自己更想当哪个
and of the two, I think I know which I prefer.
那么 再见 先生
Now, good day to you, sir.
你经常来纽波特吗 阿斯特小姐
Do you often come to Newport, Miss Astor?
我会经常来
I will.
我父母去年在这里的比奇伍德买♥♥了栋房♥子
My parents bought a house here last year, Beechwood.
他们快翻新完了
They've nearly finished the renovations,
所以我猜我会经常在这
so I suppose I'll be here a lot.
新房♥子要改造的地方多吗
Oh, was there much to do to the place?
很显然 我妈妈不能住在
Well, obviously, my mother couldn't live in a house
没有舞会大厅的房♥子
without a ballroom.
你可以笑
You may laugh,
但是我妈妈总是强调
but as my mother never tires of pointing out,
我们家在纽约能不能成功
our future success in New York
取决于阿斯特夫人是否支持与肯定
depends entirely on the support and approval of Mrs. Astor.
恐怕这是真的
I'm afraid it's true.
她很强势 -希望是好的强势
She is quite a force. - A force for good, I hope.
是备受认可的强势
Well, a force to be reckoned with.
管家刚刚在找你
The butler was looking for you.
已经找到我了 是我妈妈给我寄信来了
Ah, he found me. He had a letter from my mother.
她说 在我离开的这段时间 一位表妹
She wrote that a cousin has come to live with them
搬去跟她们住了 玛丽安·布鲁克小姐
while I've been away, Miss Marian Brook.
值得期待啊
So that is something to look forward to.
一位面如菜色
A dumpy spinster with a face like a cabbage
身材走样的老处♥女♥
and a figure to match.
我们要去用餐了 但是去之前
We're going into dinner, but before we do,
我先提醒你们 当你们回来的时候
I want to warn you that when you return,
会发现桌椅已经为纸牌游戏
you will find tables have been set up
准备好了 你们都得参与
for the game of Cinch, and you are all playing.
但是我们不会玩怎么办
But suppose we don't know how.
那就在晚餐的时候学
Then you will learn during dinner.
纸牌游戏 真的要玩吗
Cinch? Do we really have to?
肯定逃不了了
I'd say there's no escape.
很抱歉裙子坏了 -又不是你的错
I'm so sorry that got torn. - It wasn't your fault.
探亲怎么样了 -一般般
How was your excursion? - So-so.
还好她给我带了些衣服
At least she brought me some of my clothes.
这里的工人怎么样
What are the staff here like?
总体来说很友好 但也有那么一两个例外
Nice on the whole, with one or two exceptions.
我应该下来跟他们打个招呼的
I ought to go down and say hello.
是玛丽安吗
Marian?
玛丽安
Marian.
我决定在家里举办了
I've decided to give an at home.
什么意思 -你清楚得很
And what does that mean? - You know perfectly well.
我会寄出卡片 说我们某天的晚餐之后
I'll send cards saying we'll receive after dinner
欢迎大家来参观
on such and such an evening, and they're welcome to look in.
大家指的是谁
Who are they?
费恩夫人告诉我
Mrs. Fane was telling me
人们对我们的房♥子很好奇
how curious people are about the house.
他们想要我们捐款 贝莎
They want our money, Bertha.
这是做慈善 -我想一定是
It's a good cause. - I'm sure.
如果你想捐钱 我很高兴
And I'm glad if you'd like to donate,
但请不要欺骗自己
but please don't deceive yourself
认为他们对钱以外的东西感兴趣
that their interest in us is something more.
乔治 我们总得从什么地方着手
George, we have to start somewhere.
现在所有人都把范德比尔特夫人当做自己人了
Everyone calls on Mrs. Vanderbilt now.
她们会出席所有的聚会
They're seen everywhere.
跟这个有什么关系
What's that got to do with it?
他的祖父刚来纽约的时候
When his grandfather arrived in New York,
没人愿意靠近他
no one would go near him.
那是半个世纪以前了 你要说什么
That was half a century ago. What are you saying?
我们要这样保持50年
We have to keep this up for 50 years,
才会有人上门拜访吗
and then someone may drop by?
如今 事情发展得更快了 -真是欣慰
Things move faster nowadays. - That's a relief.
爸爸的意思应该是...
I think what father means is that we--
她们想参观这个房♥子
They want to see this house.
她们看着这房♥子拔地而起
They've watched it going up,
现在想看看里面的样子
and now they'd like to see inside.
这并不会让她们成为你的朋友
It doesn't make them your friends.
我又不是请她们来用餐或者参加舞会
I'm not asking them to dine or dance.
我不会用舞会厅的
I won't use the ballroom.
我留着以后用
I'll save that for another time.
我只是想请她们进来 我想她们
I just want them to look in, and I don't think
不会拒绝的
they'll be able to resist.
丘奇 请告诉布鲁斯太太
Church, please tell Mrs. Bruce.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
艾达小姐和玛丽安小姐在慈善活动
Is it true Miss Ada and Miss Marian
跟住在对面的罗素夫人见面了
met Mrs. Russell from across the road
是真的吗
at that charity event?
你怎么知道的
How do you know that?
我在街上碰到了他们家的随从
I saw one of their footmen in the street,
他在说这件事
and he was talking about it.
阿姆斯特朗小姐
Miss Armstrong?
我觉得我不该说
I don't think I should say.
千万别告诉我 你开始谨言慎行了
Don't tell me you're having a fit of discretion,
阿姆斯特朗小姐
Miss Armstrong.
我不明白 这很重要吗
I don't understand. Why does it matter?
如果范里安夫人知道就麻烦了
It'll matter when Mrs. Van Rhijn hears about it.
她迟早会让步的
Oh, she'll have to give in one day.
为什么
Why?
因为罗素先生那样的人
Well, because they own the future,
掌控着未来
men like Mr. Russell,
范里安夫人迟早会妥协的
and Mrs. Van Rhijn will have to come to terms with it
理性会战胜一切
sooner or later, stands to reason.
如果她不妥协你打算怎么做
What will you do if she doesn't?
我吗 应该什么都不做吧
Me? Nothing, I guess.
我明白了
Oh, I see.
你说的这么肯定 我以为你
You spoke so definitely, I thought you had
打算采取什么行动以表抗♥议♥
some course of action planned in protest.
没有 班尼斯特先生 -是的 记住不要做
No, Mr. Bannister. - No, and don't you forget it.
在家的范围是指什么
But what is the scale of this at home to be?
你可以明天和夫人讨论
You can talk it through with the mistress tomorrow.
如果她们来了 毫无疑问是来
If they come, it will only be out of curiosity
参观房♥子的
to see the house.
你为什么会这么说
What makes you say that?
主人很成功 不是吗
The master is successful, isn't he?
只有成功的时候人们才想认识你
People want to know you when you're a success.
失败的时候 他们只会背叛你
It's when you fail they turn their backs.
你听上去很愤世嫉俗 沃森先生
You sound rather bitter, Mr. Watson.
只是陈述实事
Oh, just stating the fact.
你有什么事瞒着我们吗
Are you keeping something from us?
没有 -算了 特纳小姐
No. - Come, Miss Turner.
没必要让他难堪
There is no need to put him on the spot.
我不需要保护 布鲁斯太太
I don't need protection, Mrs. Bruce,
谢谢
thank you.
我没什么可隐瞒的东西
I've nothing to hide.
如果这是真的
Well, if that is true,
你一定是一个不寻常的人
you must be a very unusual person.
欢迎回家 拉里先生
Welcome home, Mr. Larry.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表