剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
I don't remember him as rude.
我想他只是繁忙
Oh, I think he's just a very busy man.
不管他了
Never mind.
我需要你的帮忙 制定明天的菜单
I want your help with the menus tomorrow.
还有
And please,
选一些你喜欢的东西
choose something that you really like.
我想偶尔也宠宠你
I want to spoil you for once.
我真不知道这是为什么
I can't think why.
我知道
I can.
但我不明白我为什么要停止购入
But I do not understand why I should stop buying
已经流入公开市场的股票
what's on the open market.
我看好公♥司♥
I like the company.
我比你对这家公♥司♥更有信心
I have more faith in it than you.
你就不能做磊落的事吗
Won't you do the decent thing?
那你们对我做的事就是吗 费恩先生
And is that what you all did to me, Mr. Fane?
磊落
The decent thing?
如果他们同意现在就通过法律呢
But if they will agree to pass the law now?
你是说再通过一次法律
You mean to pass the law again?
第二次通过吗
To pass it for a second time?
你已经表明自己的观点了 罗素先生
You've made your point, Mr. Russell.
我们以为你愚蠢
We've taken you for a fool
事实证明愚蠢的是我们
when it is we who are the fools.
这点我倒是不反对
I won't fight you on that one.
如果你先让我下跪 我就下跪
If you want me to kneel, I'll kneel.
如果你想让我乞求
If you want me to beg,
我现在就在乞求你
I am begging now.
我们已经失去了太多 足以被称为穷♥人♥了
We've already lost enough to make us poor.
但如果情况再继续发展
But if it goes on for much longer,
我们中有些人就要面临毁灭了
there are some among us facing ruin.
求你了
Please,
结束一切吧
end it.
我不能说自己不同情
I won't say I feel no pity,
因为我可怜你们
because I do.
但你们不仅想利用我
But you have not only tried to get the better of me.
你和莫里斯夫人还怠慢轻视我妻子
You and Mrs. Morris have snubbed and belittled my wife.
我怎么能对这事视而不见
How could I allow that to go unpunished?
我并不是指你们犯了罪
I don't suggest that you men committed every crime
而我要为之复仇
that I'm avenging here.
换句现代的潮流话说
But to employ a modern phrase,
恐怕你们必须得面对现实
I'm afraid you must face the music.
我的秘书会送你们出去
My secretary will see you out.
你终于回来了
There you are.
我就觉得听见了前门有响动
I thought I heard the front door.
今晚会有孩子们来吃晚餐吗
Are we expecting any of the children for dinner?
威尔当然在 露易丝正在来的路上
Will's here, of course. And Louise is on her way.
但我觉得她不会住下
But I don't think she's staying.
她是个好姑娘
She's a good girl.
我很欣慰 他们都出落成大好青年了
They're all good people, I'm happy to say.
你怎么说这些
What brought this on?
怎么了 我对自己的家人感到骄傲
Why? Must I have a reason to tell you
还必须有个理由吗
how proud I am of my family?
你们让我幸福又自豪
You have made me happy and proud.
尤其是你
You most particularly.
别嘴甜了
Enough.
一会我该哭了
I should be weeping in a minute.
来跟我坐一会
Come in and sit with me.
更衣前我们还有时间
We've got time before we change.
稍后吧
In a moment.
我还有些必须要做的事
There's something I must do first.
-这只是为了我吗 -没错
- Is this just for me? - It is.
我真幸运
I'm a lucky fellow.
事情怎么样了
How's it all going?
他们同意重新通过法律
They've offered to repass the law
并让我建造车站
and let me build my station.
那我不必刷地板了咯
So I won't have to scrub floors?
看上去不用了
Doesn't look like it.
这么说都结束了
Is it finished, then?
还没有
Not quite but almost.
未来很长一段时间内
It'll be a long time
市参议员都不会再利用我了
before the aldermen try to get the better of me again.
不过我觉得给他们的惩罚已经够了
But I think I've punished them enough.
你真是宽容大度
That sounds very forbearing of you.
我喜欢做正确的事
I like to do the right thing.
只要我不因此失去钱财
If I don't lose any money by it.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表