Fox Mulder. Is your husband home?
福克斯·穆德 你的丈夫在家吗
It's okay, honey. It'll just be a minute. Sure thing.
没事 亲爱的 就一小会儿 好的
I really shouldn't be talking to you without our lawyers.
没有我的律师们在场 我是不该和你交谈的
I understand your reluctance to talk, sir.
我理解这对你很勉强 先生
You have a nice family, a lot to lose.
你有个美好的家庭 代价太高
What do you want, Agent Mulder?
你想要什么 穆德探员
There's been another victim... Thomas Gastall.
又有了一名受害者 叫托马斯·盖思脱
Died exactly the same way Scobie did.
和斯科比博士的死法一摸一样
I'm sorry to hear that.
我很遗憾
But what's that got to do with me?
但这跟我有什么关系
Well, we found these all over him.
我们发现他满身都是这个
I believe that that's what killed both men.
我相信就是这东西杀了他们两人
Tobacco beetle. It's an herbivore.
烟甲虫 它是草食类的
It eats tobacco.Hence its name.
它只吃烟草 因此而得名
I understand that,but... maybe these don't.
我懂 但是…… 也许这些不是
I'm not really required to talk to you, am I? No.
我不是必须要与你谈话 对吗 对
But why are you hiding behind your lawyers, Doctor?
但你为什么要躲在律师的后面 博士
How many people have to die
还要死多少人
before you do the right thing?
你才肯走到正路上来
I'll get it!
我来接
Hello? What did he want?
喂 他想干什么
Are you spying on me? I'm not spying on you, Peter.
你在监视我吗 我不是在监视你 彼得
I'm looking out for you. What did he want?
我是在照料你 他想干什么
There's been another death... downtown.
又死了一个 在市区
How did it happen? I don't know. I don't know.
怎么发生的 我不知道 不知道
This has gone on long enough.
不能再这样下去了
We should come forward. I should.
我们该采取主动……我应该
Do you hear what you're saying, Peter?
听听你自己在说些什么 彼得
Now, I want you to just take a moment.
现在我要你冷静下来 花点儿时间…
I want you to think about what really matters to you.
…好好想想 什么是对你真正重要的
Now tell me where I can find Darryl Weaver.
现在告诉我怎么找到达里尔·韦弗
Why? This was my mistake. I'll clean it up.
为什么 这是我犯下的错 我要把它处理好
I don't know where he is.
我不知道他在哪儿
This doesn't make sense.
这不可能
What doesn't make sense?
什么不可能
Well, it's a Lasioderma serricorne... A tobacco beetle.
这的确是lasioderma serricorne(学名) 一种烟甲虫
Only I've never seen one exactly like this.
只是我从没见过 像这只一样的
Hmm. What are the differences?
有何区别呢
Physical differences.
身体构造上的差别…
Minor, but definitely notable.
微小 但十分突出
Deviations in the mandibles, the antennae,
它的上颚、触须和身体分节
the body segmentation.
都是畸形的
What if such deviations arose from genetic engineering?
如果说这些畸形 是由基因工程引发的呢
Engineering the bugs themselves? No.
对虫子本身的基因改造 不是
I was actually thinking about another possibility...
我考虑的是另一种可能--
transgenomics.
传递变异
Which is? It's a form of DNA manipulation...
什么意思 是改变DNA的一种途径…
alterations made on the genetic level.
在基因层次上引发变异
It is pretty widely known that tobacco companies
众所周知 烟草公♥司♥投入了
have been pouring money...
大量资金…
into that kind of research.
…进行着一项研究
Changing the tobacco plant itself
希望通过改变烟草植物本身
in order to make it heartier,
来使其更有活力
give it less nicotine, more nicotine,
让它能少含有、 或多含有尼古丁
make it naturally menthol flavored.
或让它有天然的薄荷香味
You name it. A form of what... super tobacco?
随你心意 算什么呢 “超级烟草”
Which possibly could have created super bugs.
而很可能随之而生的 就是超级虫子
I guess the real question is,
我想现在最大的问题应该是
could they have become dangerous to humans?
它们会不会对人类构成危害
Mr. Weaver!
韦弗先生
Mr. Weaver!
韦弗先生
Sorry, Doc. No vacancy.
抱歉 博士 客满了
What happened there?
那里发生什么事
Well, you tell me.
你该清楚啊
You're the one with the PhD.
博士学位是你拿的
I'm just a big old guinea pig.
我只是只做实验用的大白鼠而已
Uh, listen.
现在你听好…
Um, you have to leave town.
你必须出城去
And give up all this?
要我放弃所有这些
Me not doin' my part for science?
不用为科学 尽我的一份力量了
Here.
给
Take it. It's everything I have in the bank.
拿去 这是我所有的存款了
Four thousand.
4千块
It's not much, but, uh, it's a start.
不是很多 不过 算是个开头吧
W-W-Wait a minute. I'm not kidding.
等、等一下 我不是开玩笑
You gotta get out of here.
你一定要离开这里
Why?
为什么
I got a good thing goin' here.
我在这儿混得挺好
I got cash money.
能拿到钞票
I got all the coffin nails I can suck down.
又能抽到 我想要的烟卷儿
Although, lately,
尽管说 近来……
I've been thinkin' this particular brand,
我觉得这个牌子的烟…
it doesn't, uh, do anyone else any favors,
…对其他人没什么好处
health-wise.
从健康角度来看
You thinkin' that too, huh?
你也是这么觉得吧 嗯
Would it bother you if I lit one up?
如果我点上一支 会让你有麻烦吗
Toodles.
再会
No, you... you don't understand.
不 你、你没搞清楚
Morley is a multibillion dollar global corporation.
摩利是家有着几十亿资产的 全球性企业
You think they're gonna let you endanger that,huh?
你想他们会任凭你危及到它吗
They'll kill you first.
他们会先杀了你
Well, it sounds like a Darryl Weaver problem to me.
听起来像是我自己的事
Yeah, uh...
是吗……
What am I looking at?
我看到的是什么
Thomas Gastall's left lung and bronchus.
托马斯·盖思脱的 左肺和支气管
Well, I guess that explains where the beetles came from.
这就解释了那些甲虫 是从哪儿来的
Hey, Mulder. Where have you been?
嘿 穆德 你去哪儿了
Talking to lawyers over at Justice
在法庭和律师讲理
tryin' to get a look at Morley's files.
希望能看一下摩利公♥司♥的资料
Well, take a look at this.
来看一下这个吧
They're the larval stage of the tobacco beetle, Mulder.
它们是烟甲虫的幼虫阶段 穆德
And somehow they have ended up nesting
并且已经把托马斯·盖思脱的肺
in Thomas Gastall's lungs.
当成了巢穴
But what doesn't make any sense is why Scobie's lungs
奇怪为什么在斯科比的肺里
didn't show this same condition.
没有发现同样的情况
The larvae must pupate inside the lungs,
这些幼虫一定是 在肺中完成化蛹
and then once they mature into beetles,
当它们长为成虫后
exit the body en masse.
便会全体遗弃寄主
That explains the condition of the face and throat.
这就解释了受害者 脸部和喉咙的状况
Only how did they get into the lungs to begin with?
只是它们最开始是 如何进入肺部的呢
Mulder?
穆德
How is he?
他怎么样
They're using a deep suction technique
他们在使用一种深吸技术
that's been designed for asthma and cystic fibrosis.
是为治疗哮喘和囊性纤维变性设计的
And so far, we're having some luck at clearing his lungs.
目前来看 对他的肺的清理 也是比较顺利的
But? For every one
但是 在他的肺部组织里…
of those things that are in his lung tissue,
…可能每只虫子都
there may be a dozen eggs that have yet to be hatched.
留下了一打尚未孵化的卵
Eggs? His pulmonary tissue is riddled with them.
卵 他的肺组织塞满了虫卵
And they're going to hatch. It's just, uh,
而它们是会孵化的 只不过……
we're buying time.
我们只是在争取时间
How did this happen? These eggs,
怎么会这样呢 那些卵
how'd they get into his lungs?
是怎样进入他的肺的
I'm thinking he inhaled them.
我想可能是他吸入的
Well, the tobacco beetle lives out its life cycle on
烟甲虫整个生命周期都
or around the tobacco plant.
围绕着烟草植物度过
That's where it lays its eggs.
那里是它们产卵的地方
If those genetically-altered beetles that we found did that,
如果我们发现的这些变种甲虫 曾经在烟草上产卵
then maybe the eggs survived
那些卵可能在加工过程中幸存下来
the processing into cigarettes.
最后进入到香烟中
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表