这么短?
Oh,that's all?
在Thomas Harrot案之前 你都是在主管陪同下工作的?
Prior to the Thomas Harrot murder, you always worked under a supervisor?
是的
Yes.
此案是你首次在无人指导的情况下查案
So, this case was your first unsupervised investigation?
是我头一次独♥立♥办案
It was my first solo case.
但所有步骤都有主管复查
But all my casework was reviewed by my supervisor.
总之 你最希望的就是能定我的罪
Well, regardless,it was in your best interest to get a conviction?
我不管定罪的事 那是陪审团的工作
I don't deal in convictions. That's for the jury.
结果还是对你很有利
Still... worked out pretty good for you.
- 我可就遭殃了 - 这也算问题吗?
- Better than it did for me. - Is that a question?
真是不好意思占用了你的时间
Oh,I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time here.
我可是白白在这待了18年
It's just I've been in here for 18 years for something I didn't do.
所以我有得是时间
So,all I've got is time.
我见过一个毒贩 他认识你老公Eddie Willows
You know,I met a drug dealer in here who knew your husband, Eddie Willows.
显然他常常去买♥♥货
Apparently,he was a very good customer.
听说他死了 我深表同情
I heard he died. My condolences.
不好意思 你究竟想问什么?
I'm sorry, what was the question?
处理现场时你有没有服药? 不管是合法的还是不合法的
Were you taking any drugs, legal or illegal, at the time you were processing this crime scene?
- 没有 - 因为你怀孕了?
- No. - Was it because you were pregnant?
- 你女儿可好? - 与你有关吗?
- How is your daughter? - How is that relevant?
我是在打好基础
Oh,I'm laying a foundation.
我们法律界是这么说的
That's how we refer to it in the legal community.
生孩子是人生一大转折
Now,having a child is a life-altering experience.
- 怀孕影响了你的判断力吗? - 没有
- Did your pregnancy influence your judgment? - No.
那么 你在处理犯罪现场时
So,your condition didn't impose any-any limits to the chemicals you could use
有没有什么药剂是不能用的?
in processing the crime scene?
没有 我收集的所有物证都打包贴标
No,all the evidence I collected was bagged and tagged,
所有的检测都由专家进行
and all the tests were conducted by the experts.
他们和你一样是维加斯警局的雇员
Who,like yourself, are all employees of the Las Vegas Police Department and,
倾向于给出警方想要的结果
therefore,inclined to give their employer the answers they want.
我不相信你们实验室的检测结果
I don't trust your lab results.
所以你有权聘请你信任的专家
Which is why you can exercise your right to hire the expert of your choosing
复查物证
to reexamine the evidence.
对 我自掏腰包
Right,at my own expense.
这18来我可没挣几个钱
You see,I haven't earned that much money in the last 18 years.
我从冷藏库里取了 Thomas Harrot的血液样本
I got the blood exemplar for Thomas Harrot from cold storage,
但那时实验室还没有DNA检测 Catherine得取份嫌犯的口腔上皮样本
but the lab wasn't doing DNA back then, so Catherine's got to get a buccal sample from the suspect.
你在找什么?
What are you looking for?
Catherine化验的血渍与死者相符
The blood stains that Catherine analyzed are consistent with the victim,
但直到1995年实验室才有可变光源
but the lab didn't have ALS until 1995.
所以我想可能有属于嫌犯的血迹
So,I'm thinking it's possible that there was an area of non-visible blood from the suspect
Catherine当时找不到
that Catherine couldn't see.
你看那像什么?
What does that look like to you?
一枚巨型精♥子♥
A giant sperm cell.
或者是个大逗号♥
Maybe a big comma.
Catherine没找到凶器 但她一直怀疑凶器是把锤子
Catherine never recovered the murder weapon, but she always suspected that it was a hammer.
说到物证 依据美国罪证化验所 所长协会(ASCLD)规定
Speaking of evidence, per the ASCLD regulations,
所有现行物证检测必须遵循 2009年度鉴证检验标准
all current evidence examinations must meet the 2009 forensic standards.
你工作准备的不错
You've done your homework.
本案中唯一与我有关的物证
Which brings me to the only physical piece of eviden we have in this case,
你声称在Harrot先生的卧室找到的 那块标号♥CW2的石头
which is item number CW-2, the rock which you claim you found in Mr. Harrot's living room.
因为点对比法的五个点就对我定罪
Now,I was convicted on a five point of minutia match, which,
根据ASCLD的规定 在今日 这远不是决定性证据
per ASCLD regulations, is far from conclusive today.
证据的偏见成分超越了证据效力
Which makes the print more prejudicial than probative.
我坚信那枚指纹属于 杀死Thomas Harrot的真凶
I maintain that that print belongs to the real killer of Thomas Harrot.
我正在提交动议 申请撤销那块石头为物证
And I am filing a motion with the court to have the rock excluded.
你还有其他证据吗? 有没有?
Have you got anything else? Yes or no?
员工在楼内必须亮明身份
EMPLOYEES******
嘿 有大♥麻♥烦了
Hey,we got a big problem.
比犯罪率上升和预算缩水还严重?
Bigger than,crime is up, and our budget is down?
Jeremy Kent要提交动议 排除唯一与他相关的物证
Jeremy Kent is filing a motion to throw out the only physical evidence linking him to the crime scene.
- 那块臭名昭著的石头? - 对
- Ah,the infamous rock,huh? - Yeah.
副检察官说这由法官决定
ADA says that it could be up to the judge.
指纹脊线没了? 断了?
Was your ridge structure faded or broken?
你有几分把握确认凶犯?
How strong are your points of identification?
- 足以确认身份 给他定罪了 - Catherine
- Well,strong enough to confirm an ID and get a conviction. - Catherine.
好吧 指纹并不清晰 比对起来很困难
Okay. It wasn't a road map. It was a difficult comparison.
那别把这事弄砸了
Then,let's not take a chance on losing this.
知道 知道 回去研究那石头去
Oh,I know. I know. Go back to the rock.
我重新检查了那块石头
I reexamined the rock.
用Photoshop放大了指纹脊线 91年那会儿可没这技术
Enhanced the ridge detail in Photoshop, which we didn't have in '91.
在中心发现了一处独特印记 与Kent十指指纹卡的记录相符
I developed a unique pattern within the core and matched it to Kent's ten card print.
是个笑脸?
Is that a smiley face?
这可不常见
You don't see those every day.
他撒谎了 他就在现场
He lied. He was there.
我也有所发现 是我的一个想法
I have something,too. It's a theory.
我们得回现场一趟
Um,we'll need to go back to the scene.
鞋尖比鞋跟深 这说明...
The toe end of the impression was deeper than the heel end, which tells me...
前掌比脚跟更用力
that the toe exerted more pressure than the heel.
如果Kent只是站在这儿 就不会这样
Which wouldn't have been the case if Kent was just standing here.
他多高?
How tall is he?
跟你差不多
He's about your height.
我看不到围墙后面 除非...
I can't see over the fence,unless...
我没想到这点
I missed that.
邻居家的感应灯亮过 对吧?
The neighbors' motion sensor light went off,right?
是的
Yes.
但他们院子里没有嫌犯的痕迹?
But you found no evidence of the suspect being in their yard?
没错
Right.
总得有什么让灯亮了 也许他...
Yet something had to set it off. Maybe he...
也许他把凶器丢过去了
Maybe he tossed the weapon.
我搜查了院子 第二天又查了一遍 只是...
Well,I searched the yard, and I went back the next day and searched it again,and...
Grissom教我的第一件事是-- 人们从不往上看
The first thing Grissom taught me-- people never look up.
Ray!
Ray!
我见过很多奇奇怪怪的事 但这绝对能名列前茅
I've seen some crazy stuff in my day, but this has got to take the prize.
- 树里血淋淋的锤子 - 可不
- Smoking hammer in a tree. - Yes.
还记得这树在91年有多高吗?
You remember how tall this tree was back in '91?
我想就比房♥檐矮一点
I think it was just below the roof line.
法官绝不会相信的 除非我们明明白白展示出来
Jury's never gonna believe this unless we document the hell out of it.
我们去拿摄像机和锯子吧
So,let's go back and get the video camera and the chain saw.
我把录像带的拷贝 给检察官办公室送去了
I sent a copy of the videotape over to the DA's office.
我们可能找到了 沾有死者血迹的Kent的指纹
I think we may have Kent's prints in the victim's blood.
这些年来树皮肯定牢牢包着指纹 就像块化石
Over time, the bark must have encapsulated the prints like a fossil.
Ray 如果这是凶器 Kent就百口莫辩了
Ray,if this is the murder weapon, we have Kent dead to rights.
Wendy说凶器上的血迹 确实属于Thomas Harrot
According to Wendy, the blood on the murder weapon was from Thomas Harrot.
一切都连起来了
It's all coming together.
说结果
Just give me the results.
我明白的 你不爽 是因为当年漏了些东西没发现
I get it. You're a little touchy because you missed something the first time.
漏了凶器这么关键的东西
Murder weapon, which was your whole case.
但时至今日 Catherine Willows 你是个大姐大
But,as of now, Catherine Willows, you are a rock star.
我要对法官说什么?
Am I going to be able to explain this to the jury?
有必要的话 我可以出庭作证 好吗?
You know,I'm available for court testimony,if need. Okay?
首先 我化学检测了金属部分 发现了三氧化二铁
Now,first,I chemically tested the metal part of the hammer, and I found ferric oxide.
虽然不够具体 但能表明这把锤子
While not specific, it does indicate that the hammer
已经在空气中暴露了很长的时间
was exposed to the elements for a long period of time.
然后 我比对原始案发现场的照片
Next,I documented the growth of the tree around the hammer
和你今天带回的照片
using photos from the original crime scene,
证明了包裹锤子的树的生长情况
and the photos that you took today.
海岸栎 沙漠木麻黄 每年约长高6到8英寸
Quercus agrifolia-- desert oak-- grows about six to eight inches a year,
所以你那棵树在18年内 差不多长高了9英尺
which means that your tree probably grew about nine feet in 18 years.
在此期间 树皮在锤子周围长成一圈
A bark collar grew around the hammer during that period of time,
证明锤子这么多年一直都在树上
which confirms that the hammer was in the tree for many years.
因此 没人能非难这是你栽赃的
And therefore,no one can accuse you of planting it.
不好意思 又说冷笑话了
Pardon the pun.
不幸的是 技术上不可能 得到可用的指纹或DNA
Unfortunately, the scientific improbability of getting a viable print or DNA
就是另一个问题了 不过呢...
is a completely separate issue, but...
我挺你
I'll back you.
够义气
Good to know.
- 嘿 Catherine - 锤子上提出可用指纹了?
- Hey,Catherine. - Did you get any usable prints off the hammer?
对 找到两枚
Yeah. Two.
- 都不符合Jeremy Kent - 什么?
- Neither one of them is a match to Jeremy Kent. - What?
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表