the absolute best magic the world had ever seen.
表演世界上最神奇魔术
The difference was, I knew we'd never get there,
我们意见不同的事 我知道我们永远也做不到
but he always believed we would.
但他总相信可以
We didn't talk much after I quit the act.
我离开以后很少和他说话
I have a theory, Mr. Pinchbeck,
我有个推测 平奇先生
and I'm gonna tell you how it goes.
我想告诉你我的想法
I think that your brother Herman died of heart disease...
你弟死于心脏病
having never made it as the world's greatest magician.
该病使他无法成为最伟大魔术师
I think that hurt you,
正像他的疏远一样
just as your estrangement from him hurt you.
伤害了你
I think what you did was perform his last act for him.
我认为你为他表演了最后一次
One last act for which he'd always be remembered.
让他永远被流传..
One last act that would end with such a shock,
以震惊结尾
such a denouement,
收场..
as would be forever remembered in the annals of magic.
会在魔术记录中永远被记住
That's what I think.
这是我认为的
I so wish that were true.
我希望是真的
It was a very bad car accident in Mexico.
墨西哥那场车祸非常严重
Oy! No kidding.
喂 别开玩笑
What now?
现在怎办
A guy's head falls off, it's the greatest trick in the world.
人头落地是全世界最伟大戏法
When there's no discernible point to it,
让大家都查不出原因
what's the reason for doing that in the first place?
难道是这个把戏的初衷
Well, why do people do magic?
为什么人们玩魔术
To impress, to delight, to gain attention.
为了吸引人的注意
Well, this one's gaining mostly police attention.
也获得警♥察♥的注意
Maybe that's the point.
也许这是关键
Well, maybe we should consult an expert...
也许我们该请教专家
someone who knows magic,
他懂得魔术
who's seen the greatest trick in the world.
并见过最伟大魔术
Maybe he can help us figure that out.
也许他能帮我们
Mozart. Yeah.
莫扎特 是啊
What's in it for me?
有什么能给我的
I mean, let's say I help you out. What do I get in return?
我的意思是 我帮你对我有什么好处
The feeling of pride that comes from performing
尽市民义务
your civic duty?
的自豪
How 'bout the chance...
给你个机会..
to root through the professional
揭开你最后一个
secrets of your least favorite magician?
崇拜的魔术师秘密
Good for a laugh, I guess.
很好笑
Man, it's worse than I thought.
比我想的还糟
You gotta feed those things, you know.
你们得喂这些东西
So...
所以
Maleeni wasn't murdered. It would seem not.
马力尼不是被杀的 好像不是
So someone impersonated him and his crappy act.
有人扮演他 并演他的魔术
It's impressive.
令人印象深刻
I'd say the twin brother did it, but I don't think...
我认为是他双胞胎兄弟干的 但我不认为..
he's any better a magician than Maleeni was.
他是比马力尼更棒的魔术师
There's that, and he's got no legs.
正是 而且他也没有腿
Yeah. Whatever.
是的
Anyway, we're looking for
总之 我们在找
a magician with the same height and build.
相同重量和体格的魔术师
A good makeup job and the right wig,
有高超易容术和假发
and no one would know the difference.
让人分辨不出真假
Not even you, I guess.
我猜不会是你
I had a couple of Jell-O shots in me.
我只有两个果冻杯
Hey, how did this impersonator switch out the dead body?
这个人怎么把死者尸体换出来呢
With ease. You're gonna kick yourselves
很简单 我表演给你看
when I show you how he did this, it's so simple.
你会发现那太容易了
Because magic is all about... misdirection.
因为魔术是错误引导
Your impersonator simply
那个人首先确定
made sure everyone was looking the other way...
所有人正在看着其它地方...
when he pulled Maleeni's body from
当他从隐藏处
its secret hiding place...
搬出尸体时..
underneath...
就在地下
the floor.
地板下
Man, this guy's good.
这家伙很棒
Well, thanks for your expert opinion.
谢谢你的专家意见
I guess we're right back where we started.
也许我们回到了起点
Maybe not.
也许不是
You said that, uh, the Amazing Maleeni
你说神奇马力尼
had some gambling debts?
欠有赌债
Yeah, that's what I heard.
我听说的
Check this out. Looks like a marker.
看看这个 像张借据
$20,000. Pinchbeck.
2万美元 平奇
What would this be doing in Maleeni's van?
为什么这在马力尼车里
Thank you, Mr. Pinchbeck.
谢谢你 平奇先生
If you could sign here for me.
请在这签名
With pleasure.
我很乐意
Anthony, what kind of gun is that?
安东尼 这是什么枪
Glock 17,.9 millimeter.
克拉克17.9厘米口径
I've been thinking of maybe buying one since my accident.
我车祸前曾经想过买♥♥一把
Well, here. Take a look.
给你看一下
Hmm.
好
Gosh, it's heavier than I would've thought.
比我想象的重
Thank you, Anthony, Marvin.
谢谢 安东尼 马文
If you ever want, I'll take you to the shooting range.
若你想要 我带你去试枪
Have a good one, Mr. Pinchbeck.
再见 平奇
You too.
再见
Hello, may I help you?
我能帮你吗
Damn, you look just like him. I'm sorry?
该死 你看起来真像他 抱歉
Your no-good, malapaga brother...
你的烂兄弟..
died owing me money...
死时欠我钱..
a lot of money.
很多钱
You're gonna make good. I'm sorry,
你得帮他偿还 抱歉
but my, uh, brother's debts are his own.
我兄弟的债务是他自己的
I said, you're gonna make good,
我说 你得帮他还
'cause me and my friends, we know where you live.
因为我和朋友知道你住哪
That sound like the rear diff? Pull over.
这声音好像怪怪的 靠边停下
Stay here and call it in. I'll check it out.
待在这联络他们 我去看一下
We got a problem with the rear diff.
我们有麻烦
We're on Fourth and Main.
在第四大道
Checking it out is Anthony.
安东尼去检查
You! In the truck! Get up where I can see you.
你 卡车里的 起来让我看到你
Hands where I can see them!
把手伸出来
Up! Hands up.
起来 举起手来
All right. Get out.
好 出来
Mister, get out...
先生 出来
Hey, I got a guy down back here!
我找到一个家伙
It was a guy with tattoos! I shot him four times!
那家伙有纹身 我射了他四枪
I don't understand. He was right here.
我不明白 他刚才在这..
It's your handwriting, is it not?
是你的笔迹吗
Mr. Alvarez, please answer the question.
阿♥拉♥维斯先生 请回答问题
That ain't mine. I don't know where you got that.
不是我的 我不知道你从哪里拿来的
It's interesting. Yours are the only fingerprints on it.
很有趣 上面只有你的指纹
We ran it through the California Criminal History Database,
我们加州罪犯数据库查出来的
to which you seem to be quite well known.
你应该知道那数据库
So it's my marker.
是我的借据
So Pinchbeck owed me money.
平奇欠我钱
It was a friendly game of poker.
是扑克友谊赛
Very friendly. $20,000 friendly.
非常有友谊 2万元的友谊
Where did you find that? In Herman Pinchbeck's van.
你们在哪找到的 平奇的车里
Where were you last Thursday?
上周四你在哪
Here. All day. Ask 'em.
这里 一整天 你可以问问他们
What is it you think I did to Pinchbeck, huh?
你认为我对平奇做了什么
What's in it for me? If I kill him, he ain't gonna pay me.
对我有什么好处 如果我杀了他 他就还不了钱给我
Why did you play with him in the first place?
最初为什么你要和他赌
You knew he was a professional magician.
你应该知道他是职业魔术师
I didn't know what he was.
我不知道他是什么人
And he sure as hell couldn't play worth a damn.
他玩得很差
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表