剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
她已经打败你了
- She has already beaten you. - We'll see.
走着瞧
- She has already beaten you. - We'll see.
为了你好,劝你别跟她斗
- I hope for your sake that we won't.
莫里斯夫人先走了吗?
- Was Mrs. Morris not able to stay?
她得赶回纽约
- She had to get back to New York.
史考特小姐呢?
- And Miss Scott, where is she?
在她房♥里写文章
- In her room writing her article.
我很期待拜读
- I look forward to reading it.
恕我先离席,要搭早班车
- I should go up. I'm on the early train.
明晚还得宴客,我可不能迟到
I'm giving a dinner tomorrow evening
明晚还得宴客,我可不能迟到
I mustn't be late for.
谢谢您远道而来
- It was very good of you to come all this way,
以及慷慨解囊,太感谢您了
to say nothing of your amazing generosity.
以及慷慨解囊,太感谢您了
Thank you.
要谢就谢罗素先生 他很热心参与
- You should thank Mr. Russell.
要谢就谢罗素先生 他很热心参与
He's very anxious to be of service.
我打从心底感谢他
- I do thank him, most sincerely.
期待下回再见
- I look forward to our next meeting.
谨代安妮莫里斯向您致歉
- I'm sorry about Anne Morris.
我知道她和罗素家有恩怨
- I know about the quarrel, if that's what you mean.
请别尽信她对罗素夫人的评论
- You mustn't listen to everything she says
请别尽信她对罗素夫人的评论
about Mrs. Russell.
别当我是什么傻子
- Before you think me a simpleton,
我知道罗素夫人把慈善当成梯子
I'm well-aware
我知道罗素夫人把慈善当成梯子
that Mrs. Russell is using the charity ladder
-好登上纽约的上流圈 -这个嘛……
to climb into the ballrooms of New York.
我仍感谢她选我们当梯子
- Well... - I can still be grateful
我仍感谢她选我们当梯子
she chose my charity to be that ladder.
我同意
- I agree.
我想问一件事
- One thing I must ask...
你们认识钱柏林夫人吗?
Do any of you know Mrs. Chamberlain?
奥古斯都钱柏林的夫人
That is Mrs. Augustus Chamberlain.
不太认识
- Not really.
但知道她向来热心公益
She has been generous to charity in the past,
但知道她向来热心公益
I know, but we...
她的确不吝捐献善款
- If she wants, she can be very generous indeed.
我也很清楚她的名声
And I am fully aware of her reputation.
我与她见过几次面
- I've met her a few times.
能代为劝募吗?
- Could you interest her in my cause?
我可以试试看
- Could you interest her in my cause?
我可以试试看
- I can try.
这下爱格伯母不会原谅我
- Aunt Agnes would never forgive me.
救苦救难比安抚爱格姑妈 要重要多了
- Surely there's more at stake here
救苦救难比安抚爱格姑妈 要重要多了
than Aunt Agnes's smelling salts.
此话说得真好
- I couldn't put it better myself.
人们以为做公益的一定是傻子
- People think anyone who gives their life to charity
人们以为做公益的一定是傻子
must be a kind of holy fool, when she is anything but.
但她精明得很
must be a kind of holy fool, when she is anything but.
若想成功,得面面俱到
- To get things done these days,
若想成功,得面面俱到
you must know your way around.
-巴顿小姐是活生生的例子 -你也是,瑞克斯先生
Miss Barton is living proof.
-巴顿小姐是活生生的例子 -你也是,瑞克斯先生
- So are you, Mr. Raikes.
你在纽约如鱼得水 下周有何计划?
You know your way around New York.
你在纽约如鱼得水 下周有何计划?
What are you up to next week? - Not much.
没什么大事
What are you up to next week? - Not much.
周四要参加史岱文森舞会
I'm going to the Stuyvesant Ball
周四要参加史岱文森舞会
on Thursday.
你知道这种生活方式 总有尽头吧?
- You do realize
你知道这种生活方式 总有尽头吧?
that a lot of all of this may come to an end one day?
怎么了,你不看好我吗?
- What's the matter? Don't you think I'll do well?
我希望你成功,但需要花时间
- I'm counting on it, but it may take some time.
我们仍能受邀参加宴会
- We'd still be invited to parties.
我们?
- "We"? - Mm.
倘若你愿意委身于我
Just supposing you were to throw your lot in with me.
就算我愿意 也无法过上那种日子
- If I did, we couldn't hope to live as they live...
连边儿都构不上
or anything like.
八号♥房♥到了
Number eight. Here we are.
我大概只能道晚安了
- Well, I guess I must wish you good night.
难道你有别的想法?
- What else have you in mind?
我没勇气说出口
I'm not brave enough to say.
瑞克斯先生 这该不是你此行的目的吧?
- Mr. Raikes, don't tell me
瑞克斯先生 这该不是你此行的目的吧?
that is why you made the journey.
不全然是
- Not entirely.
你不可能有此念头吧?
- Not at all, surely?
总是能抱点希望
- A man can always hope.
不可以抱那种希望
- He cannot hope for that.
我冒犯你了吗?
- Have I offended you?
我感到很意外
- You've surprised me...
可以这么说
I grant you.
那再多来点意外吧
- Let me surprise you some more.
你没带钥匙吗,布鲁克小姐?
- Do you have your key, Miss Brook?
楼下有备用的,我可以去拿
There'll be a spare one downstairs
楼下有备用的,我可以去拿
if you'd like me to fetch it. - No, I have the key.
不用了,我有钥匙
if you'd like me to fetch it. - No, I have the key.
-晚安,瑞克斯先生 -晚安,布鲁克小姐
Good night, Mr. Raikes. - Good night, Miss Brook.
史考特小姐
Miss Scott.
你绝对想不到刚才发生什么事
- You cannot imagine the scene we have just played out.
我不用想,都看到了
- I don't have to. I watched it.
-你受了爱格姑妈指使?-不是
- On instruction from Aunt Agnes?
-你受了爱格姑妈指使?-不是
- No, but I thought you might need some help.
我想你可能要求救
- No, but I thought you might need some help.
看得出来
I know the signs.
你比我聪明,我完全没料到
- You're cleverer than I am. I didn't see it coming at all.
我比你有经验
- I have more experience than you.
什么意思啦
- What do you mean?
话不能只说一半
You can't leave it like that.
你曾有心仪对象?
Was there a man once?
你从不跟我说私事
You've never told me anything about your life.
他叫什么?
What was his name?
伊莱亚费恩
- Elias Finn.
我父亲药局的补货工人
He was a stock boy at my father's pharmacy.
他是我的初恋
I'd never been in love before.
他吻了你吗?
- And he kissed you?
他改变了我的人生
- He changed my life.
他现在人呢?
- Where is he now?
父母不赞同我们交往
- My parents didn't approve.
而你屈服了?
- And you gave in to them?
你知道我父亲
- You've met my father.
你也知道我姑妈
- And you've met my aunt.
在我们的结婚誓词里 记得别提你姑妈或我父亲
- Mm, I guess we should both remember
在我们的结婚誓词里 记得别提你姑妈或我父亲
that there will be no mention of your aunt or my father
在我们的结婚誓词里 记得别提你姑妈或我父亲
in our wedding vows.
-若结得了婚的话 -没错
When and if they happen.
-若结得了婚的话 -没错
- No.
他的吻该怎么说?
But about the kiss...
是对我的羞辱吗?
Should I be insulted?
若他以为你很轻浮就是
yes, if he thinks he can have you easily.
若你们两情相悦就不是
No, if he just wants you as much as you want him.
什么叫你的耳目?
- What do you mean, a spy?
她会把罗素家的一切向我报告
- She'll tell me all I need to know
她会把罗素家的一切向我报告
about what goes on in that house.
-为了钱 -我会付她钱
- For money?
-为了钱 -我会付她钱
- I will give her money, but I think she'll enjoy it.
我想她也乐在其中
- I will give her money, but I think she'll enjoy it.
我敢说她想报复主子们
I'd say she wants a little revenge on her employers.
图谋不轨的侍女 听上去像剧中人物
- The vengeful lady's maid...
图谋不轨的侍女 听上去像剧中人物
Sounds like a character in a melodrama.
或许吧,但我敢说
- Maybe, but I'll tell you this...
若她认为罗素夫妇不要我当女婿
If she suspects the Russells
若她认为罗素夫妇不要我当女婿
don't want me for their daughter,
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表