另一通就是助理所说的 午夜时打的电♥话♥
And the other one to her chaperone to say good night around midnight.
转到了语♥音♥信箱
Went to voice mail.
赌场的监控录像显示助理 整夜都在企图把本赚回来
Casino surveillance says that the chaperone stayed up all night trying to win a progressive.
8点之后 她在网上寻找 做人流的诊所
From about 8:00 on, she was looking up abortion clinics.
但她似乎改变了主意 开始搜索领养机构的网站
It looks like she had a change of heart; started checking out adoption agencies.
真是个迷途少女
Sounds like a confused kid.
Kip和Layla深陷热恋?
Kip and Layla in Love??
按我说 他们挺配的
Well, it looks like they're a cute couple, I'll give you that,
但我不明白为什么每个人 都喜欢看这节目
but what I don't get is why anybody wants to watch that show--
我就不看 是什么来着? 才艺大♥比♥拼?
I don't. It's a talent contest?
根本是自取其辱
It's more like a humiliation ritual.
这点你最了解了
Well, you'd know about that.
那个头发蓬起来的小子Ajaya
All right. So, you want to know why that kid Ajaya with the fluffy hair,
唱歌♥跟生锈的铰链似的 知道他是怎么进的四强吗?
sings like a hinge, why he got into the semifinals?
全靠我和另外一万个歌♥迷每周 在网上为他疯狂投票
Me and 10,000 other guys vote for him every week on the Internet.
如果你不看比赛 怎么会知道他?
But if you don't watch, how do you know about him?
平时闲聊啊 八卦啊
Oh, you know, water cooler talk, gossip.
原来如此...
Right. Well...
这些是从八卦里听不到的
here's something the gossips don't have.
好 这是那个羞辱人的家伙
Okay, there's the humiliator.
Layla在午夜后也离开了巴勒莫
Layla left the Palermo, too, just after midnight.
两分钟之后...
Two minutes later...
是Kip
Kip follows.
你和Layla想找时间相处一定很困难
It must've been pretty hard for you and Layla to find some time together.
被老爸监视着 没法调情
You know, can't get your mojo workin' when Daddy's lurkin'.
所以你就这样? 等到半夜老爸睡了
So what did you do?You waited till midnight, Dad's asleep,
你们先后乘电梯下去 然后呢?
and you take separate elevators down... then what?
Layla在一个很乱的街区被发现
Layla was found in a pretty tough neighborhood.
你们在那干什么 吸毒?
What were you doing over there, scoring drugs?
他不吸毒
He doesn't do drugs.
或许是去做地下人流
Or maybe it was to get a back-alley abortion.
什么?
What?
Layla已经怀孕八周了 我说对了吧?
Layla was eight weeks pregnant-- am I right?
父亲是谁? 你吗?
And who's the daddy? You?
一派胡言
The hell it was.
我不是在问你 Kip
I'm not talking to you. Kip...
闭嘴 闭...嘴
Just shut up. Just... shut up.
我们需要你的DNA样本
We're going to need a DNA sample.
没门 别折磨我儿子了
No way. You're done abusing my kid.
你也是 坐下 把他带去大厅
And so are you. Sit down. Take him out in the hall.
- 你们不能这么做 - 爸...
- You can't do this. - Dad...
嘿 看这个
Hey, check it out.
我知道你和Kip在死亡时刻后回到酒店
I've got you and Kip returning to the hotel after the time of the murder.
你们是一伙吧?
You're like a team, right?
共同参与 五五分账
You're in it together, 50-50.
这场比赛 职业 未来收入
You know, the contest, the career, and future earnings.
会是一大笔钱
It's a lot of money.
这就是动机吗 为了钱?
And that's what this is about, right? The money?
三千万人每周收看我儿子唱歌♥
30 million people tune in to hear my kid sing every week.
有多少人想看你?
How many people want to watch you?
你们巡回参赛已经四个月了
So you're on the road four months?
你的工作怎么办?
How'd you work that out with your job?
我休假了
I took a leave of absence.
美国海军
Come on, sailor, you abandoned ship.
别扯了 水手 你弃了船
你辞了工作 供着次贷的房♥子
You quit your job, got a second mortgage on your house.
要是Kip出局 你就完了 我理解你会为他掩饰
If Kip screws up, you're wiped out, so I can understand how you'd cover up for him,
或者你铤而走险自己杀了她
and maybe you're even desperate enough to kill her yourself.
我分♥析♥了Robbins医生送来的 胎儿脐带组织
So I ran that fetal cord tissue that Doc Robbins sent over.
排除了母亲的部分 剩下的就属于父亲
I subtracted out the mother's profile, leaving what has to be the father's contribution,
和Kip Westerman的样本不符
and it didn't match the sample from Kip Westerman.
所以他不是Layla孩子的父亲
So he's not the father of Layla's baby.
不过通过DNA系统检索
No, but then I ran those alleles through CODIS and...
我找到了
I got a hit.
Marvin Fleck
Marvin Fleck.
2002年在南加州被起诉
In the system from charges in North Carolina in 2002.
你记得这个Marvin吗?
Do you recognize Marvin?
Drew Rich?
Drew Rich?
是啊 他和未成年人有性行为 十五岁女孩
Yeah, he had sex with a minor-- she was 15 years old--
后来她改变了证词 起诉被撤销
but then she changed her story, so the charges were dropped.
打赌是被他收买♥♥了
Want to bet he paid her off?
天资和野心是Layla Wells家的传统
Talent and ambition ran in Layla Wells's family.
她的外婆Jasmine是拉斯维加斯舞♥女♥
Her grandmother Jasmine was a Las Vegas showgirl
她给Layla上了第一堂花样溜冰课
who gave Layla her first figure-skating classes.
很可惜 Layla的奶奶没有活着看到
Sadly, Layla's grandmother didn't live to see her come so close
她即将成为美国下一个 "一夜成名"巨星
to becoming America's next Overnight Sensation.
我妈妈不赞成从事表演事业
My mama didn't approve of show business.
我们经常为这个吵架 所以我搬去和外婆一起住
We were always fighting about it, so I went to live with my grandma.
删掉冰上芭蕾 给我更多哭的镜头
Trim the ice ballet, give me some more shots where she's crying.
要更多煽情场面 伙计
We need to see some more emotion, man.
- Rich先生 - 没空
- Mr. Rich. - Later.
Marvin
Marvin.
我在7点15左右离开彩排现场
I left rehearsal around 7:15.
独自回到房♥间
I went back to my room alone.
我需要时间思考
I needed some time to think.
思考怎么让Layla怀孕了?
Is thinking what got Layla pregnant?
就算这些孩子看起来无辜 但他们不是
These kids might seem like innocents, but they're not.
他们是一流的操纵者 有着郊狼般的生存本能
They are first-class manipulators with the survival instincts of a coyote.
我告诉Layla我会付流产的钱 她同意了
I told Layla I'd pay for an abortion, and she agreed,
只要她能赢得比赛
as long as she won the competition.
我不喜欢被勒索
I don't like being blackmailed.
听起来像是动机
Sounds like motive.
不等于我杀了他
Doesn't mean I killed her.
我们知道你在午夜离开巴勒莫
We know you left the Palermo around midnight.
可20分钟后 你的信♥用♥卡♥ 在忧郁麦当娜汽车旅馆消费
About 20 minutes later, your credit card was used at the Blue Madonna Motel.
我没和Layla在一起
I wasn't with Layla.
她的尸体就在三个街区外
Her body was found three blocks from there.
你受过一次强♥奸♥指控
You beat rape charges once.
也许你担心第二次不会那么幸运
Maybe you thought you wouldn't be so lucky a second time.
这太可笑了 听着... 当时我和妓♥女♥在一起 行了吗?
This is ridiculous. Look... I was with a hooker. All right?
Layla怀了你的孩子 这是法定的强♥奸♥
Layla was pregnant with your child. That's statutory rape.
内华达州的性行为许可年龄是16岁
Age of consent in Nevada is 16.
不是 让你律师再查查律法吧
No, have your lawyer look at the statute again.
权力部门的人不在此例
There's an exception when a person is in a position of authority with a teenager--
比如"制片主管" 来吧 我们走
like "executive producer." Come on, let's go.
鲸蜡
Spermaceti.
一种从抹香鲸头上提取的油脂
An oil found in the heads of sperm whales.
嗯 当它冷下来 就变成蜡
Mm-hmm, and when it cools, it becomes a wax.
那女孩涂的口红以鲸蜡为主料
The lipstick that the dead girl was wearing had a spermaceti wax base.
抹香鲸禁捕令颁布有20年了
There's been a ban on sperm whaling for 20 years.
是啊 说明那口红非常旧
Yeah, which means that the lipstick is very old.
但口红里还有更诡异的东西
You know, spermaceti is not the weirdest thing found in lipstick.
古希腊人用唾液 绵羊汗 和鳄鱼粪做口红
The ancient Greeks made theirs out of saliva, sheep sweat, and crocodile excrement.
她饭店房♥间里的化妆品有含鲸蜡的吗?
Did any of the makeup in her hotel room contain spermaceti?
没有 但让人感兴趣的是
No, but there were intriguingly analogous results from, believe it or not...
桌布里同样有特殊的成分 看一下
the tablecloth. Take a look.
石棉?
Asbestos?
一种很特别的石棉 叫Amocite
Specific type of asbestos called amocite.
它的粒子由蛭石和纤维素组成
Its particles are bound together by vermiculite and cellulose,
一种喷制天花板的材料
a combination found in spray-on ceilings.
这种材料已经二三十年没人用了
That type of ceiling material hasn't been used in 20 or 30 years.
就好像是受害者穿越时空隧♥道♥
You know, it's as if your victim found a hole in the time-space continuum
在几十年前被杀
and was murdered decades ago.
了不起的理论 Dave 谢了
Brilliant theory, Dave. Thanks.
谢你才是
Thank you.
这就是50年前的长街
So this was the Strip 50 years ago.
当年我爸看到的维加斯
The Vegas my dad came to.
现在任何一家大饭店的房♥间 比这些的总和还多
Now, any one of the big hotels has more rooms than all these put together.
似乎所有采用牧场亚麻的老赌场 都被拆了
Nearly all the old casinos that Rancho Linen serviced have been torn down.
除了西边这一家
Except for this one, on the west side.
是Layla的尸体被发现的地方
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表