剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
明天你跟艾达去找我的裁缝
You will go tomorrow with Ada to my dressmaker,
不要黑色
and no black.
可是我还在服丧
But I'm in mourning.
这里的人不会知道亨利已经去世了
People here won't know when Henry died.
你就要在社交场初次亮相了
You're making your debut in society.
你年轻貌美
You are young and pretty
得好好展现才行
and need to be shown to advantage.
我不想你像只孤独的乌鸦一样
I don't want you hanging about on the edge of things
游离于社交圈外
like a lonely crow.
艾达 不管她怎么说
Ada, remember,
记得挑个亮丽的颜色
I want cheerful colors, whatever she says.
但是...
But--
我们得留意下
We must look out for some people
那些子女年纪和你相仿的人
with sons and daughters your age.
确实 我在这人生地不熟的
That's true. I don't know anyone.
现在 你要知道
Now, you need to know we only receive
这个家只跟老贵族打交道
the old people in this house,
不结交那些新贵
not the new.
绝不结交新贵 -有什么区别
Never the new. - What's the difference?
独♥立♥革命之前老贵族就已经确立了地位
The old have been in charge since before the revolution.
直到那些新贵们来搅局
They ruled justly until the new people invaded.
可没这么简单
It's not quite as simple as that.
就这么简单 -我刚到这
Yes, it is. - Well, I'm new.
我也是新人
I've only just arrived.
玛丽安 先不说布鲁克家族
Marian, never mind that the Brooks
在宾夕法尼亚州已经150多年了
have been in Pennsylvania for a century and a half.
我母亲 也就是你奶奶
My mother, your grandmother, was a Livingston
是利文斯顿庄园家族的一员
of Livingston Manor,
他们1674年就来到本市定居
and they came to this city in 1674.
你是老牌纽约家族 亲爱的
You belong to old New York, my dear,
谁也别想否定你
and don't let anyone tell you different.
你是我侄女
You are my niece,
所以你也是老牌纽约人
and you belong to old New York.
布丽奇特 可以去帮斯科特小姐拿晚餐吗
Will you fetch Miss Scott some supper, Bridget?
希望没给您添麻烦
I don't want to be any trouble.
不 没有 请坐
No, no, please, sit down.
但愿他们已经为你准备好房♥间了
I hope they've made a room ready for you.
我们多备了一间
Oh, we had one prepared
以防玛丽安小姐带侍女随行
in case Miss Marian brought a maid.
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
鲍尔太太和你的房♥间在顶楼
Mrs. Bauer is on the top floor
还有阿姆斯特朗小姐和布丽奇特
with you and Miss Armstrong and Bridget.
约翰和我睡楼下
John and I sleep down here.
她和我们睡同一层吗
She's on the same floor as us?
有什么问题吗
Is there some difficulty?
那就是了
Ah, there you are, then.
你喝咖啡吗
Do you drink coffee?
是的 我喝咖啡
Yes, I drink coffee.
谢谢
Thank you.
我只是确认一下
I just wanted to be sure.
我们要共用卫生间
But are we to share the same bathroom,
和浴室吗
the same water closet?
总不能让她用楼梯间的水桶吧
She can hardly use a bucket under the stairs.
这样做对吗 班尼斯特先生
Is that right, Mr. Bannister?
轮不到我们有意见
It's not for us to have an opinion.
我不想这个家有麻烦
I don't want trouble in the house,
她可能无意引起麻烦
and while she may not want to cause it,
但她本身就是个麻烦
she may be the cause of it.
我再说一遍 轮不到我们有意见
I repeat, it is not for us to have an opinion,
尤其是你那种
certainly not that one.
她要住多久 为什么来这里
But how long is she here for, and why is she here at all?
因为她帮了玛丽安小姐
Because she performed a great service
一个大忙
for Miss Marian.
我去睡觉了 -晚安
I'm going to bed. - Good night.
我看斯科特小姐挺好的
I think that Miss Scott seems nice.
那是你觉得 -确实
Which is all you know. - Yes, it is.
除非她犯错 不然我还是觉得她不错
And I'm sticking to it until she proves me wrong.
你说的倒好听
That's all very well for you to say,
但是 她就要抢走我们的工作了
but they're coming up here now to take our jobs.
她不会抢任何人的工作
She's not taking anyone's job.
看吧 她已经搅动是非了
See? She'll disrupt things.
我跟鲍尔太太说了 但她根本不听
I told Mrs. Bauer, but she wouldn't listen.
有点是非也没什么不好
Maybe we need a bit of disruption.
您先请
Excuse me.
斯科特小姐 这是还你的钱
Miss Scott, I think this is what we owe you.
谢谢
Thank you.
班尼斯特外出的时候看了一眼
While he was out, Bannister checked,
布鲁克林的渡轮还没有恢复
and the Brooklyn ferry is still not running.
暴风雨弄坏了码头
The docks were damaged in the storm.
你可能得多留宿一晚上了
You may have to stay here another night.
你家人担心你吗
Will your family be concerned?
他们没想我回家 所以不担心
They weren't expecting me, so no.
这样啊
Really?
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
要处理的信件太多了
I'm overwhelmed with papers.
我从来没延误这么久过
I've never been this behind on my correspondence.
范里安夫人 如果我可以
Mrs. Van Rhijn, please tell me
帮上忙 请告诉我就行
if there's anything I can do to help.
你的字确实娟秀
Well, you do have the penmanship for it.
我可以听口述记录 我会皮特曼速记
I can take dictation. I know Pitman shorthand.
这是我最起码能报答您的
It's the least I can do to repay you.
好吧 你来听我口述记录
I will dictate some letters, if you insist,
不过 就是内容很枯燥
but they will only be very dull ones, I'm afraid.
格拉蒂丝 那样很伤眼
Gladys, that's bad for your eyes.
坐到窗户旁边来
Sit nearer the window.
专人送来的信 夫人
Just delivered by hand, ma'am.
谢谢 丘奇
Thank you, Church.
莫里斯和费恩两位夫人
A Mrs. Morris and a Mrs. Fane
希望我捐款帮助孤女
want me to support a charity in aid of orphaned girls.
是帕特里克·莫里斯夫人和查尔斯·费恩夫人吗
Is that Mrs. Patrick Morris and Mrs. Charles Fane?
是的 为什么这么问
Uh, yes it is. Why?
他们丈夫是市议员
Their husbands are city aldermen.
我跟他们有生意往来
I may have some business with them.
夫人们找你做什么
What do the wives want of you?
她们要在第五大道酒店
Well, to start with, there's a meeting
为捐款的朋友举办宴会
for friends of the cause to be held at the Fifth Avenue Hotel.
是吗 为什么不在自己家办
Really? Not in one of their own houses?
可能酒店比较方便吧
I dare say a hotel was more convenient.
听说第五大道越来越衰落
I hear the Fifth Avenue's slipping.
没人想去逛23号♥街了
No one wants to be down on 23rd Street anymore.
不要坏了我的兴致
I won't let you spoil it for me.
我不是故意的
I don't want to spoil it.
这只是个开始 总会成功的
It's beginning. I knew it would.
坚持才是最重要的
Persistence is the key to everything.
耐心和坚持
Patience and persistence.
确实是有用的品格 我承认
Useful qualities, I agree.
我能去吗 母亲 求你了
Could I come, Mother, please?
带上她 有何不可
Take her. Why not?
我会考虑的 -什么时候
I'll think about it. - When is it?
下月一号♥
On the 1st.
那天我要见约翰·索伯恩
I'm seeing John Thorburn that day.
他是谁
Who's he?
一个自以为
A man who owns a railroad
能打败我的铁路公♥司♥老板
and thinks he can get the better of me.
给他点颜色看看
He'll find out.
写的很好 斯科特小姐 谢谢
Nicely done, Miss Scott. Thank you.
应该的
Not at all.
看我在房♥间里找到谁了
Look who I found in my room.
非要把这讨厌的东西带到这吗
Must we have that horrid thing in here?
当然了 你说呢 艾达姑妈
I think we must. Don't you, Aunt Ada?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表