剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
对象是罗素夫人的侍女
How democratic.
好民♥主♥喔
How democratic.
这并不好笑
It is no laughing matter.
真是的
Really
再加上班尼斯特的背叛 我快受不了了
on top of Bannister's betrayal, it is too much.
奥斯卡矢口否认
Oscar tried to deny it.
是你在说还是我在说?
Are you telling this story, or am I?
真不懂我们对玛丽安说这些干吗
Although why either of us are telling it to Marian, I do not know.
他说两人只是稍微友好些
He said they were "friendly acquaintances," and that was all.
那么就……
- Well, I suppose... - As if my son
我儿子怎么可能跟侍女当朋友
- Well, I suppose... - As if my son
我儿子怎么可能跟侍女当朋友
would number a lady's maid among his friends.
就连艾达也不信
Even Ada thought that was nonsense
她连怎么生小孩都不太懂
and she barely knows how babies are born!
爱格,你别气到口不择言
Agnes, your anger is making you indelicate.
那现在怎么办?
So what happens now?
我要她走人
I want her sacked.
我要她在明晚前被开除
I want her out on her ear, by tomorrow night.
-那您得写信给罗素夫人了 -要我写什么?
Then you must write to Mrs. Russell.
-那您得写信给罗素夫人了 -要我写什么?
What would I say?
家母总告诫我别写出 不敢登在读者来信栏的内容
My mother always told me never to write anything
家母总告诫我别写出 不敢登在读者来信栏的内容
I wouldn't want printed on the letters page of a popular journal.
您打算怎么做?
Then what will you do?
我啥也不做
I'll do nothing.
你去见罗素夫人
You will go and see Mrs. Russell.
毕竟你认识她,而我不认识
After all, you know her. I do not.
但此纷争与我无关
But it isn't my quarrel.
家族名誉即将受损
Your family's honor is in danger.
当然与你有关
Certainly, it is your quarrel.
我哪有资格 要她开除自己的侍女啊
What right have I to ask a woman to fire her own servant?
这根本办不到
- It's an impossible task! - Marian...
玛丽安,我虽然很爱说教
I may be didactic but I do not often give orders.
但鲜少命令你做什么
I may be didactic but I do not often give orders.
我现在就命令你去
This is a direct order.
你打算违抗我吗?
Will you defy me?
你已爬到我头上来了吗?
Is that what we have come to?
你们听到了吗?
Did you hear the noise?
我在走廊听见 夫人对少爷破口大骂
I was in the hall when the mistress started shouting at Mr. Oscar.
然后少爷就摔门而出
Then he marched out and slammed the door.
这样就少一个人用餐
Which made one less for dinner
剩下的冰淇淋够我们大家吃了
and we got the rest of the ice cream to share.
-没啥大不了的 -你似乎早就料到
- These things happen. - You don't sound very surprised.
母子嘛,难免会吵架
With a mother and son
母子嘛,难免会吵架
there's bound to be fireworks sometimes.
你不知道他们在吵什么?
You don't know what it's about?
好了,不要乱挖夫人的隐私
Please. We owe it to Mrs. van Rhijn not to pry.
别以为这样夫人就会原谅你
You won't get back into her good graces that easily.
我真健忘
Oh, silly me.
楼上有几件衣物 我得在睡前先洗好
I've left some things upstairs that I need to wash before I sleep.
她知道的事可多了
She knows more than she's saying.
每个侍女都知道很多秘辛
All ladies' maids know more than they say.
听邱区说你在这里
- Church said you were here. - I told him to.
我叫他告诉你的
- Church said you were here. - I told him to.
别怪我没更衣
I hope you don't mind that I haven't changed.
当然不会
Not at all.
-跟律师开会到这么晚啊 -不是
- Did the lawyers keep you this late? - No.
律师离开后我留下跟克雷讨论
But after they'd gone, I stayed talking to Clay, poor devil.
大概没人帮他留晚餐
I doubt anyone's kept dinner for him.
会有一场聆讯
There'll be a hearing
理清是否有不法情事且需否审理
to determine if a crime's been committed
理清是否有不法情事且需否审理
and whether it should go for trial.
不是已经查到犯人了?
Well, haven't they already found the man to blame?
那得看情况
That depends.
有些人认为犯人是你丈夫
Some people may think the man to blame is your husband.
-这事不能开玩笑 -我没开玩笑
- Don't joke about this, George. - I'm not joking.
现在不能闹丑闻,我都快成功了
We can't afford a scandal. Not when I'm so near.
邀了宾客去看爱迪生点灯
I'm taking a party to see Mr. Edison's lights
也定好葛莱蒂舞会日期
and I've set a date for Gladys's ball...
-那很好啊 -你一旦受审就得全部取消
- I'm glad to hear it. - But it won't happen
-那很好啊 -你一旦受审就得全部取消
if you're on trial. I'd have to cancel.
规矩不是我定的
My dear, I don't make the rules.
我会尽全力为自己辩护 我还能说什么?
I will do everything within my power to defend myself.
我会尽全力为自己辩护 我还能说什么?
- What more can I say? - But I've already settled a date
我已经约好麦卡里斯特先生……
- What more can I say? - But I've already settled a date
我已经约好麦卡里斯特先生……
- with Mr. McAllister. - Well, God forbid
我真该死,害他失望了
I should be a disappointment for Mr. McAllister!
你觉得好笑吗?
- If you think this is funny... - I don't think it in the least funny
我觉得完全不好笑
- If you think this is funny... - I don't think it in the least funny
我面临牢狱之灾
that I am facing the possibility of prison
妻子却只担心舞会延期
and my wife is more concerned with the date of a ball!
福顿先生
Mr. Fortune.
你好,史考特小姐
Good day, Miss Scott.
我把初稿放您桌上
I've left the draft of my article on your desk.
我稍后再看,说说看
I'll take a look.
你对电力有何看法
Tell me, what are your thoughts on electricity?
你说爱迪生先生的电灯吗?
Are you talking about Mr. Edison's lights?
那不是他一个人的功劳
Mr. Edison is not solely responsible.
-不然还有谁?-路易斯拉蒂默
- Who else was involved? - Namely, Lewis Latimer
一位黑人发明家
a colored inventor.
他发明了改良版碳灯丝
He created a better carbon filament.
也就是让灯泡持续照明的构造
That's the thing in the bulb that helps keep the lights on
也就是让灯泡持续照明的构造
so to speak.
爱迪生先生绝对会在典礼上 表扬拉蒂默先生的贡献
Well, I'm sure that Mr. Edison will give Mr. Latimer
爱迪生先生绝对会在典礼上 表扬拉蒂默先生的贡献
his due credit at the ceremony.
我很欣赏你的慧言慧语
I admire your wit, Miss Scott.
说正经的
Joking aside
我很难想像 整栋楼同时亮灯的样子
I can't imagine seeing an entire building lit up, all at once.
既写下历史,又放眼未来
It's both historic and futuristic all at the same time.
你大可不必凭空想像
Well, you're not going to have to imagine it
因为我们要实地走访
because we're going to see it.
因为我们要实地走访
- We? - Yes.
-你跟我吗?-对
- We? - Yes.
我们要报道这件事
We're reporting on it for the paper.
我想请你采访现场民众 并写下自己的感想
I need you to help interview people in the crowd
我想请你采访现场民众 并写下自己的感想
and get their impressions as well as your own.
当晚在报社会面
We'll meet here on the night
再一起前往公园街
and travel to Park Row together.
真是太好了,谢谢你
I can't believe it. Thank you.
毕竟呢
Well...
我得带你去提醒爱迪生先生
I've got to bring you along
我得带你去提醒爱迪生先生
to remind Mr. Edison that a colored man
黑人发明家有助于他的科技
will make his technology better.
抱歉上午没空见你
I'm sorry I couldn't see you this morning.
我有一大堆事要处理
I had a thousand things going on.
-我才抱歉前来打扰 -别这么说
- I'm sorry to be such a nuisance. - Nonsense.
我们自己来就行 你下去吧,法兰西斯
We'll manage for ourselves, Francis, thank you.
找我什么事?
So, how can I help?
我只是来传话的
I'm only the messenger
是我姑妈她很焦虑
but my aunt is rather anxious...
她在焦虑什么?
Anxious about what?
我不知如何启齿
I don't know how to say it.
这下子你吓到我了
Now you're frightening me.
她要你开除你的侍女
She asks you to fire your maid.
-什么?-好像是姓透纳
- What? - I think she's called Turner.
可以告诉我原因吗?
Am I to know why?
她在和我姑妈的熟人幽会
She has been seeing a man well known to my aunt.
请说详细一点,对方是谁?
You must have something more than that.
请说详细一点,对方是谁?
What man?
他是谁不重要
His name is not important
但是凡瑞恩夫人坚信 这两人不适合交往
but Mrs. van Rhijn strongly believes that it is an improper liaison.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表