剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
一位英雄被枪杀了"
A hero was gunned down."
我只是觉得他应该得到一点尊重
I just think he deserves a little respect.
他付出了自己的生命
The man died.
-法官阁下 我们希望移除这名陪审员 -反对
- Your Honor, we move to strike for cause. - Objection.
这都是种族偏见
This is all racial.
并不是 她写下了支持麦克芬利的话
It is not. She wrote in support of McFinley.
对 我觉得你们是对的 取消她的陪审员资格
Yeah. Yeah, I'll give it to you. Uh, juror dismissed.
有请下一位
Let's get the next one in here.
谢谢 谢谢你
Thank you. Thank you.
是不是有三位黑人学生找到你
Didn't three Black students approach you
让你不要再提那个带有"黑"字的词
about not repeating the word "N-word-ly"?
他们对我的很多教育理念都不认同
Oh, they objected to many of the ways I taught.
尽管如此 即便有人告诉了你
And, despite that, you used the word again,
这个词会让他们感到不适 你还是再次提到了它
even though you were told it made them uncomfortable?
反对 过度诱导证人
Objection. Unduly argumentative.
她并没有杀人
She didn't commit murder.
没错 但我喜欢一场好的苏格拉底式辩论 继续
True, but I love a good Socratic argument. Go for it.
你再次使用了带有"黑"字的词 对吗 教授
You used "N-word-ly" again, didn't you, Professor?
我觉得这是教学的一部分
I took it as a teaching moment.
我是想解释这个词的意思
I-I explained what the word meant,
所以只能提到这个词
and, uh, I had to use the word in order to explain it.
即便有人要你不要再提了
Even though you were asked to stop?
我是一名教育工作者
I'm an educator.
挑战学生是我的职责
Challenging students is my responsibility.
所以是你故意冒犯他们的
So you're trying to offend?
不是 但我是想让我的学生适应社会
No, but I am trying to prepare my students
这个世界不会因为他们的敏感而妥协
for a world that won't kowtow to their sensitivities.
这么说你是故意说这些去创伤刺♥激♥学生的
So you deliberately say things to trigger students?
学校没有义务让你觉得安逸
School is not a place to be comforted.
这是个充满挑战的地方
It's a place to be challenged.
你是如何界定挑战和创伤刺♥激♥的
Where do you draw the line between challenged and triggered?
我没有刻意区分二者
I don't.
一个课堂不应该被那些最为敏感脆弱的群体支配
A-a-a class shouldn't be governed by the most fragile sensibility,
或是回避所有有争议的课题
or, or it would shy away from every difficult subject.
在历史课上说到战争罪行
A history class has to discuss rape
必须谈到强♥奸♥
when talking about war crimes.
但是没有必要谈论细节
But it doesn't have to describe it in detail.
如果要让学生引起共情
It does if it wants the students to sympathize,
理解受害者的境遇 就有必要
to understand a victim's account.
纪念受害者的唯一方式
The only way to honor a victim
可能就是以受害者的立场感同身受
might be to relate to her full account.
好了 我明白了
Okay, I get that.
但你为什么不用"小气"
But why not use the word "stingy"
或是"吝啬"来代替这个带"黑"字的词
or "miserly" instead of "N-word-ly"?
因为我喜欢语言的明确性
Because I like clarity in language.
我喜欢语言的多样化
I like variety in language.
没错 或许我是有点想回击
And, and-and, yes, maybe I am pushing back a bit.
那为什么不直接用黑傀
Then why not use the N-word?
可以一次只提一个问题吗
Could we have one questioner at a time?
不 请回答
No, answer the question.
如果你是想回击 为什么不直接用黑傀这个词
If you want to push back, why not use the actual N-word?
因为我不是在教南北战争或是《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》
Because I'm not teaching the Civil War or Huckleberry Finn.
如果是的 你就可能会用吗
And if you were, you might?
是的
Yes.
陪审员14号♥
Juror 14.
混血
Identifies as mixed race.
在一家食品救济中心工作
Works at a food bank.
可能弄不走
Probably won't be able to knock him off.
我们别无选择了
We're out of options.
想要无效审判 还需要弄走一位陪审员
We need one more juror bumped to get our mistrial.
我查过了 没有别的料了
I've checked. We don't have anything else.
来看看这个
You need to see this.
天呐 又怎么了
Oh, good God. What now?
我们上新闻了
We're on the news.
上新闻 什么意思
On? What does that mean?
体制性种族歧视 白人优势
Systemic racism. White privilege.
一针见血
泰德·威洛比
泰德抵♥制♥"抵♥制♥文化"
我们经常从学者 好莱坞明星还有篮球运动员
We hear it from academics and Hollywood celebrities
口中听到这些词
and basketball players.
话说回来 勒布朗·詹姆斯究竟有几套房♥
By the way, how many houses does LeBron James have?
现在"激进克"&洛哈特律所又为马♥克♥思♥主义
Now add to the list Marxist slip-and-fall lawyers
白人优势
无能律师团新添干将
from "Raddick"/ -Lockhart.
来听听这些律师对
You need to hear what one of these lawyers had to say
这位因公殉职的芝加哥警官
about martyred Chicago police officer
杰西·帕崔克·麦克芬利有什么话要说
Jesse Patrick McFinley.
太久以来 警♥察♥都被置于法外之地
Cops have not been held accountable for far too long,
是时候秋后算账了
and now the bill is due.
这段话是我在麦克芬利被害前说的
I made that statement before McFinley was killed.
一名警♥察♥被残忍♥枪杀
A cop gunned down in cold blood.
到了戴安·洛哈特律师的口中
And to lawyer Diane Lockhart,
就成了"秋后算账"
"The bill's come due."
她的手上是否也和凶手一样
Was that not her finger on the trigger
暴徒获胜
沾满了鲜血
as much as whatever thug held the gun?
一针见血提出问题
I'm asking the question
这就是我们的职责
because that's what we do here.
或许我们能利用这个
Maybe we could use this.
对法官
With the judge?
他讨厌福克斯新闻
He hates Fox News.
或许我们能重新把弹劾陪审员的事提上议程
Maybe we could start over again with the jurors.
很高兴这种情形你们都能找到有利的点
Well, I'm glad you find something positive here.
他刚说你们是杀人共犯
He just called you two co-assassins.
我们要给你们安排保安
We need to get you security.
再走一名陪审员
So one more juror.
就可以申请无效审判了
And we have our mistrial.
可行
That's doable.
跟紧点
Stay close.
全体起立
All rise.
我们可以上前一步说话吗 法官阁下
May we approach, Your Honor?
当然可以 请上前
Uh, sure. Yeah. Let's go ahead.
你们可以坐下了 谢谢
You may be seated. Thank you.
法官阁下 昨晚福克斯新闻的泰德·威洛比...
Your Honor, last night Ted Willoughby on Fox News...
我知道他是谁
Yes, I-I know who he is.
他说我们是杀害
He accused the two of us of being complicit
麦克芬利警官的共犯
in the murder of Officer McFinley...
你们是第一次被福克斯台的人讽刺吗
Was this the first time someone on Fox was mean to you?
我们担心这会影响陪审团的判断
We're concerned about his influence on the jury.
我们想就此事询问陪审团
We'd like to ask the jurors about it.
法官阁下 我们已经审过陪审团了
Your Honor, we already went through the jurors.
你已经裁决不是无效审判了
You ruled no mistrial.
这是新的影响事件
This is new influence.
她们就是想再试一次
They just want another bite at the apple.
她们只要再踢出一个陪审员就行了
They want to get one more juror bumped.
我们只想要一场公平的审判 和你想要的一样
We want an unbiased jury just like you do.
和法官阁下想要的也一样
Just like His Honor does.
我们不希望福克斯新闻台的报道影响庭审
And we don't want the influence of Fox News.
她们是想利用你对福克斯的偏见
They're playing on your bias against Fox.
好吧 陪审团资格审查续集
Okay, uh, voir dire de novo et doctuse.
就是拉丁文"续集"的意思
That's Latin for "the sequel."
你知道泰德·威洛比是谁吗
Do you know who Ted Willoughby is?
知道
I do.
你看过他的节目吗
And have you watched his show?
别问她有没有看过他的节目
Not has she watched his show,
直接问她有没有看他昨晚的节目
but has she watched his show last night?
算了 还是我问吧
Okay, I'll ask.
你最近两天有没有看过
Have you watched the Ted Willoughby show
泰德·威洛比的节目
in the last two days?
没有 我不看的
Uh, no, I don't watch it.
我教堂里的一些人会看
Some people from my church have,
但我不喜欢
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表