剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Yes.
但我没说曾嫁给他
- I didn't tell you that I was his wife.
还生了一个孩子
And the mother of our child.
你有小孩?
What? You have a child?
曾经有过
I had a child.
是个儿子
A son.
我甚至差点死于难产
In fact, I nearly died in childbirth.
等我醒过来时
But when I finally came round...
儿子已经夭折了
He was already dead.
后来父亲把我带回纽约
After that, my father took me back to New York.
你们当时不住这里?
So this didn't happen here?
没错
No.
我和伊莱亚在布鲁克林相恋
I met Elias in Brooklyn.
父亲不赞同我们交往
But my father didn't approve.
他嫌伊莱亚没前途,也没念过书
For him, Elias had no prospects and was uneducated.
既然说服不了他 我们只好搬到费城
So when I saw it was hopeless, we left for Philadelphia.
父亲找到我俩时 我已经结婚也怀了孕
By the time my father found us, I was married and pregnant.
你俩仍是夫妻吗?
Are you still married?
不是了
No.
我父亲逼伊莱亚签字 谎称他曾结过婚
My father bullied Elias into signing a paper
我父亲逼伊莱亚签字 谎称他曾结过婚
saying he'd been married before.
并找法官判我俩婚姻无效
Then he got a judge to declare our marriage void.
他为何要那么做 难道宁可你未婚生子?
Why would he do that?
他为何要那么做 难道宁可你未婚生子?
Did he really prefer you to be an unwed mother?
他大概没想清楚
Maybe he wasn't thinking straight.
反正他把我带回纽约 要我忘了这件事
Either way, he brought me home,
反正他把我带回纽约 要我忘了这件事
and I was told to forget it ever happened--
忘了我的亲生儿子
to forget my own child.
怎么忘得了啊
How could you?
我试过了
I tried.
大约过了一年多
For a year or more.
最后我决定回费城
But in the end, that's why I went back--
去找当初的产婆
to find the midwife.
我要查清楚儿子的事
I needed to know more about my boy.
听说她搬到多伊尔士镇
I was told she moved to Doylestown,
但那里也找不到她
but I couldn't find her there.
于是我到了火车站
So I went to the railway station.
遇见一位遗失车票的小姐
And I met a young lady who lost her ticket.
现在那位小姐 被我吓得魂不附体
And now I've shocked that same young lady out of her senses.
我不是惊吓
I'm not shocked.
而是难过
I'm sad.
无可言喻的难过
Much more than sad.
我明白你找瑞克斯先生的原因
And I understand why you needed Mr. Raikes.
他信里不可能 把你的过去全盘托出
But he can't have written all that in his letter.
他写得够明白了
He wrote enough.
信上说他也找不到那名产婆
It was to tell me
信上说他也找不到那名产婆
that he couldn't trace the midwife either.
阿姆斯壮小姐并不笨 八成会猜出含义
Miss Armstrong may be many things,
阿姆斯壮小姐并不笨 八成会猜出含义
but she's not stupid.
真希望你早点告诉我
I wish you'd said this sooner.
你现在能做的只有一件事
- There's only one thing to be done.
-就是告诉爱格姑妈 -什么?
You're going to tell Aunt Agnes.
-就是告诉爱格姑妈 -什么?
- What? When? - Tonight.
-何时?-今晚就说
- What? When? - Tonight.
不管阿姆斯壮是否已泄露你的事
We don't know if Armstrong has said anything yet.
爱格姑妈仍该听你亲口说
But either way, she has to hear it from you.
这表示我就得离开了
- So I suppose this is goodbye.
还不一定
We'll see.
-对不起 -葛莱蒂,你真神准
- Oh! I'm sorry. - Great game, Gladys.
其他人怎么不去打球?
- Why aren't the rest of you playing?
大概在享受阳光吧
- I expect they're enjoying the sun.
怎么大家开口闭口都在享受
- Nobody talks about anything else but enjoying themselves.
大家本来就是来享受的
- Isn't that what we're here for?
我就不是
- Not me.
费许夫人,是您特立独行
Dear Mrs. Fish, you're so contrary.
-尊夫没事吧,罗素夫人?-会有什么事?
- How's your husband doing, Mrs. Russell?
-尊夫没事吧,罗素夫人?-会有什么事?
I'm sorry?
他不是因火车事故受审吗?
- Aren't they putting him on trial
他不是因火车事故受审吗?
over that train crash?
所以才待在纽约
I thought that was why he stayed in New York.
若是的话,我就留下陪他了
- If it were, I would have stayed with him.
所以他没事罗?
- Oh, so he's not in trouble? - Not in the least.
完全没事 他忙着开会所以没来
- Oh, so he's not in trouble? - Not in the least.
完全没事 他忙着开会所以没来
But he has too many meetings to be able to join us.
他做事很仔细
- He likes to be thorough. - Oh, I see.
这样啊
- He likes to be thorough. - Oh, I see.
雷诺兹先生,帮我拿杯喝的
Mr. Reynolds, go and fetch me a drink...
我没搞砸吧?
Haven't bungled it, have I?
哪会呢,她只会更欣赏你
- Oh, no. She'll like you the more.
凡瑞恩先生和罗素小姐获胜
- Game to Mr. Van Rhijn and Miss Russell.
球技不错嘛
- I see you're well-practiced.
-罗素小姐打得很好 -不敢当
- Good game, Russell. - Hardly.
-好……谢谢 -不客气
- Excuse me. Oh, yes.
-好……谢谢 -不客气
- Thank you. - Thank you.
-好……谢谢 -不客气
Of course.
罗素夫人,令嫒球技真厉害
- Your daughter is wonderful at the game, Mrs. Russell.
我只会看,都是你在打
- Well, a wonderful audience. You hit all the balls.
凡瑞恩先生手脚很快
- Mr. Van Rhijn is very quick on his feet.
没办法,谁叫我爱赢呢
- What can I say? I like to win.
奥斯卡
Oscar.
亚当斯先生也来了
- Oh, Mr. Adams. - Who's this?
费许夫人好
- Hello, Mrs. Fish. Mrs. Fane.
芬恩夫人,麦卡里斯特先生
- Hello, Mrs. Fish. Mrs. Fane.
芬恩夫人,麦卡里斯特先生
Mr. McAllister. And...
-这位是……?-容我介绍约翰亚当斯先生
May I present Mr. John Adams?
这位是乔治罗素的夫人
This is Mrs. George Russell.
这是小犬赖瑞和小女葛莱蒂
- And my son Larry Russell, my daughter Gladys Russell.
我听奥斯卡提过你们
- I feel I know you both through Oscar.
他对你们赞不绝口
He speaks so highly of you.
你怎么来了?
What are you doing here?
惠特默家邀我留宿滨海城♥堡♥
- I'm staying with the Wetmores at Chateau-sur-Mer.
我致电费许夫人 家仆说你们都来赌场了
I called at Mrs. Fish's house, and they told me
我致电费许夫人 家仆说你们都来赌场了
you were all here at the casino.
罗素小姐对纽波特熟吗?
Do you know Newport well, Miss Russell?
完全不熟,第一次来
- No, not at all. It's our first visit.
你们晚餐有何计划?
- What are you doing for dinner?
你们是指哪些人?
To whom was that directed?
你和你的新客人
To you and your new people.
-不包括你,奥萝拉 -我没受邀?
- Not you, Aurora. - I'm not invited?
你又不是新面孔
You're not a new person.
你得带亚当斯先生一起来
You come and bring Mr. Adams with you.
他不是我的客人
He's not one of my party.
我欣赏他的态度
I like the cut of his jib.
亚当斯先生,一起吃个饭吧
Mr. Adams, what about dinner tonight?
惠特默夫人应该不介意
- I don't suppose Mrs. Wetmore would mind.
就这么说定了
Then that's settled.
您也同意吧,罗素夫人?
- I hope the plan is agreeable to you, Mrs. Russell.
别担心,她绝对同意
- Oh, it's agreeable. Don't you worry.
费许夫人所言甚是
- Mrs. Fish is quite right, of course.
你在打什么主意?
- What the hell do you think you're playing at?
我打算玩得开心一点
- I think I'm playing at having a lovely time.
罗素小姐,我来帮你
Dear Miss Russell, let me help you with that.
罗素先生,这边请
- Mr. Russell. - Good day, sir.
罗素先生,这边请
Right this way.
本庭不以个人的推论来判决
- I will make no judgement on what conclusions
本庭不以个人的推论来判决
I may have reached, as they are irrelevant.
因为那无关紧要
I may have reached, as they are irrelevant.
仅考量是否有足够证据
I must only consider whether or not
仅考量是否有足够证据
there is sufficient evidence for the matter to go forward
促使本案公开审讯
there is sufficient evidence for the matter to go forward
促使本案公开审讯
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表