剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
过来 嘿
Come on. Hyah.
快点
Come on, come on.
把这些行李拿到... -喔
Take those packages to-- - Whoa.
轻拿轻放 这些是易碎品
Careful with those. They're fragile.
慢点走
Go slow!
把那件给普鲁先生 -这边走
Give that to Mr. Prue. - This way, this way.
把它抬起来 -务必小心
Hoisting it up! - Careful, careful!
好了 -我们走吧
Okay! - Let's go! Let's go!
我们还要回去再装一次行李
We're gonna go back for another load!
早上好 格里芬先生
Morning, Mr. Griffin.
他们终于要搬进来了
They're moving in at last, then.
看样子是的 -啊 恐怕是坏消息
Looks like it. - Ah, bad news, I'm afraid.
他们这年纪 每周都要收到坏消息
They're old. They get bad news every week.
你是个好管家 -我来搞定
You're all heart. - I got it!
我拿到了
I got it!
又来了一封 -噢 老天
Looks like another one. - Oh, dear.
我想知道这次轮到谁了
I wonder who that is now.
这些信件交给我吧 辛苦了 约翰
I'll take those. Thank you, John.
干嘛不让阿姆斯特朗小姐把它们带上去呢
Why not let Miss Armstrong carry them up?
至少这一封
Or that one at least.
感谢提醒 鲍尔太太
Thank you, Mrs. Bauer,
不过我很清楚自己在做什么
but I think I know what I'm doing.
这些人恐怕没有哪个
I'm afraid none of them
是值得被打印在这些报纸上的
are worth the paper they're printed on.
但可以肯定的是 随着铁路在全国范围内的铺设
But surely with the railroad spreading all over the country.
每天 这些报纸都要报道一些
Every day, the papers talk of some new millionaire
通过铁路发家致富的有钱人们
who's made his fortune out of railways.
而且每天 破产法庭都会
And every day, the bankruptcy courts
宣判铁路公♥司♥倒闭
see rail companies go under,
连带着把铁路所有者和投资者一起拉下水
taking their owners and investors down with them.
布鲁克小姐 明摆着的事实是
Miss Brook, the plain fact is,
我已经调查了已故的布鲁克先生的遗产
I've looked into the estate of the late Mr. Brook.
已故的布鲁克将军
The late General Brook.
已故的布鲁克将军 并且我找不到任何
The late General Brook, and I cannot find any assets
他银行账号♥之外的资产
beyond the contents of his bank account.
那房♥子呢
And the house.
房♥子是租的 布鲁克小姐
The house is rented, Miss Brook.
肯定不是这样的
I'm sure that's wrong.
恐怕确实是这样
No, I'm afraid not.
但我父亲总是说...
But my father always said--
我明白了
I see.
还剩下多少资产
So how much is left?
我已经支付了葬礼费用和其他未付款项
I've paid the funeral charges and other outstanding accounts,
我不会再收取我自己的佣金
and I will waive my own fee.
您没必要这样 -很有必要
There's no need. - There is every need.
您将会继承的遗产总值
You will have in your possession
大约是30美元
somewhere in the region of $30.
这样说吧 雷克斯先生 这完全
You see, Mr. Raikes, none of this
和我父亲告诉我的不一样
is what my father told me.
但我收集到的信息就这样
So I gathered.
您要怎么做 -我不确定
What are you going to do? - I'm not sure.
您提到过您父亲的姐♥妹♥们♥在纽约
You mentioned your father's sisters in New York.
我的姑妈们和我父亲的关系
My aunts were not on good terms
都不太好 雷克斯先生
with my father, Mr. Raikes.
她们不喜欢我父亲 我父亲也不喜欢她们
They disliked him, and he disliked them,
所以她们在我的人生中没什么存在感
so they have played no part in my life.
我只想请您现实地考虑一下
I would only ask you to consider your options,
您的选择
realistically.
你的意思是 乞丐就不要挑三拣四了吗
You mean beggars can't be choosers?
房♥租只付到了这个月底
Well, the rent is paid to the end of the month.
或许您需要在月底之前
Perhaps you will signal your intentions
确定自己之后的去向
before that point is reached?
或许我会的 谢谢您
Perhaps I will. Thank you.
抱歉我无法提供更多帮助
I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.
别担心 雷克斯先生 我还没有认命
Don't worry, Mr. Raikes, I'm not beaten yet.
冒着无礼的风险 布鲁克小姐
At the risk of impertinence, I would say
我想说 您离认命还很远
you're a long way from being beaten, Miss Brook.
她怎么说
What does she say?
她说谢谢你写信过来
She thanks you for the letter
那封信你没给我看过
that you did not show me
也谢谢你给她买♥♥的车票
and for the tickets that you purchased
这你也没跟我商量过
without my knowledge.
等到她房♥租到期
She means to join us here
家具都处置妥当了
just as soon as she has closed the house
她就搬过来和我们一起住
and sold her furniture.
噢 这真让我松口气 -松口气
Oh, what a relief. - A relief?
谁来负担她的生活费用呢
And who is to support her?
当然了 我
Exactly. Me.
用范里安家族的钱
With the Van Rhijn money,
我花了好大一番功夫才得到这些钱
which was not achieved at no cost to myself.
你能够过这种
You were allowed
平静安逸的独身生活
the pure and tranquil life of a spinster.
我不能
I was not.
我心存感激 -你确实应该感激我
I'm very grateful. - So you should be.
好吧 我很高兴她能来
Well, I'm glad she's coming.
如果我的信帮助她做了决定
And if my letter played a part in her decision,
我很庆幸我寄了这封信
then I'm glad I sent it.
我看不一定是因为你这封信
I doubt it was your letter.
更可能的是 她发现她父亲
More likely, she has discovered her father left her
一分钱也没有留给她
without a penny to her name.
亨利连一条流浪狗都施舍不起
Henry couldn't provide for a dog in a ditch.
只要方圆八百公里之内有女人或者有酒
He never kept a dollar in his pocket
他就一分钱都存不下来
if there were women or drink within 500 miles.
艾格尼丝 我们的哥哥已经去世了
Agnes, our brother has died.
我们这个哥哥
Our brother with whom
这么多年了和我们一点交集都没有
we have had no connection these many years.
无论如何我们本来至少应该出席葬礼的
We should have gone for the funeral anyway.
不值得为了确认亨利去世的消息
It wasn't worth an uncomfortable day of travel
去忍♥受一整天的长途跋涉
to make sure Henry was dead.
至少多伊尔斯敦那边现在有火车站了
At least there's a railway station
交通不像我们当年那么困难
in Doylestown now, unlike in our day,
但她需要起的很早
but she'll need to get up early
才能赶上第一班来兰斯代尔的火车
to catch the first train to Lansdale,
还要在伯利恒换乘
and then she'll have to change at Bethlehem
到利哈伊谷的铁路线
and take the Lehigh Valley Railroad
一直坐到泽熙市的交通枢纽
to Exchange Place in Jersey City,
再乘渡轮跨过哈德逊河
and then catch the ferry across the Hudson
到德布罗塞斯街
to Desbrosses Street.
从那边再乘高架火车...
From there, she could take an elevated train--
你是要开旅行公♥司♥吗
Are you planning to open a travel business?
不是
No.
那你为什么觉得我想听这些
Then what on Earth makes you think I would be interested?
我只是想说 这段旅程♥真♥的是很长 艾格尼丝
I only meant it's a long journey, Agnes.
至少要12个小时
12 hours or more.
那既然她已经在前来打扰
And what are we to do with her
我们宁静生活的路上了 我们该拿她怎么办
now that she's on her way to disturb our peace?
既然她父亲一分钱也没给她留
Perhaps she'd like to work.
或许她会愿意工作
If her father has left her penniless,
或许她可以做家庭教师
maybe she could be a governess.
你是说让我的侄女去做家庭教师吗 -她也是我的侄女
A niece of mine a governess? - She's my niece too.
我可没见过你自告奋勇
I've not noticed you volunteering
做家庭教师 为这个家
to make a contribution to the household
做出一点贡献
as a governess.
我们是她唯一的亲人了
We are her only living relatives.
我们有义务照顾她
We owe her the duty of care.
我们什么义务都没有
We do not owe her anything.
她父亲把我们所有的财产全都卷走了
Her father robbed us of all that we possessed.
瞧瞧这些
Look at this.
请柬 慈善募捐
Invitations, charity appeals,
银行家和中介们的问题
questions from bankers and brokers.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表