剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
当然要了
Absolutely.
散步还愉快吗 -很好
Have you had a nice walk, dear? - I have.
您的行李箱修好了 我去把它拿回来
Your suitcase is mended. I brought it back myself.
好 -我放您房♥间了
Oh. - I've put it in your room.
你提着行李箱在路上走吗
You carried a suitcase through the streets?
这样也犯规了吗
Oh, have I broken another rule?
你确认修好之后
You were to check it was ready
让仆人拿回来就行
and then send the footman to collect it.
还有 绝不能单独外出
And never go out unaccompanied.
下次请不要再犯了
Please don't do such a thing again.
我先退下了
I should leave you.
斯科特小姐 我有个建议
Miss Scott, I've just had another thought.
很显然 我需要有人替我写信
Clearly, I'm in need of help with my correspondence.
不知道你有什么计划
I don't know what your plans are,
不过 如果你感兴趣的话
but if you're interested,
我想聘请你为我的秘书
I would like to hire you as my secretary.
我很乐意
That does interest me.
当然 你得找人寄推荐信给我
I would need a reference, of course.
我可以请学院校长寄给你
I can get you one from the principal at the institute.
但是工作在61街 家在布鲁克林
But working on 61st and staying in Brooklyn
即便是搭渡轮
presents a challenge,
来回也是不容易
even once the ferries are running.
在我看来 你似乎不是很想回家
It seems to me, Miss Scott, that you are not eager
斯科特小姐
to return home.
好吧
Very well.
你可以先住我这里
You may stay here for the time being,
但你得和你父母见个面
but you must arrange to see your parents
告诉他们一声
and tell them where you are.
你有他们的住址
You've got their address.
我不允许有家的人住我这里
I will not have a fugitive in my house
躲避自己的家人
hiding from her family.
好吧
All right.
你会去见你父母吧
You will make a plan to see them?
我会去见我母亲
I'll arrange to meet my mother.
我还以为你不想见他们
I thought you wanted to avoid them.
我不想见我父亲
I want to avoid him.
谢谢你 范里安夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Van Rhijn.
有个惊喜给你
Ah, we have a surprise for you.
专人送来的信
It came by hand.
费恩夫人是我丈夫的侄女
Mrs. Fane is a niece of my husband,
莫里斯夫人出身于史代文森家族
and Mrs. Morris was born a Stuyvesant,
所以这很适合
so we thought it suitable
开展你的慈善事业
for you to begin your charitable career.
训练孤女成为女仆
Training orphans to be servants?
以免她们沦为...你懂的
To save them from...something worse.
不必说这个
There's no need to go into that.
但收信人是你 不是我
But it's addressed to you, not me.
她们想让我们捐款 如果我们派人手援助
They want a donation from us, but they'll be delighted
她们会很乐意的
when we offer them a pair of willing hands.
到时候会有
There'll be other young women there
和你年纪相仿的人
your own age.
家室也相仿
And background.
很好
Very well.
你在找夫人吗
Are you looking for your mistress?
不是的 先生
No, no, not especially, sir.
我正要上楼
I'm just on my way upstairs.
谨言慎行 特纳小姐 我当你是朋友才说的
Tread carefully, Miss Turner. I speak as a friend.
是你小心过头了
You can tread too carefully.
罗素先生 你见过卡洛琳·阿斯特小姐吗
Mr. Russell, have you met Miss Caroline Astor?
见过几次
We've met a few times,
但不算认识
but we don't really know each other.
现在认识了 -来吧
We do now. - Come on.
你得来打球
You must play something.
但我们聊得正欢呢
But we're having such a nice time where we are.
你觉得我带你们来这
What makes you think I brought you here
是来聊天的吗
to have a nice time?
凯丽 来教罗素先生打门球
Carrie, make Mr. Russell play croquet.
是个人都会打门球 -但人家已经开始了
Any fool can play croquet. - But they've started the game.
那就加入进去 让他们重新开始
Well, barge in and make them start over.
威尔逊先生
Mr. Wilson.
费什夫人真是特立独行 对吧
Mrs. Fish is unusual, isn't she?
何止
To say the least.
我们拿几个球槌 站在一边
Let's just find some mallets, and then we can stand
不要惹人注目就好
at the edge of the lawn without attracting attention.
你怎么认识她的
How do you know her?
他侄子是我在哈佛的同学
Her nephew was at Harvard with me,
我也不知道她怎么会想与我交往
but as to why she took me up, it's anyone's guess.
会说话的英俊青年总归是好的
Handsome young men who talk are always useful.
我母亲说的
That's what my mother says.
女孩就该听母亲的话
And a girl should always listen to her mother.
范里安先生 我以为你不来了呢
Mr. Van Rhijn, I thought you weren't coming.
听说你在欧洲 -确实
I heard you were in Europe. - I was.
我刚回家
I've only just got home.
我还没告诉别人我回来了呢
I haven't told anyone I'm back yet,
后来想想 我怕什么呢
but then I thought, why the devil not?
这位是罗素先生 -我懂你说的
May I present Mr. Russell. - I know how you feel.
我刚从大学回来 刚出门还没一分钟
I came down from college, and I left minutes later,
就听见我母亲的声音
my mother practically calling
传遍了东61街
down East 61st Street as I went.
东61街的哪里
Where are you on East 61st?
我父母在第五大道的转角建了房♥子
My parents have built a house on the corner of Fifth Avenue.
他们刚搬进去 -我很清楚那地方
They just moved in. - But I know it well.
我母亲就住那对面
My mother lives almost opposite.
他们怎么想住得离市区这么远
Why did they choose to live so far uptown?
现在也不算远了
It's not as far up as it used to be,
他们想在第五大道买♥♥地建房♥
and they wanted a building plot on the Avenue.
我父母是乔治·罗素夫妇
My parents are Mr. And Mrs. George Russell.
可曾听令堂提起过
Has your mother spoken of them?
提过 但未曾谋面
Yes, but not as acquaintances.
你现在搬过去住了 -是 我们搬过去了
You've moved in, then. - I suppose we have.
我们
We?
我父亲 母亲 还有我妹妹
My father, my mother, and my sister.
听起来真温馨
How cozy that sounds.
我不懂他们为什么收留你
I don't understand why they have taken you in.
因为我帮了布鲁克小姐
I did Miss Brook a good turn.
你帮了她什么 -这不重要
What sort of good turn? - It doesn't matter.
我把你要的衣服带来了
I brought the clothes as you asked.
谢谢
Thank you.
接下来有何打算
So what's next?
我打算写文章或者故事
I sell an article or a story.
你父亲不会同意的
You know, your father thinks that will never happen.
这也是我不回家的原因之一
Which is just one of the many reasons why I can't come home.
你最终还是得原谅他的
Eventually, you have to forgive him.
他只是在保护你 -保护什么
He was just protecting you. - From what?
不让你因为选错了路
From a poor choice
而毁掉一生
that could have ruined your life.
反正我回到纽约了
Well, I'm back in New York anyway.
为什么选在这见面
Why did you choose this place?
我喜欢这里
I like it.
你什么时候回家
When will you come home?
我跟你说了 我有工作
I've told you, I have a job
也有了新的开始
and the fresh start that I need.
你知道吗 你跟你父亲一样固执
You know you get your stubbornness from your father?
我不想提起他
I don't want to talk about him.
他还是爱你的
He loves you,
他都是为了你好
and he only wants the best for you.
我知道他觉得是在为我好
I know he feels what he thinks is love,
但我不认为有多好
but I disagree with his definition.
或许他对你有些严苛
Maybe he can be hard and demanding,
但他真的是为了你的幸福着想
but he was only thinking of your welfare.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表