Let her go!
放开她
晚上11:22
麦克明县治安所
Your FBI partner could have learned something about herself
如果你不阻止我的话
if you hadn't have stopped me.
你的拍档会了解一些东西
Some powerful good news, maybe.
也许是一些爆♥炸♥性的消息
I'd say it's good news for you that she's not here right now,
有个好消息给你 她不在这
considering what you tried to do to her.
想想你要对她做的事
Is that what you did to your wife
也是你对你太太做过的
Alice O'Connor.
艾莉丝
Succumbed to multiple snake bites in June 1994.
1994年6月死于多处蛇咬
It happened during a church service.
在一次教会礼拜中发生的..
or at least, that's what you told local police.
至少 是你对当地警♥察♥说的
You got away with it.
你逃脱了..
almost.
几乎是
What was, uh, the problem with your wife
你和太太有什么问题
Was she not. righteous enough for you
她对你不够正义
Just like your daughter's boyfriend. or Iris Finster
就你像你女儿的男朋友 或者是艾利丝
Educated man. Too smart to know any better.
读过点书啊 你别自作聪明
Smart enough to know you're a murderer.
够聪明知道你是凶手
Satan is near, and you don't even have eyes.
撒旦来了 你甚至看不到它
You're just proud and fancy free.
你只有傲慢和盲目的乐观
Man, no one quite passes muster with you, huh
没人能通过你的检阅 是吗
You feel the need to exact some kind of
你觉得需要用旧约的
Old Testament revenge
测试方法
What about your daughter? What were your plans for her?
你女儿怎样 你有什么计划
I pray for her soul.
我为她灵魂祈祷
I pray and I pray, because she's lost.
我祈祷又祈祷 因为她迷失了
Because she no longer believes as you do
因为她不再相信你了
You think because you're educated,
你以为你受过教育
you're better than most You ain't.
就比别人出色 不是的
Unless you're smart down here.
除非你聪明的是这里..
the devil's gonna make a fool of you,
邪恶将会愚弄你
and you ain't even gonna know it.
而你甚至没有感觉
I changed my mind. I don't want to see him.
我改变了心意 我不想见他了
Besides, I won't do any
而且我也无法
better than you people at getting him to talk.
比你们让他说更多的话
Gracie.
格瑞丝
You still don't believe your father did it
你仍然不信是你♥爸♥做的
It don't matter what I believe.
我相信什么不重要
He'll be judged as he deserves.
他将罪有应得
Can't nobody avoid it.
无人能避免
Help me, Jesus.
救我 上帝
Deputy found him about an hour ago.
警员一小时前发现他
There's no telling when he was attacked.
他被袭击时 没大声求救
I guess it's looking less and less like he's a suspect.
我猜他看起来越来越没有嫌疑
Unless he somehow managed to do this to himself.
除非他命令蛇对自己这么做..
as a test of his own righteousness.
作为他自己正义的测试
Well, if so, Mulder, the jury's still out.
嗯 穆德 如果陪审团还没有做出裁决呢
I just spoke to his doctors.
我刚和他医生谈过
It's a tossup as to whether he's
难以判断他能否
gonna pull through this.
脱离危险
What about antivenin treatment
怎么不试试血清呢
He's not receiving it. Why not
他不接受 为什么不
Gracie stepped in. She's
格瑞丝要求的
trying to forbid treatment on religious grounds.
她以宗教理由拒绝治疗
It's not clear whether she
不清楚她是否有权利
has a legal claim to do it, but she says that.
但她说..
it's up to God as to whether he lives or dies.
他的生死取决于上帝
And you're thinking that
你认为她的举动
her actions may not be entirely motivated.
也许不是受..
by concern for her father's eternal soul
被她父亲永远不变的灵魂所驱使
Well, more to the point, Mulder, what if she did this
很接近关键 穆德 如果是她做的呢
She told me that her father
她告诉我说她父亲
would be judged as he deserves.
罪有应得
You think this is what she meant
你认为她指这个
She grew up around snakes.
她在蛇群中长大
Who's to say she isn't
也许她
every bit as adept at handling them as he is
也是操控蛇的熟手
I can see her being angry enough at her father
我可以理解她很恨她的父亲
to attack him,
而攻击他
but what about the others
但是其它人呢
He left in a hurry. Packed one suitcase and a gun.
他是匆匆离开的 拿着一个皮箱和手♥枪♥
Earlier that night he calls Gracie,
那晚之前他打电♥话♥给格瑞丝
gets Iris instead and starts rambling
和艾莉谈到
about paying for his sins.
他要偿罪
He's frightened and wants to leave town,
他很害怕 想离开镇上
presumably with Gracie.
也许和格瑞丝一起
So what's he scared of
他怕什么
I don't understand how O'Connor's church.
我不理解奥康纳的教会..
exerts a strong pull on these people.
如何施法在这些人身上
It's not so hard to understand.
不难理解
It's a culture with a very well-defined set of rules.
那是一个严格法条的文化
It's an intolerant culture, Mulder. I don't know, Scully.
是难以忍♥受的文化 我不知道 史卡利
Sometimes a little intolerance can be a welcome thing.
有时小小的忍♥受是件好事
Clear-cut right and wrong, black and white,
分清对与错 黑与白
no shades of gray.
没有中间地带
In a society where hard and
法则越来越严厉的社会
fast rules are harder and harder to come by,
也越来越难遵守
I think some people would appreciate that.
我认为有人会感激
You're saying that you,
你在说你自己
Fox Mulder,
福克斯·穆德
would welcome someone telling you what to believe
你会欢迎某人教你相信什么吗
I'm just saying that somebody offering you all the answers.
我只想说有人能给你所有答案..
can be a very powerful thing.
是一件很强大的事
Oh, it's lab results.
是实验结果
Am I reading this right
我没看错吧
DidJared Chirp have himself tested for sterility
杰拉德测试自己的生育能力
Which turns out to be more or less the case.
多或少与这个案子有关
Based on this, that means
这说明
Jared can't be the father of Gracie's baby.
杰拉德不是格瑞丝孩子的父亲
It's dated the day he died.
日期是他死的那天
So maybe he was killed because he discovered the truth.
也许他因为发现真♥相♥而被杀
Gracie.
格瑞丝
I'd like to ask you to reconsider.
我想求你重新考虑
No. This is what he'd want.
不 这是他想要的
He may die without medical treatment.
他没治疗会死的
I've seen him bit a dozen times.
我见过他被咬十多个地方
He always said that it was up to God.
他总说取决于上帝..
whether he lives or dies.
不论生死
Said it was a worse sin not to trust God.
不相信上帝是罪恶
There are many ways to trust God, Gracie.
有许多相信上帝的方式
One of them is to trust in
其中一种是相信
the miracles of doctors and medicine.
医药的奇迹
Or in your heart.
或者在你的心里..
do you really not want him to get better
你真的不希望他好转吗
It ain't for me.
不是我能决定的
I can't risk his soul.
我不能拿他的灵魂冒险
When you first came to me,
你第一次找我时..
you said that you wanted to think for yourself.
你说你想为自己考虑..
to live your life.
过自己要的生活..
as you saw fit.
现在如你所愿
If you stand here and let your father die,
如果你站在这 让你父亲死掉
whose beliefs are you living
那么你相信的是谁的信念
Yours.
你的..
or his
或他的
You're doing the right thing.
你做得对
I'll go tell the doctor, okay
我去叫医生 好吗
Agents, Enoch O'Connor is gone.
探员 伊诺·奥康纳不见了
I was away for five minutes. His bed's empty.
我才离开5分钟 他就从床上消失了
Gracie is gone too.
格瑞丝也不见了
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表