剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
因为你想学建筑?
Is this over architecture?
你怎么知道?
How did you know?
那天在怀特先生办公室前 听你说的
Because you told me.
那天在怀特先生办公室前 听你说的
That day outside Mr. White's office.
给你父亲一点时间
You must give your father time.
他很爱你,不愿与你失和
He loves you. He won't want to fall out.
我父亲的爱是有条件的
When my father loves, Miss Brook, there is a price to be paid.
就是不能辜负他的期望
You cannot deviate from his ambitions.
我们母子三人 都要按照他规划的路走
Mother, me, Gladys, we must all keep to the steps he has laid down.
人生苦短,罗素先生
You have one life, Mr. Russell.
一旦走错路得花好几年来补救
If you take the wrong path
一旦走错路得花好几年来补救
you will pay the price for many years.
我得带南瓜回家了
And now I must escort Pumpkin home.
夫人要在9月4日举办派对
The mistress is getting up a party for September 4th
庆祝爱迪生先生点灯
when Mr. Edison turns on his electric lights.
爱迪生有啥了不起的?
Why the fuss about Mr. Edison?
人类早在一百年前就知道电
We've known about electricity for a hundred years
打雷闪电自古以来不足为奇
and there have been electric storms for centuries.
爱迪生先生掌控了电力
But Mr. Edison has tamed it, Miss Turner.
爱迪生先生掌控了电力
He has mastered it. He knows how to make it
他知道如何发电,蓄电和用电 为人类生活带来便利
He has mastered it. He knows how to make it
他知道如何发电,蓄电和用电 为人类生活带来便利
how to store it, how to use it, for our benefit.
-我认为是好事 -是吗?
- I think it's exciting. - Is it?
一旦开始用电 半数人会丢了差事
When electricity comes, half our jobs go up in smoke.
没多久煮饭洗衣都靠电力来做
Cooking, cleaning
没多久煮饭洗衣都靠电力来做
it'll all be done with electricity before you know it.
夫人想怎么办点灯派对?
What is the mistress planning for the night when the lights are turned on?
规模不大,也不在家举♥行♥
Not a large party and not here. It's more of a picnic.
比较像是野餐
Not a large party and not here. It's more of a picnic.
共八人分乘两辆马车 其中一辆用租的
Eight people, four in the landau, four in another rented carriage.
宾客七点在此集♥合♥前往公园路
They'll meet here at 7.00 and drive to Park Row.
在马车内用餐,以便占得好位置
They'll dine in the carriages to make sure of a good place
十点再去纽时大楼看爱迪生点灯
and watch Edison illuminate the Times building at 10.00.
谁去服侍他们?
Who will they get to serve?
派两名男仆当导马伕,没问题的
Two of the footmen can go as postilions. They'll manage.
不知她这次魔爪伸向哪些人
I wonder who she's planning to hook in to her scheme.
一定有芬恩夫妇
The Fanes will be there
我猜她一定会再找麦卡里斯特
but I think she'll try for Mr. McAllister, again
最好人家想跟她一起公开露面
if she can persuade him to be seen with her in public.
我倒认为他希望众所周知
I'm sure he'd be very glad to be seen with her in public.
你自己也不信那番话吧?
Even you don't believe that, Mrs. Bruce.
但为了吃好菜和占好位置 他会忍♥耐一下就是了
But he may tolerate it for the sake of a good dinner
但为了吃好菜和占好位置 他会忍♥耐一下就是了
and a decent seat for the display.
请别再口出恶言,透纳小姐
Please give us a rest from your nastiness, Miss Turner.
说啥呢,我没听见啊
What's that, Mr. Church?
我的天啊
My golly.
我们可以在这里练舞
I thought we might practice in here.
在这里排演歌♥剧阿依达 都绰绰有余
We could rehearse a new production of Aida in here
在这里排演歌♥剧阿依达 都绰绰有余
and still have plenty of room to spare.
只是还要多找些人来
The thing is, I assume we need some more people?
再找六人来跳方舞
Six more, for a quadrille.
还要二女四男,不用担心
Two more girls and four men. But don't worry.
安琪拉斯凯莫宏是我表亲 她就喜欢跳舞
Angela Schermerhorn loves dancing and she's a cousin of mine.
还有莎莉德瑞索
And Sally Drexel.
再找几个年轻男生不成问题
And I can easily round up a few young men.
要不要找奥姆威尔森?
Maybe we could ask Orme Wilson.
你母亲为何那么反对他?
Why is your mother so dead set against him?
报纸社交版上尽是他的家人
Judging by the society pages, his family goes everywhere.
问题就在这里 她觉得他们盛气凌人
That's the problem. She thinks them pushy.
据传他父亲靠战争发财
The father was a war profiteer, so they say
姐姐则嫁给全美巨富奥顿葛莱
and his sister has married Ogden Goelet
姐姐则嫁给全美巨富奥顿葛莱
one of the richest men in America.
人们都说她钓到金龟婿
Of course, everyone thinks he's been caught.
你母亲认为 威尔森先生别有用心?
So your mother doesn't trust Mr. Wilson's motives?
-说好听点是这样 -但你相信他?
To put it mildly.
-说好听点是这样 -但你相信他?
- But you do. - To put it mildly.
-说好听点是这样 -那一定得找他来练舞
In that case, we'll definitely have him as one of our dancers.
得通知这些人确切舞会日期
We need to be able to tell anyone we ask when the ball is happening.
得通知这些人确切舞会日期
Then we'd better call it off.
那还是算了吧
Then we'd better call it off.
为何这么说?
Why do you say that?
因为你不愿定下日期
Because you won't set a date.
每次问你都拒答
Every time I ask, you refuse.
那是房♥子还没整顿好 现在可以了
That was before the house was ready. Now it is.
我去问麦卡里斯特先生何时有空
I'll write to Mr. McAllister to find a date that's free.
别挑他忙的日子
We don't want to be in competition.
您怎么突然想通了?
What's changed, Mother?
怎么说得一副你成年了 我刻意不让你办面世舞会似的
Why are you talking as if I meant you to be the first debutante in the city
怎么说得一副你成年了 我刻意不让你办面世舞会似的
who never made her debut?
我会找琴师来伴奏
We'll get a pianist in for your practice
麻烦你找舞蹈老师
and perhaps you have the name of a dancing instructor?
没问题
Of course.
至于那几位跳方舞的先生小姐
The men and girls who will join in your quadrille
需否该征求他们父母同意?
should I ask their parents if they mind?
不必了,大家都喜欢葛莱蒂
Oh, no. They'll all love Gladys
也很想进贵府看看 大家都想看
and they're dying to see inside this house.
也很想进贵府看看 大家都想看
Everyone is.
那我就邀请家长来舞会 欣赏子女的表演
Well, I'll ask them to the ball
那我就邀请家长来舞会 欣赏子女的表演
so they can watch their children perform.
请他们务必赏光
They mustn't miss that.
二位,首先我想请教
Gentlemen, I suppose my first question is
有人看过迪克森所言 我寄给他的信吗?
have you seen the paper that Mr. Dixon says I sent him?
-布兰德先生?-我看过
- Mr. Brand? - I've seen it.
看来似乎是真迹
I'm afraid it appears genuine.
我们会请专家鉴定笔迹
We'll have a handwriting expert examine it, of course
但作用似乎不大
but we can't expect too much from that.
上面究竟写了什么?
What does it say exactly?
价格过高 要找便宜替代方案
"The price is ridiculous.
价格过高 要找便宜替代方案
Find a cheaper option.
用什么方法我不管
I don't care what it takes or how you do it."
然后是你的签名
Followed by your signature.
他说信封掉了 但无损于佐证力道
He's lost the envelope but that won't help us.
确实像我会说的话
It certainly sounds like me.
能跟他当面对质吗?
Can we confront this Dixon?
在初步聆讯上就会见到他
There'll be a preliminary hearing. We'll face him there.
我们当初付了全额
But didn't we pay the full price?
我们当初付了全额
What happened to the money, Mr. Lewis?
钱到哪儿去了,路易斯先生?
What happened to the money, Mr. Lewis?
迪克森说估价未经他核准 就呈报支付了
Dixon claims the estimate was submitted for payment
迪克森说估价未经他核准 就呈报支付了
without his knowledge.
-钱的下落呢?-不见了
- So where is the money now? - Missing.
但追查不到进了他的口袋
But not traceable to him, unfortunately.
这对罗素先生有利吧?
Doesn't that strengthen Mr. Russell's case?
得看聆讯时法官相信谁的说法
It depends whom the judge chooses to believe at the hearing.
若相信罗素先生 则迪克森就成为被告
If he believes Mr. Russell, then Dixon will go forward for trial
并传唤罗素先生为证人
and Mr. Russell will only be called as a witness.
-万一法官信了迪克森呢?-罗素先生将面临过失杀人罪
But if he believes Dixon?
-万一法官信了迪克森呢?-罗素先生将面临过失杀人罪
Then Mr. Russell may be charged with manslaughter by negligence.
那样就不妙了
That is very pessimistic.
罗素先生必须做最坏的打算
Mr. Russell should be ready for the worst.
放心好了
Believe me...
罗素先生总是做好最坏的打算
Mr. Russell is always ready for the worst.
奥斯卡表哥
Cousin Oscar!
发生什么事了?
Is everything all right?
奥斯卡回去了
Oscar's gone.
他在生我的气,但气得没道理
He's angry with me. But he has no right to be.
该气的人是我
I'm the one to be angry.
发生什么事了?
Why? What's happened?
奥斯卡做了不名誉的事
Oscar has disgraced himself.
对象是罗素夫人的侍女
With Mrs. Russell's maid.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表