剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
-她应该就是这种感觉吧 -高兴点
- onto the flaming pyre. - Chin up.
气氛肯定会很尴尬
It'll be so awkward.
就算是 那也不是我们经历的第一次
If it is, it won't be the first awkward dinner
尴尬晚餐了
we've sat through.
想想你苏珊姨妈
Think of your Aunt Susan.
你就是喜欢揶揄我
Oh, you love to tease.
莫里斯先生夫人 欢迎
Mr. And Mrs. Morris, welcome.
你觉得我们该下跪吗
Do you think we should kneel?
你说什么
What's that?
莫里斯夫人刚刚在赞赏您的房♥子呢
Mrs. Morris was admiring your house.
我们还在布置呢
Oh, we're still trying to get organized.
请到客厅吧
Please, come into the drawing room.
罗素先生来了
Ah, here's Mr. Russell.
-莫里斯先生 -罗素先生
- Mr. Morris. - Mr. Russell.
义卖♥♥会在哪里举办
Where is the bazaar to be held?
在公园大道上新建的军械库里
In the new armory on Park Avenue.
太有意思了
How interesting.
是怀特先生建造的
Mr. White worked on that,
就是建这栋房♥子的人
the man who built this house.
19世纪美国建筑师
美国建筑学史上最著名的建筑师之一
美国建筑师学会和城市艺术协会创始人
作品包括大都会艺术博物馆 自♥由♥女神像基座等
你为什么没选理查德·莫里斯·亨特啊
Why didn't you choose Richard Morris Hunt?
大家期望我们选他 但我喜欢怀特先生
People expected us to, but I like Mr. White.
他感觉很无畏
He seems very unafraid.
在装饰方面他确实很大胆无畏
He is unafraid of decoration, certainly.
你们的房♥子是莫里斯·亨特建的吗
Did Morris Hunt build your house?
对 但是为亨利·洛弗尔一家建的
He did, but for the Henry Lowells,
所以我们躲过了建房♥子的痛苦
so we avoided the pangs of childbirth.
不过 如果房♥子不是为你而建
Still, it's harder to make it one's own, isn't it,
很难真正把它变为自己的吧
when it wasn't built for you?
-莫里斯·亨特是你们亲戚吗 -不是
- Is Morris Hunt a relation? - No.
也对 我想莫里斯是个很大众的姓氏
Oh, I suppose Morris is quite a common name.
这个太好吃了
This is really delicious.
我记不起有哪次比这顿饭吃得更好了
I can't remember when I've eaten better.
谢谢 我会转告博丹 他肯定会高兴
Thank you. I'll tell Baudin. He'll be delighted.
你厨师是法国人
Your chef is French?
眼下大家的厨师不都是吗
Isn't everyone's these days?
对我而言似乎太奢侈了
It seems quite a luxury to me.
我们感觉很值得
We feel it's worth it.
但总得考虑费用啊
Well, don't let's overlook the cost.
美味无比 这才最重要
Well, it's excellent, which is all that matters.
军械库里面都搞好了吗
Is the armory settled now?
朱特夫人相信会布置妥当
Mrs. Druett is sure it will be,
她丈夫在董事会里
and her husband is on the board.
如果有问题的话 你可以用这里的舞厅
If anything goes wrong, you can use the ballroom here.
晚饭后我们带你去看看
We'll show you after dinner.
-你计划要招待宾客了 -等时机成熟吧
- You plan entertain, then? - When the time is right.
恐怕一开始纽约会带来诸多挑战
I'm afraid New York can be quite challenging at first.
是吗
Can it?
我们倒没觉得 是吧 乔治
We haven't found it so. Have we, George?
没有什么挑战是你对付不了的 亲爱的
There is no challenge you are not equal to, my dear.
-你们什么时候开张迎客 -还没决定
- When will you christen it? - We haven't decided.
你们决定了要去军械库 现在后悔了吧
I expect you're rather sorry you settled on the armory.
我有事想与您商谈
There's something I'd like to talk to you about
如果我能把您从女士们这里借一步说话
if I could detach you from the ladies for a moment.
当然
Of course.
-我们先失陪 -这边走
- Please excuse us. - This way.
我希望你会来义卖♥♥
I hope you'll come to the bazaar.
我很遗憾没能参与其中
I'm rather sorry I couldn't be part of it.
这次慈善活动似乎难得的有意义
It seems a sensible cause for once.
我想是的
I think so.
好像两个慈善活动
It seems the two charities were covering
涉及的领域完全一样
exactly the same ground.
我的提议仍然有效
Well, the offer stands.
如果军械库不行 你们随时可以过来
If the armory falls through, you can always come here.
您真是太慷慨了 罗素夫人
That is very generous, Mrs. Russell.
我都有些希望能搬来这里了
I almost wish we would.
-赌钱 -主要是纸牌
- Gambling? - It's mainly cards.
街头的赌局 谁都可以来
Street games where anyone can play
只要身上有几分钱就行
if they only have a few nickels.
警♥察♥为什么会允许
Why do the police allow it?
恐怕他们不仅仅是允许吧
I'd say they do more than allow it.
她输了多少
How much did she lose?
每次她想说出金额 眼泪就出来了
Every time she tried to say the sum, the tears came.
布丽姬特在储物柜里找到点白兰地安抚她
Bridget found some brandy in the store cupboard.
她最后说了吗
Did she tell you in the end?
大概五十美元
About $50.
-所以她才哭泣 -五十美元
- That's why she was crying. - $50?
她的债主不会善罢甘休
The men she owes will not be kind.
对 我亲眼见识过
No. I've seen that for myself.
我们不能帮帮她吗
Can't we help her?
楼下的仆人都特别喜欢她
They like her so much downstairs,
而且我也不愿见她被解雇
and I'd hate to see her sacked.
让我想想
Let me think.
别忘了我们明天的会面
And don't forget our appointment tomorrow.
你会怎么和两位姑姑说
What will you tell your aunts?
我会说我要出去散散步
I'll say I'm going for a walk
并且邀请了你来陪着我
and that I've asked you to accompany me.
你不介意对她们说谎吗
And you don't mind lying to them?
别这么说
Don't put it like that.
我只是...
I'm just...
想过自己的生活
trying to live my life.
斯科特小姐 你现在不该做那个
Miss Scott, you shouldn't be doing that now.
太晚了
It's far too late.
不要让玛丽安小姐打扰你
And don't let Miss Marian distract you.
今晚的我已经完成
I've finished for the night.
明天我要你看一下这些
Tomorrow I want you to go through these.
来自于各种部长
Letters from assorted presidents,
国务卿 需要资助的艺术家等等的信
secretaries of state, artists in need of a patron,
那类书信
that sort of thing.
太有意思了
How interesting.
要是奥斯卡先生也这么想就好了
If only Mr. Oscar agreed with you.
我知道您是冒险给了我这个机会 范莱茵夫人
I do know you've taken a chance on me, Mrs. Van Rhijn.
我非常感激
And I appreciate it.
生活教会了我一件事 斯科特小姐
Life has taught me one thing, Miss Scott.
如果你不想被人辜负
If you don't want to be disappointed,
那就只去帮助那些自助者
only help those who help themselves.
我去睡了
And now I'm going to bed.
所以又会有一条
So there'll be another line
纽约到芝加哥的直达线路
direct from New York to Chicago.
对 过宾夕法尼亚州
That's it. Through Pennsylvania.
沿伊利湖南岸
Along the south shore of Lake Erie.
一路从俄亥俄和印第安纳州向北
Across northing Ohio and Indiana
直到芝加哥和圣路易斯
and on to Chicago and St. Louis.
那这区域上现有的铁路呢
What about the railroads that already cover the area?
我们可以搞定他们
We can manage those.
你想在城里修建一座新火车站
And you want to build a new station in the city?
这就需要你的帮忙了
Which is where you come in.
即便我可以说服我的议员同僚们
Even if I were able to persuade my fellow aldermen
通过法案
to pass the law,
我不明白...
I don't quite see--
这么做有何意义
well, not to put too fine a point on it.
你是指这对他们有什么好处
You mean what's in it for them?
如果你们现在买♥♥入公♥司♥股票
Any shares you buy in the company now
法案通过以后都会涨翻天的
should go sky-high when the bill is passed.
但对我们部分人来说筹集这么大一笔钱
But suppose it would be hard for some of us
可不容易
to raise the money.
我想你们都有保证金账户吧
I imagine you have a margin account.
他们多数人应该都有
Surely most of them do.
你是希望我们先用保证金买♥♥入股票
You mean we should buy shares now on margin
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表