剧集 | 错位青春(2011) | 导航列表
Oh. Well... that was a bad word choice.
谁说基因有缺陷
Who said the gene is defective?
再次声明 用错词了
Again, bad choice of words.
我应该说不寻常
I should've said "abnormal."
或者说不正常
Or not... the norm.
不寻常有什么问题
What's wrong with being abnormal?
他们看待世界的方式不一样也许是件好事
Maybe it's good that they see the world differently.
或许我们不必总是赞许
Maybe we don't always have to
更快 更强 更聪明的价值观
value faster, stronger, smarter.
凯思琳 没事的 你不必维护
Kathryn, it's okay. You don't have to defend--
不不不 地球上的人不尽相同
No, no, no. Isn't it possible that there's a reason
难道不是有原因的吗
that not everyone on the planet is the same?
是 但是寿命的缩短
Yes. But shortened life span,
健康问题 智力的不完全这类不同
health problems, decreased mental ability?
当然是我们作为一个种族想去解决的
Of course we, as a race, want to cure that.
你家人能很好地处理这件事真的很棒
The fact that your family is handling this so well is fantastic,
但是人类终有一天会通过进化或科学
but trisomy 21 is a genetic mutation
消除二十一三体综合征这种基因突变
that evolution or science will get rid of someday.
这点我们不清楚
We don't know that.
我知道的是
What I do know is that
今天是为了庆祝莉莉和我孙子
this is a celebration of Lily and my grandson,
我希望能维持这个主题
and I would like to keep it that way.
贝 能拆下一个礼物了吗
Bay, should we open another gift?
好
Yes, we can.
教授 等等
Professor, wait.
现在我跟你两位母亲都争论过了
Now I've battled with both your moms.
你为什么让我加入你的班级
Why did you let me into your class?
你给我留下了深刻的印象
You impressed me.
我想给你一个机会来证明你很了不起
I was giving you a chance to prove that you were exceptional.
但你不认为我是了不起的吗
But you don't think that I am?
因为我不同寻常吗
Because I'm "abnormal"?
我认为就学习科学知识来看
I think your deafness
失聪造成的障碍远比想象中大
is a bigger obstacle to mastering science than anticipated.
但毫无疑问
but there's no question
你会有远大的前途
that you have a bright future,
你可以通过许多其他方式
and there are so many other ways
来改变世界
that you can make a difference in the world.
可以是公共政策或者社工
There is public policy, or social work--
你曾告诉过我
You once told me not to
当别人打击你时 别轻易放弃
give up so easily when someone knocks me down.
那真是条好建议
That was really good advice.
我会当一名医生
I am going to be a doctor.
我或许去不了全国最好的医学院
It might not be at the best medical school in the nation.
我或许需要花费比其他人更长的时间
And it might take me longer than other people.
但我会成功的
But I will get there.
我会去做的
I am going to do it.
好 那么
Okay. So...
莉莉随机选一张卡片
Lily will pick a card.
然后写卡片的人可以
And then whoever wrote it can read it out loud
向其他人读出上面写的话
to the rest of the group.
贝 介意我插一句吗
Bay, if you don't mind?
大家好
Hi, everyone.
抱歉来晚了
I'm so sorry for being late.
我想谢谢大家今天来支持
I just wanted to thank you all for coming out today
莉莉和托比
to support Lily and Toby.
特别感谢贝
And a special thank you to Bay
临时上场当女主人
for pinch-hitting as hostess.
我没时间写建议
I didn't have time to write out my advice,
所以我直接说
so I'll just share it quickly.
莉莉
Lily...
永远相信你的直觉
Trust your gut, always.
妈妈的直觉通常是对的
Mother's intuition is real.
相信它
Listen to it.
如果你觉得有什么不对劲
If something doesn't feel right to you,
很可能就是真的不对劲
it probably isn't.
达芙妮三岁时
When Daphne was three,
她病得很严重 突如其来
she got very sick, very fast.
三十九度的高烧 呕吐
102 fever, vomiting.
我急忙带她去急诊室
So I rushed her to the E.R.,
医生告诉我她得了肠胃炎
and the doctor told me that she had the stomach flu.
我应该带她回家 喂她吃点流食
I should take her home and give her fluids,
然后等她恢复
and wait it out.
但当我走去开车时
But as we towards the car,
我知道不只是肠胃炎那么简单
I could tell that something bigger was taking hold.
我不知道是什么
I had no idea what it was,
但我知道不太对劲
but I knew something wasn't right.
所以我开车去城另一边的医院
So I drove across town to another hospital,
在那他们诊断她得了脑膜炎
and that's where they diagnosed her with meningitis.
如果我没有去
If I hadn't...
毕竟
When all is said and done,
你比任何医生
you know your kid
老师
better than any doctor,
专家
any teacher...
都更了解你的孩子
or expert.
你真勇敢
You are so brave.
很棒的故事
Incredible story.
说完了
That's it.
好 下面我来
Okay, I'll go next.
我不是位母亲
Well, I'm not a mom,
但我碰巧有两位母亲
but I happen to have two.
所以我应该对
Uh, so I think that I know a little bit
母女关系有些许了解
about the, uh, mother-child relationship.
对我来说
And for me,
一个母亲能做的最重要的事
the most important thing a mother can do
就是与自己的孩子坦诚相待
is be honest with her children.
因为最终
Because in the end,
孩子总是能知道真♥相♥
kids will always figure out the truth.
我跟达芙妮谈过了
I spoke to Daphne.
还有什么新消息
What else is new?
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我应该告诉你赫帕的事
I should've told you about Hope.
以及去亚特兰大的事
And Atlanta.
还有纳乔的事
And Nacho.
老实说
Honestly,
达芙妮和我解决了这事之后
after Daphne and I dealt with it all,
我觉得没必要再告诉别人了
I figured no one else needed to know.
所以可以继续对我撒谎了
So it was okay to just keep lying to me.
-不是那样 -不只是半年前那件事
- No! - And not just six months ago.
你今天早晨也对我撒谎
You lied to me this morning.
你告诉我只是监护权纠纷
You told me it was a custody dispute,
而实际上 是艾瑞克绑♥架♥了他
when in reality, Eric kidnapped him.
我只是努力不让你卷进这件事
I was trying to keep you out of it.
也许这是个错误的决定
Maybe that was a bad choice.
我都不知道自己为什么会感到意外
I don't even know why I'm surprised.
毕竟 自从你发现了抱错我们之后
After all, lying's been your M.O.
撒谎就一直是你的惯用伎俩
since you found out about the switch.
我明白 你跟达芙妮在一起的时间更长
Look, I get it. You've known Daphne a lot longer,
你俩之间更亲密 但是我也是你女儿
you two have this special bond. But I'm your daughter too.
为什么你什么都告诉她
So why is it that you tell her everything,
却不告诉我
and you tell me nothing?
贝 并不是那样 这些都不是我故意的
Bay, it's not like that. None of this was a choice.
-都是顺其自然就发生了 -借口
- It just happened. - That is a cop-out.
都是你的选择 你选了她 一直都是
You made a choice. You chose her, like always.
-别这么说 -为什么
- Don't say that. - Why not?
反正现在看来
Because right now,
过去的四年就跟没发生一样
it feels like the last four years never happened.
申请密苏里大学堪萨斯分校怎么样
What if you applied to UMKC?
-达芙妮... -你可以走读
- Daphne... - You could live at home,
而且那里也有你认识的朋友
and you already know people there.
我 娜塔莉 特拉维斯 贝
Me, Natalie, Travis, Bay.
我说过了
剧集 | 错位青春(2011) | 导航列表