How'd you find me? Your fingerprints.
你们怎么找到我的 你的指纹
You have a criminal record.
你有犯罪记录
A conviction for pickpocketing.
因为偷窃而被判罪
Man, that was performance art.
拜托 那是表演的艺术
Besides, it's ancient history.
而且 那是很久以前的事了
What are you saying? You think I killed him?
你们的意思什么 以为我杀了他
Well, you're on videotape heckling the deceased.
录像带里面 你在讽刺死者
What did you have against Mr. Maleeni?
你和马力尼有何冲突
First of all, his name's not Maleeni.
首先 他不叫马力尼
That's the name of a real magician,
那是一个真正魔术师的名字
a guy at the turn of the century, Max Malini.
出现在跨世纪时代的人 叫马克斯·马力尼
Ever hear of him? No.
听说过他吗 没有
It's too bad. You should've.
真糟糕 你们应该听过
Anyway, he steals his name, spells it a little differently...
反正他盗用别人名字 小作改动
and he does some tired crap
在一个小孩生日会上
that wouldn't cut it at a kid's birthday party.
乱搞把戏
What about the trick where he turns
他的头转圈魔术
his head completely around?
是怎么做的呢
Check it out.
看着
No problem. Did you like that?
没问题 你们喜欢吗
Yeah. Watch.
喜欢 继续看
A coin in the hand... blows away.
手里一个硬币没了
Maybe it's a little bit hard for you to see.
也许你们很难理解
Let me make that... bigger for you.
让我拿大一点的..
Great, but I don't see how they're
我看不出与马力尼做的
any different or better than the ones Maleeni did.
有何不同
Mozart and Salieri.
莫扎特和沙列亚里
They sound pretty much the same to a layman.
外行人听起来都一样
But they ain't. You know what I'm sayin'?
但不是 你们明白吗
It's about originality.
有关原创性..
Style.
风格..
And more than anything else...
还有更多..
soul.
灵魂
Because that's what separates the great ones...
因此能区分出伟大表演者..
from the hacks.
与蹩脚表演者
We can't do this halfway.
我们不能突然做出这种表演
We're dealing with powerful forces at work here.
因为我们涉及强大的力量
Energies far beyond our mere...
能量远超我们的..
mortal... understanding.
精神理解
Enough to make a magician lose his head?
足够让一个魔术师的头掉下来
Could be.
可能可以
That, and I hear Maleeni
我听说马力尼
racked up some pretty big gambling debts.
欠了很多赌债
Who knows who he might've pissed off.
谁晓得他是真死还是假死
Thank you, Mr. LaBonge. We'll, uh, be in touch.
谢谢你 拉邦奇先生 我们保持连络
Please do. Oh, and agents?
请务必与我连络 呃 探员
Mozart and Salieri. Which one's which?
莫扎特和沙列亚里 哪个比较好呢
Mulder, I think that professional jealousy...
我想那人的妒忌心..
is as good a motive for murder as any.
是谋杀的动机
If it was a murder. I'm not convinced.
我不相信那是谋杀
If I can get Mr. Maleeni into an autopsy bay,
我想对马力尼验尸..
hopefully we can put this issue to rest as soon as possible.
希望这个事件尽早平息
All right, I'm stumped. I think I'm supposed to be.
好 我想我被难倒了
What do you think? Well, first of all,
为什么这么说 首先..
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Mr. Maleeni's head...
抱歉让你失望 但魔术师马力尼的头..
didn't just magically fall off.
不只是神奇地掉下来..
It was very carefully sawed.
是被人小心异异地锯开的
Very slow and exacting work,
很慢和很准确的工作
probably with a fine-tooth meat saw.
可能是用很细的肉锯
And check out this little detail.
仔细看看这里
Spirit gum, Mulder.
是口香糖 穆德
It held the head to the body.
粘着头和身体
Just barely, of course. So he was murdered?
当然 很勉强地粘着 所以他是被杀的
Well, no. As far as I can tell,
依照现有的资料
this man died of advanced coronary disease.
他是死于心脏病
Natural causes. Yeah.
自然死亡 是的
So basically, he died of a heart attack,
所以 他先死于心脏病
somebody crept up behind him, sawed his head off...
然后有人偷袭他并锯下他的头
and then glued it back on all in the space of 30 seconds.
然后在30秒内粘回去
Does that make sense to you? No.
这合理吗 不合理
Which makes it even stranger still,
反而更奇怪了
because as far as I can tell...
因为依据现有的资料..
this body has been dead for over a month.
这个尸体已经死亡一个多月
I see signs of refrigeration.
我看到了冷冻的痕迹
And yet he performed yesterday.
可是他昨天还在表演
What a trouper. Well, somebody performed yesterday.
好一个演员 可能昨天表演的是另一个人
Cissy Alvarez.
西斯·阿♥拉♥维斯
Who are you?
你是谁
You don't remember me. Ain't that a bitch?
你不记得我了
My name's LaBonge.
我叫拉邦奇
I did time with you about eight years ago.
八年前曾和你一起
You were in for bank robbery.
你因为抢银行入狱
The name doesn't mean anything. What do you want?
那个名字没有任何意义了 你想怎样
I hear you're a poker player.
我听说你是扑克专家
You won big off a guy who calls
你从"神奇马力尼"那
himself the Amazing Maleeni.
赢了很多钱
Also goes by the name of Herman Pinchbeck.
也叫做荷门·平奇
Pinchbeck? He's dead.
平奇 他已经死了
Yeah, I saw in the paper.
我看到报纸了
Something about his head fell off. Yeah. What's it to you?
上面有写关于他头掉下来的事 这和你有关吗
I'm the guy that made his head fall off.
是我让他头落地的
You took his marker, right? What'd he owe you, 15 grand?
你拿了他的借据 是吗 他欠你多少 一万五吗
Twenty. I don't think he was ever gonna pay you back.
两万 我想他没打算还你
You want to cut to the chase?
你想中断追债
You know, get a little more
我们送你去死前
of your story out before we stomp you to death?
还想多知道你一些故事呢
How would you like to get back
想不想知道怎么
what you're owed times ten?
拿回10倍钱
200,000. Mm. How?
20万 怎么拿
Helping me. Do what?
帮我 做什么
Magic.
魔术
Wanna hear more?
想听听我的点子吗
洛杉机 加利福尼亚
卡罗莱纳海事银行
Excuse me. I'm looking for Mr. Albert Pinchbeck.
抱歉 我在找阿尔伯特·平奇
He's the gentleman right over there. The poor man.
右边那里的男士就是他 可怜的人
He look familiar to you, Scully? He certainly does.
你见过他吗 史卡利 当然
The plot thickens. He might try and run.
这是有阴谋的 他可能在试着逃跑
Come in.
请进
Good morning, Mr. And Mrs...
早安 先生女士
Agents Mulder and Scully, F.B.I.
FBI探员穆德和史卡利
You're not here for a home loan, I take it.
你们不是为家庭货款来的 我收到了
No. We are investigating the death of a magician...
不是 我们在调查魔术师之死
who called himself the Amazing Maleeni.
自称是"神奇马力尼"
Herman Pinchbeck, my twin brother.
荷门·平奇 我的双胞胎兄弟
Yes, we know. We checked his next of kin.
我们知道 我们调查过了家庭状况
What happened to your neck,
你脖子怎么了
Mr. Pinchbeck? I was in a car accident.
平奇先生 车祸
Car accident.
车祸
So your injured neck has nothing to do with a magic trick...
这么说你的脖子 与两天前..
you performed at the Santa Monica Pier two days ago,
在圣莫妮卡码头表演的魔术无关
one which involved you turning your head
那次你将头
around 360 degrees?
转360度
Well, no. That wasn't me.
不 那不是我
I was in a bad car accident in Mexico.
我在墨西哥遭遇重大车祸
A bad Mexican car accident in Mexico.
墨西哥重大车祸
Do you know magic, Mr. Pinchbeck? Yes, I do.
你会魔术吗 平奇先生 是的
Back in the '70s, my brother and I performed together.
70年代 我们兄弟一起表演
Why'd you stop? You never really stop.
你为什么不干了 你没真正不干
Pick a card, any card?
随便拿一张牌
Very impressive. My brother and I both wanted to do...
很棒 我们兄弟想..
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表