是的 我做了视觉比较 Mandy又看了一遍
Yeah,I did a visual comparison. Mandy peer reviewed.
我很抱歉 Catherine 不是他
I'm sorry,Catherine. It just... It isn't him.
一旦Kent发现你在凶器上 找到了别人的指纹
When Kent discovers you found the murder weapon with someone else's prints on it,
他立马♥会♥争取无罪释放
he's going to fast track himself to an acquittal.
石头上是他的指纹 还是能证明他曾在现场
We have the print on the rock, which still puts him at the scene.
但锤子上的指纹不属于Kent
But Kent's prints aren't on the hammer.
那很显然他有个同伙 可能就是那个人犯下了命案
So,clearly, there was an accomplice who probably committed the murder.
- 是啊 我们还要查明身份 - 那当然
- Yeah. Who we still need to identify. - Obviously.
48小时后就要审前听证会了
Okay,pretrial hearing is in 48 hours.
届时你要查清是谁的指纹
You're gonna have to reveal the prints then.
要是Kent能告诉我们是谁就好了
It would be nice if Kent would give us a name.
他怎么会说呢? 他都已经保密了18年
Yeah,well,why would he? He's kept it a secret for 18 years.
那就让他不打自招 用石头的证据对他施压
Then ask without asking. Sweat him with the rock evidence.
法官驳回了你的动议 石头的铁证还是坚如磐石
The judge denied your motion. The rock's back in play.
我重新检查了那块石头
I reexamined the rock.
我放大强化了指纹 拍了照
I enhanced the fingerprint and photoed it.
找到了几个极为独特的比对点
And this time around, I found several highly unique points of comparison,
包括这张笑脸的图案
including this happy face pattern.
跟你的指纹完全吻合
Which is an exact match to your print.
这枚指纹证明你当时就在案发现场
And that print puts you at the crime scene.
你在那里 你杀了Thomas Harrot
You were there. You killed Thomas Harrot.
Kent先生 如果你还有其他解释
Mr. Kent,if there's another explanation, other than the obvious,
现在就是还你清白的时刻
now would be a good time to come clean.
一旦穿上这身囚服 没人会相信你的话
Once you're wearing these, nobody believes anything that you have to say.
试试看
Try me.
我在那儿 但人不是我杀的
I was there, but I didn't kill the guy.
我急着搞点钱花
I need to make some fast money.
我连着闯了两户人家
I broke into those other two houses.
我选看起来没人的地方
I picked them because it looked like nobody was at home.
那老头家是我第三家
The old man's house was my third stop.
我进去以后 看到地上躺着一具尸体
I went inside, there's a body on the floor.
我就赶忙逃了
I got the hell out of there.
为什么不报♥警♥?
Why not just call 911?
然后说"喂 我刚闯入一户人家 发现地上躺着一具尸体"
Yeah,"Hello,I just broke into a house "and I found a dead body on the floor.
"好 好 我就在这儿等你们"
Oh,yeah,yeah,I'll just wait right here for you."
我那时是个鲁莽的混混 又闯了大祸
Look,I was a reckless punk and I messed up big-time.
我犯了法 但我没杀那老头
I broke the law. But I did not kill that old man.
是别人干的
Somebody else did that.
18年前你怎么不说?
Why didn't you mention this 18 years ago?
我律师建议我别承认到过现场
Because my lawyer advised me not to admit that I was at the scene of the crime.
这是他给过的唯一诚恳建议
It was the only honest piece of advice he ever gave me.
知道怎样让你的故事更可信吗?
You know what would give your story more credibility?
帮忙找出疑犯
If you could ID the other suspect.
我要是看到了凶手 肯定早就说了
Lady,if I would've seen him, that would've been the first thing out of my mouth.
但是我到现场时 凶手早就跑远了
But whoever killed Harrot was long gone by the time I got there.
问完了
We're done here.
为什么不敢承认犯了错 害我白蹲了18年的大牢
Oh,sure,yeah. Why would you admit to making a mistake that cost me the last 18 years of my life?
我只想过回我的生活
All I want is my life back.
这要求太高了吗?
Is that asking too much?
- Jim 谢谢你来看我 - 当然会来
- Jim. Thanks for coming by. - Sure,you bet.
我们都是时间列车的乘客
So,we're all just passengers on the time train.
说的没错
Well,you got that right.
你遇上麻烦了
So,you hit a snag.
Jeremy Kent承认他到过Harrot家
Well,Jeremy Kent now admits that he was at the Harrot house.
当时 老人已经死了
And when he got there, the old man was already dead.
我把这叫做"永恒幻想"
I call that "perp fiction."
问题是他的说法跟我的新发现吻合
The problem is,is that his story is consistent with the new evidence I have yet to disclose.
Catherine ...
Oh,come on,Catherine, you know...
18年前我一眼看准了他是坏人 你也一样
I had this guy pegged as the bad guy the minute I laid eyes on him 18 years ago,and so did you.
要是他说的是实话怎么办?
What if he's telling the truth?
只是错误的时间出现在错误的地点
Wrong place,wrong time.
别胡思乱想
Oh,you gotta tune that out. That's all bull.
关键是你找到的线索
All that matters is what you got on him.
他们爱说谎 因为他们善于此道 还因为他们有事得隐瞒
Now,these guys lie because, well,because they're good at it and because they're hiding something.
所隐瞒之事往往就是定罪之实
And the thing they're hiding is usually the thing that makes them guilty.
很久以前 我跟Eddie刚开始约会那时
A million years ago, uh,back when Eddie and I first started dating,
我们参加派对 喝了不少
we,uh,went to a party and,um,you know, we drank our fair share and it was time to leave
离开派对时 他抛给我车匙 因为我比较负责任
and he tosses me the keys 'cause I'm the responsible one.
我开车 他在旁乱唱歌♥
So,you know,I'm driving and he starts singing this stupid song,
我不太记得具体情况
which I've completely blanked from my memory,
只记得自己歇斯底里地大笑
and one moment I'm just laughing hysterically
下一刻他从我手中抢过方向盘
and the next he has grabbed the wheel from my hands
因为我差点撞着人了
because I almost ran over a man.
我的人生差点在那一刻颠覆
And in that moment my life would've changed completely.
就因为一时失策
Because of a bad decision.
所以...
So...
我跟Jeremy Kent又有什么两样呢?
What makes me any different than Jeremy Kent?
Eddie说的没错 你确实是负责任的人
You know,Eddie was right. You are the responsible one.
你要是撞了人 肯定会报♥警♥
And if you had hit that guy, you would've called the cops.
因为你会对自己的行为负责
Because you would've taken responsibility for your actions.
Jeremy Kent现在成了监狱律师
Now,Jeremy Kent is a jailhouse lawyer. He's a scumbag.
这个混球的自♥由♥和一生 就指望于你的自我怀疑
His freedom,his whole life depends upon getting you to doubt yourself.
别让他操纵你的思想
Don't let him live rent free in your head.
我打算重查案件 需要你们的帮助
I need your help. I want to run the case.
关键: 证据是否支持我原本的结论 Jeremy Kent杀了Thomas Harrot?
The question: Does the evidence support my initial conclusion that Jeremy Kent killed Thomas Harrot?
我来开始
I'll start.
石头上的指纹证据比以前更有力
The print on the rock is even stronger than before.
打破的窗是闯入的唯一迹象 Kent也承认是他干的
The broken window was the only sign of forced entry and Kent admits to it.
死者院子有未明鞋印
Unknown shoe impression at the victim's yard.
跟Jeremy Kent同码 但不吻合他的任一双鞋子
Same size but never matched to any of Jeremy Kent's shoes.
所以此证据不明确
That makes it equivocal.
Archie还在研究那通报♥警♥电♥话♥ 试图把引擎声跟Kent的车比对
Archie is still working on the 911 tape, trying to match the engine noise to Kent's car.
凶器上有两枚不明指纹
Two unknown prints on the murder weapon.
跟Kent都不吻合
Neither one is a match to Kent.
好像能把他排除了
Sounds like that would exclude him.
假如...假如...
What if... What if...
他杀了人 凶器却由第二疑犯处理了
he really did kill the old man and a second suspect tossed the hammer over the fence?
有共犯的话就都说得通了
An accomplice would make sense.
维加斯的强闯民居有七成是多人犯罪
Seven out of ten breaking and entering cases in Las Vegas involve multiple suspects.
就是说第二疑犯是最后接触凶器的人
That would mean that the second suspect probably touched it last,
所以上面才只有他的指纹
which is why we only got his prints.
如果确有共犯 为什么Kent没把他供出来?
If there was an accomplice, why didn't Kent give him up?
因为盗亦有道
Because sometimes there is honor among thieves.
他自己横竖都被逮了 何必拖累别人?
If he knew he was going down, why drag someone else down with him?
我不这样认为
I don't know about that.
这些人为了减刑可以六亲不认
If any of these guys thought they could cut a deal, they'd roll over on their mother.
我认为你们说的都对
I think you're both right.
自身利益就是动机
People are motivated by self-interest.
但有些感情比自我保护本能还强大
But there are certain human bonds that trump even our base instincts--
爱情 血亲 恐惧
love,blood,fear.
没错 我有爱的人 但不愿意为他们坐牢
Right,there's people I love but I wouldn't go to prison for any of them.
我打赌他是因为恐惧
My money's on fear.
那么Kent怕什么呢?
So,what would Kent have to be afraid of?
他没惹上黑道或组织犯罪
He wasn't connected to a gang or organized crime.
他的家庭呢?
What about his family?
他一个人生活 唯一亲人是个叔叔
He was living on his own. His closest relative was an uncle.
有时朋友就是家人了
Sometimes your friends are your family.
查过探监记录了吗?
Did you check the prison visitor log?
检察官说从没有人探访过他
The DA said that he's never had any visitors.
Kent没上过大学
Kent never made it to college.
大部分朋友可能是在高中结识的
Most of his friends were probably from high school.
我打给中学 找找他的高中年鉴 看还有没有教过他的老师
Okay,I'll call the high school, get his yearbooks,see if any of his old teachers still work there.
找到共犯就找到真♥相♥了
We find the accomplice, we find the truth.
Arch 收到你短♥信♥了
Hey,Arch. Got your text.
听听这个
Check this out.
一个自动化鉴证专家 给我发了个引擎特征数据库
A forensic auto expert sent me over an engine signature database.
我把报♥警♥电♥话♥的杂音 跟庞蒂克6000比对了 不吻合
So,I compared the noise on the 911 tape to a Pontiac 6000. No match.
没关系 我们有新理论 Kent有个共犯
That's okay. We have a new theory that Kent had an accomplice.
也许录音里的车是共犯的
Maybe the car on the tape belongs to him.
这就解释了很多疑点
Well,that explains a lot.
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表