剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
混♥蛋♥
Bastards.
他们废除了法案
They've rescinded the law?
是的
Well, that's it.
纽约市不会有新的火车站了
There will be no new railroad station in New York City.
暂时不会
For now.
我们该怎么办
What are we going to do?
我们去收♥购♥
We buy.
收♥购♥
We buy?
收♥购♥公♥司♥在市面上流通的所有股份
Every piece of company stock that comes on the market.
而且这事不能让任何人知道
And not a soul is to hear about it.
做隐蔽些
Hide the purchases.
我暂时不想让他们查出是我买♥♥入的
I don't want them traced back to me, not yet.
安斯利小姐
Miss Ainsley.
你今早看着真精神 先生
You look well this morning, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
我现在和华盛顿
I feel as well as Washington
看到约克镇外的防御塔的心情一样
looking down at the redoubts outside Yorktown.
他知道大战将至了
He knew a great battle was coming.
而且是场必胜的大战
A great battle he would win.
他当时可不知道
He can't have known that.
但他知道这是场他能打赢的仗
But he knew it was a battle he could win.
真是意外之喜
What a wonderful surprise.
别担心 我不会待久
Don't worry, I'm not staying.
这就不太美妙了
Then it's a little less wonderful.
但请进来坐一会吧 好吗
But come in for a moment. Please?
你能让我们单独待会吗 斯科特小姐
Will you excuse us, Miss Scott?
-我们不该在这独处 -待一会而已
- We shouldn't be in here. - Just for a moment.
我真的不能久待
I can't stay, really.
我还有个午宴 和艾达姑姑见面
I'm meeting Aunt Ada at a luncheon party.
太遗憾了
My loss.
说起来
So...
我们上次见面后你都在忙些什么
what have you been doing since I last saw you?
你在纽约的这段时间过得还愉快吗
Are you enjoying your stay in New York?
这段时间还是我的新生活
My stay or my new life?
我很愿意对你知无不言
I'd love to tell you all about it,
但我想我不能去你姑姑家拜访你
but I suppose I can't call at your aunt's house.
我们约在戴尔莫尼科餐厅进午餐如何
What about luncheon at Delmonico's?
麦迪逊广场那间 不是百老汇那个
Madison Square, I mean, of course, not Broadway.
我不知道这两家有何区别 但不了
I don't know the difference, but no.
那一起喝咖啡如何
Well, what about coffee?
去哪
Where?
在一间舒适的酒店里
In some salubrious hotel.
圣克劳德酒店或者大都会酒店
The St. Cloud or the Metropolitan.
你已经对纽约了如指掌了
You know your way around already.
我学东西很快
I'm a quick learner.
我们当然不能在酒店里见面
Of course we can't meet in a hotel.
无论是喝咖啡还是做其他事
For coffee or anything else.
你看着不像是个被礼教束缚的人
You don't seem to me to be a person governed by petty rules.
束缚倒不一定
Not governed, I hope.
但我必须向其他人一样遵守规矩
But I must live in the same world as everyone else.
我们可以在麦迪逊广场偶遇
We could bump into each other in Madison Square.
-在自♥由♥之臂雕像旁边 -什么
- By Liberty's hand? - What?
拟议中的自♥由♥女神雕像的手臂
The hand from the proposed Statue of Liberty.
它于六年前被送到这里 为募集资金
It was sent over here six years ago to raise funds.
但很快它就会回法国了
But soon it's going back to France.
听起来是个我愿意看的东西
That sounds like something I would like to see.
那我们就来回走走 好好欣赏
Then we'll walk up and down and admire it.
那样还有谁会反对呢
Who'd object to that?
艾格妮丝姑姑
Aunt Agnes.
反正我会去的
I'll be there.
什么时候
When?
下周一
Next Monday.
五点钟
5:00.
你真够执着的 雷克斯先生
You are incorrigible, Mr. Raikes.
现在我得赶紧走了
And now I must fly.
斯科特小姐 进来吧
Miss Scott, come in.
我得说 你的怀疑无误
I must tell you I can confirm your suspicions,
即便我并不知道该如何解决其带来的问题
even if I have no answers for the questions they raise.
你看到发生了什么情况吗
Have you seen what's happening?
看到了 是真的 股票涨了
I have, and it's true. The stock has gone up.
这没道理啊
It makes no sense.
法律被撤回了 车站不会建了
The law's been reversed. The station won't be built.
-股票已经涨了... -不算太多
- And the stock has risen- - Not by much.
还没有涨太多
Not by much yet.
可本应一泻千里的股票
But they haven't even fallen a cent
一分钱都没跌
when they should have gone through the floor.
一定是罗素在背后搞鬼
Russell must be behind it.
一有人卖♥♥他就买♥♥进
Buying them as they come on the market.
大家都是这么说
That's what everyone's saying.
可这要赌上多少钱啊
But how much money would one man risk?
这家伙得有多少钱啊
How much money has one man got?
你说到点上了
And there you have it.
即便是乔治·罗素本人
Even George Russell himself
也只能维持住一天或者两天股价
can only hold up the crash for a day or two.
你确定吗
You're sure?
你做空了多少
How deeply are you in?
太多了 多到让我抬不起头了
So deep, I cannot see the sky.
我把所有身家都押上了
I bet all I have.
所以我不但会损失钱 还会失掉名下的一切
So I won't just lose the money. I'll lose everything I own.
没有那个法律 公♥司♥的股价就是哄抬虚高
Without the law, the company is ludicrously overpriced.
延缓股价的暴跌会吞噬他的所有财富
Delaying the fall will consume his fortune.
我祈祷你的判断正确
I hope to God you're right.
我说的肯定对
I must be right.
莫里斯
Morris.
你来干什么
What are you doing here?
我刚在查尔斯·费恩的办公室
Well, I've just left a meeting
开完会
at Charles Fane's office.
你...你听说乔治·罗素的
Have you, uh-have you heard the rumors
谣传了吗
about George Russell?
联合俱乐部有人说他破产了
They're saying at the Union that he's ruined
如果他还没有的话 那也快了
or if he isn't yet, he soon will be.
他想要保住公♥司♥的市值
He's trying to maintain the value of his company
只要有人卖♥♥出 他就全部买♥♥进
by buying all the shares as they come out.
他一旦放手不管
And when he lets them go,
股价就会跌得一塌糊涂
they'll crash through the floor,
并带走他所有财产
taking his fortune with him.
大家是这么说的
That's what they say.
我得走了 但...
I'd better run, but, uh,
我真是无法相信
I can't get over it.
乔治·罗素完蛋了
George Russell is finished.
老天保佑吧
Please, God.
你可回来了
Oh, there you are.
我担心你会吃不上午餐了呢
I was afraid you were going to miss your lunch.
不过还剩了些食物
But there's still some food left.
不用不高兴
No need to get upset.
不是因为那个 而是...
It's not that. It's--
怎么了
What?
你信里的事吗 是有人去世了吗
Something in your letter? Did someone die?
没有 没有
No, no.
那你要让我们好奇多久呢
Well, how long are you going to keep us in suspense?
是《基♥督♥教倡导者》出版商的来信
It's from the publisher of "The Christian Advocate."
他为什么给你写信
Why is he writing you?
他想约我见面
He wants to meet
谈谈刊登几篇我的短篇小说
to discuss publishing some of my short stories.
什么
What?
我认识的人里从没有谁在报纸上印过一个字
I've never known anyone who's had something published in the paper.
这和你有什么关系 你又不识字
Why should you care? You don't read.
-我勉强可以 -你太厉害了
- I get by. - This is very impressive.
你自己写的小说要出版了
One of your own stories in print.
别这么扫兴
Don't spoil it.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表