剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
她也不想这么做 -不 她可想了
Nor would she want to. - Yes, she would.
也许她会 但我不会
Well, perhaps she would, but I would not.
我在楼下等你
I'll see you downstairs.
你不能把艾格尼丝想得那么坏
You mustn't think harshly of Agnes.
她的生活并不是一直一帆风顺
Her life has not always been easy.
她为什么这么恨我父亲
Why did she hate my father so?
他卖♥♥掉了我们家的农场
He sold our family farms.
他卖♥♥了我们出生的房♥子
He sold the house where we were born
我们在那里生活了一个半世纪
and where we had lived for a century and a half.
然后他把钱花光了
And then he just spent the money.
他一无所获 一无所有
He bought nothing. He saved nothing.
什么都没给我们这两个妹妹
He gave us, his sisters, nothing.
所以她觉得 他背叛了你们俩
So she felt he'd betrayed you both.
对她来说的确如此
That's how it was for her.
我们的父亲英年早逝
You see, our father had died quite young,
我们只能完全依靠亨利
and we depended on Henry entirely.
那时她还没有结婚吗
So she wasn't already married?
没有 不过他已经求婚了 所以她觉得
No, but he'd proposed, and so she felt
自己别无选择
she had no choice.
亨利让我们很失望 所以别无他法
Henry had let us down, and there was nothing for it
只能嫁给范里安先生
but to marry Mr. Van Rhijn.
不过他并不好相处
And he was not an easy man.
你一定不会喜欢
He was not a man
跟他单独相处的
you would like to be alone with.
我只要求你能给我们一个机会
All I ask is that you give us a chance.
我们并不是亨利向你描述的那个样子
We are not as Henry described us to you.
请你…
Please...
只要给我们一次机会
just give us a chance.
楼下都准备好了吗
Is everything ready downstairs?
他们都很兴奋 先生
They're all rather excited, sir.
从搬进来的那一刻起 我们就开始准备
Been waiting to entertain on a grand scale
迎接大批客人
since we got here.
前提是我们能请到大批客人
As long as we are entertaining on a grand scale.
把菊花拿走
Take out the chrysanthemums.
我特地嘱咐过 "不要菊花"
I said specifically, "No chrysanthemums."
是 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
他们什么时候开始在走道上铺地毯
When are they laying the carpet across the sidewalk?
他们正在铺 夫人
They're doing it now, madam.
博丹先生没有过激反应吧
And Monsieur Baudin isn't too hysterical?
嗯… -我们该吃晚餐了
Well... - We should start dinner.
你怎么不进去看看
Why don't you look in?
不必在那里待太久的
You needn't stay for long.
艾格尼丝姑妈会大发雷霆的
Aunt Agnes would have a fit.
有必要让她知道吗
Does she have to know?
我可以在楼下等你
I could wait downstairs
掩护你悄悄地溜回来
to make sure you can get back in.
我的同谋小伙伴
My fellow conspirator.
该请她们进来了
We must let them get in here.
你们清理一下 准备上晚餐
They need to clear away and start laying the supper.
父亲 没有你想要的雪茄和白兰地
No cigars and brandy for you, Father.
我们可以去吸烟室
We could go to the smoking room.
我能帮忙吗 母亲
Is there anything I can do, Mother?
去睡觉 -她已经不是孩子了
Go to bed. - She's not a child.
不用你整天提醒我
So you keep telling me.
没人会介意她还没有正式进入社交界
Well, no one will mind that she isn't officially out,
在自己家里肯定没问题
not in her own mother's house.
那她为什么还没进入社交界 她已经到年纪了
Why isn't she out, anyway? She ought to be.
她应该今年进入社交界
She should have made her debut this year.
我想在这里举办舞会 然后介绍她进入社交界
I wish to present her at a ball in this house,
不过 在确保有足够多的客人到场之前 我没法办舞会
and I'm not giving one until I know we can fill the rooms.
让她留下吧 亲爱的
Let he stay, my dear.
要是你们都反对我的话…
If you're all going to bully me--
我可以帮忙
I can help.
好吧 去换衣服吧
Oh, very well. Go and get changed.
丘奇 请她们进来 -是 夫人
Church, tell them to come in. - Very good, ma'am.
我想我可以上楼躺下了
I think I may go up and lie down.
我的头好疼
I've got rather a headache.
你不如早点睡吧
What about an early night?
我会看着办 你不介意吧
I'll see. You wouldn't mind?
当然不介意
Not at all.
玛丽安人呢
Where's Marian?
她头疼 上楼了
She's gone upstairs. She has a headache.
她之前问 你为什么这么讨厌亨利
She was asking earlier why you disliked Henry so.
你说了吗
Did you tell her?
说了 不过我并没有过分渲染
I did, but I tried not to make it too vivid.
有时候她跟他真的很像
She can be so like him at times.
讲话的口气都和亨利一模一样
She speaks and I hear Henry's voice,
跟亨利一样 质疑一切
challenging everything just as he did.
看看最后会怎么样吧
And look how that turned out.
可我喜欢她的坚定立场
Well, I like her strong views.
也喜欢她的活力
I like her energy.
别担心 艾格尼丝 她很聪明
Don't worry, Agnes, she's clever.
她会无师自通 -真的吗
She'll learn the rules. - Will she?
发动革命的都是聪明过人
Revolutions are launched by clever people
立场坚定 且充满活力的人
with strong views and excess energy.
谢谢 -布鲁克小姐 欢迎
Thank you. - Miss Brook, welcome.
这边请
If you'll come this way.
布鲁克小姐
Miss Brook.
布鲁克小姐 真高兴见到你
Miss Brook, what a nice surprise.
你姑妈也跟你一起来了吗
Are your aunts with you?
她们恐怕走不开
I'm afraid they couldn't get away.
看来你跟她们不一样
But you are made of sterner stuff.
拉里
Ah, Larry.
请允许我介绍我的儿子 拉里·罗素
May I present my son, Larry Russell.
这位是玛丽安·布鲁克小姐 你们是邻居
Miss Marian Brook. You're neighbors.
理应互相认识
You should know each other.
费恩夫人 -是的 谢谢
Mrs. Fane. - Oh, yes, thank you.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
我希望小狗能从惊吓中恢复过来
I hope the little dog recovered from its shock.
你是说它吓得不轻吧
His near demise, you mean.
别担心 它能承受住
Don't worry. He's very resilient.
看来我来早了 -并不早
I guess I'm a bit early. - I don't think so.
你看 布鲁克小姐 我父亲的财富
You see, Miss Brook, my father's dollars
并不是每次都能达到预期效果
do not always have the desired effect.
通常有用 但并不是次次有用
Usually, but not always.
你好像并不介意 -是不介意
You don't seem to mind much. - I don't.
这类事情应该顺其自然
These things should happen naturally.
我跟我母亲不同 我并不怎么相信
Unlike my dear mother, I'm not a big believer
外力的强烈干预
in forcing change.
看来我和她拥有的共同点比你我要多
Then I suspect she and I have more in common than we do.
你跟姑妈同住的生活怎么样
How are you enjoying living with your aunts?
她们接受我住下 我很感激
They've taken me in, so I should be grateful,
不过我们在很多问题上都意见分歧
but we seem to disagree on so many topics
我相信我们的关系最后还是会破裂
that I'm sure we'll come to blows in the end.
也许她们会影响你 你也会影响她们
Perhaps they'll educate you, you'll educate them,
你们可以找到折衷的办法
and you'll meet somewhere in the middle.
你好 布鲁克小姐 -你好 罗素小姐
Hello, Miss Brook. - Hello, Miss Russell.
你们见过吗
Have you met?
是的 不过请不要告诉我姑妈
Yes, but you mustn't tell my aunt.
费恩先生没跟你一起来吗
Is Mr. Fane not with you?
他很想来
He wanted to be very much,
不过他有成堆的公事要处理
but business has tied him to his desk.
还有莫里斯夫人 她对这幢房♥子很好奇
And Mrs. Morris, she was so curious about the house.
她很想来看看
How she longed to come.
不过她也走不开吗
But she couldn't get away either?
真是不好意思
Isn't it a shame?
一想起你们俩想从我这里
A real shame when you think
得到的支票 那就更不好意思了
of the check you both want from me.
我知道 不过我以为 只要我一个人来
I know, but I thought if I came alone
只待几分钟的话 那或许…
and just stayed a few minutes, then that might...
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表