剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
真奇怪 我从没想过我会怀念宾夕法尼亚
Funny, I never imagined I'd be wistful for Pennsylvania.
那你为什么要离开呢
Then why did you leave?
自从我父亲去世后 那里就没有什么
There is nothing there for me anymore,
属于我的东西了
not since my father died.
噢 抱歉
Oh, I'm so sorry.
你现在要去布鲁克林吗
Will you go to Brooklyn now?
应该是吧
I suppose so.
现在重新做计划已经太迟了
It's too late for me to make another plan,
而且还赶得上最后一趟轮渡 虽然我没那么想去那
and I can catch the last ferry, even if I don't much want to.
好吧 希望你一切顺利
Well, I hope it all works out for you,
还有 再次感谢你的帮助
and once again, thank you for what you did.
一定记得来找我拿欠你的钱
Please ask for me when you come for the money.
当然 祝你跟你姑妈生活一切顺利
Of course, and good luck with your aunts.
德布罗斯街渡船靠岸
Desbrosses Street ferry coming in.
我们的船
That's us.
德布罗斯街渡船靠岸
Desbrosses Street ferry coming in.
票 票
Tickets. Tickets.
请出示船票
Tickets please!
德布罗斯街渡船靠岸
Desbrosses Street ferry coming in!
办公室的工作怎么样
How are things at the office?
别让他说这个 我求求你
Don't start him on that, I beg you.
可我们都靠爸爸的生意才能过这种生活呀
I suppose father's business is what we all depend on.
希望纽波特天气能好一点
I hope the weather is better in Newport.
拉里什么时候回来
When does Larry come back?
后天之前回不来
Not before the day after tomorrow.
我猜既然大学放假了
I suppose he has some oats to sow
他肯定要出去撒野
now that college is over.
他什么时候开始跟你工作 -应该马上就会
When will he start with you? - Straight away, I imagine.
推迟不会有什么好处
Nothing to be gained from delay.
为什么不邀请你姐姐来住一段时间呢
Why not invite your sister to stay for a while?
我不想
I don't think so.
那你的老朋友呢 你很久没见她们了
What about your old friends? You never see them now.
我不想要老朋友 我要新朋友
I don't want my old friends. I want new friends.
等等
Wait.
等我一会
Give me a moment.
跟我来
Come with me.
至少让我们载你一程
Let us at least give you a ride.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们能不能送她去布鲁克林码头
Can we take her to the Brooklyn ferry?
这种天气 没有船会开的
No ferrys are running, not in this weather.
我没事的
I'll be fine.
你不走我就不走
I'm not leaving without you.
好吧
Very well.
噢 她到了 -是的
Oh, that's her now. - It is.
约翰 打起精神
Come on, John. Look lively.
我在想她会是什么样的人
I wonder what she'll be like.
这个我们马上就知道了
Well, we'll know soon enough.
玛丽安小姐 欢迎来到东61街
Welcome to East 61st Street, Miss Marian.
我叫班尼斯特 是范里安夫人的管家
My name is Bannister, Mrs. Van Rhijn's butler.
这位是
And this is?
斯科特小姐 佩吉·斯科特
Miss Scott. Miss Peggy Scott.
斯科特小姐跟我一起来的
Miss Scott traveled with me,
到布鲁克林的渡船取消了
but they've canceled the ferries to Brooklyn.
我希望范里安夫人
I'm rather hoping Mrs. Van Rhijn
能够允许她留到暴风雨停息
will allow her to rest here until the storm has passed.
我知道了
I see.
范里安夫人和艾达小姐在客厅
Mrs. Van Rhijn's in the drawing room with Miss Ada.
那我去问问她们
Then I'll ask them.
斯科特小姐能不能留在楼下
If Miss Scott could wait downstairs?
当然
Of course.
一个陌生的黑人女士借钱给你
An unknown colored woman lent you money
让你来到纽约
to travel to New York?
听起来真不可思议
That seems very unlikely.
不管多不可思议 这是真的
Unlikely or not, it's true.
她现在在这吗
And she's here, now?
她的父母住在布鲁克林
Well, her parents live in Brooklyn,
但是司机说渡船停运了
but the cab driver said the ferries aren't running.
好吧 那当然要让她留下了
Well, then of course she must stay.
不是吗 艾格尼丝
Mustn't she, Agnes?
先把她带进来
Bring her in first.
任何要进我的房♥子的人都必须得让我见见
I have to meet anyone who's going to be in my house.
当然了 夫人
Of course, ma'am.
玛丽安 你肯定饿了吧 -我还好
Marian, you must be hungry. - Not really.
我们会让鲍尔太太送点吃的去她的房♥间
We'll have Mrs. Bauer send something up to her room.
看起来我们欠你很大一笔债呢
It seems we owe you a considerable debt,
斯科特小姐
Miss Scott.
我猜你想待在这
I gather you would like to stay here?
我不想添麻烦
I don't want to be a nuisance.
是我逼斯科特小姐上车
I forced Miss Scott into the cab
好让她避避风雨
to get her out of the storm.
那风都能把你吹到
The wind gusts alone could blow you
第五大道
all the way to Fifth Avenue.
所以她可以留下来吗 艾格尼丝姑妈
So she can stay, Aunt Agnes?
我们不能让斯科特小姐被大风给吹走了
We can't have Miss Scott blown into oblivion.
是的 你可以留下 等到早上
Yes, you may stay, and in the morning,
班尼斯特会从银行取钱来还你
Bannister can fetch the money from the bank to repay you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我还从没让自己陷入过这样的窘境
I have never found myself in such an odd predicament.
真的很感激你的善良
I appreciate your kindness.
你可以留下 但是有个条件
You may stay on one condition:
你要把你父母的地址给我
that you give me your parents' address
以防万一
in case anything happens.
我不会有事的
Nothing will happen to me.
如果真出现那种情况 我不会让我自己连个联♥系♥方式
I won't be in a position of having no one to contact
都没有
if it does.
好吧
Very well.
亲爱的 希望你在渡船上没有颠得太难受
I hope the ferry crossing wasn't too rough, dear.
不 一点也没有
No, not at all.
谁教你这么写的
Who taught you to write like this?
费城的
The Institute for Colored Youth
有色青年学校
in Philadelphia.
我很了解这个学校
But I know it well.
三十年代刚开始建校的时候
My father was a patron
我父亲就是赞助人了
when it first opened in the '30s.
我在宾夕法尼亚长大 在多伊尔斯敦外
I grew up in Pennsylvania, outside Doylestown.
我们以前经常会
We used to attend
参加学校里盛大的
the wonderful Christmas pageants
圣诞狂欢
at the school.
你也参加过吗 -每年都参加
Were you a part of that? - Every year.
我们先帮你安顿下来 斯科特小姐
Let's get you settled, Miss Scott,
一会儿我妹妹就该请你唱首圣诞颂歌♥了
before my sister begs you to sing a carol.
去楼下厨房♥
Go down to the kitchens
让鲍尔太太给你找个房♥间
and ask Mrs. Bauer to find you a room.
谢谢
Thank you.
玛丽安 你现在有什么计划吗
Now, Marian, have you made any plans yet?
她才刚到家呢 艾格尼丝
She's only just arrived, Agnes.
我还没有做什么计划
I haven't made any plans, no.
我想你应该刚知道
I suppose you only recently learned
你父亲让你失望了
that your father had let you down.
请不要说我爸爸的坏话
Please don't speak ill of Daddy.
在我自己家我想说什么说什么
I will say what I like in my own house.
但别对我说
Not to me.
我想我会找份工作
I thought I might find a job.
不可以这样吗
Would that be out of the question?
除非你想跟我住在一起
Only if you wish to live with me.
我不想整天游手好闲的
Well, I don't want to be idle.
也许会有慈善活动我可以帮上忙
Perhaps there's a charity that could use my services.
真是慷慨 而且还很合适
How generous, and how suitable.
那得取决于她选择什么样的慈善
That depends on the charity she chooses,
不过首先我们得给你做衣服 亲爱的
but first we must attend to your clothes, my dear.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表