剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
No more questions.
-实在法 开玩笑的 -我不在乎
- De lege lata. That was a joke. - I don't care.
-我们准备两个就是为了这个 迪恩 -不 不
- That's why we have two. Dean. - No, no, no,
-开个玩笑 我... 不 -来吧 梅丽莎
- that was a joke, I... No. - Come on, Marissa.
卡米尔 你知道这个词吗
Now, Camille, you are aware the word--
-什么来着 -穷嗨鬼
- what is it? - N-word-ly.
穷嗨鬼 你知道这个词是小气的意思
N-word-ly-- you are aware that it simply means "Stingy"?
-对吧 -对
- Right? - Yes.
这个词是从古挪威语一词来的
And that it comes from an Old Norse word,
"穷嘿" 意思是"贫穷"
"Nigla," Meaning "Poor"
-这个词跟"穷讲究"有同样的字 -是的
- and it has the same root as the word "Niggle"? - Yes.
所以 如果迈克尔斯教授说了"穷讲究"这个词
So, if Professor Michaels had said the word "Niggle"
-你还会觉得被冒犯吗 -不
- would you have felt offended? - No.
-为什么不会 -听上去就和
- Why not? - It wouldn't sound like
-"嗨鬼"不像 -所以这个词本身
- the "N-word." - So it doesn't matter
并没有种族方面的隐喻
that the word in question
并没有什么关系
has no racial connotations whatsoever?
从发音来看 这个词确实
Given how it sounds, the word definitely
有种族方面的隐喻
has racial connotations,
不管你是否承认这一点
whether you're prepared to acknowledge that or not.
但这个词的词源与种族无关
But the etymology of the word is non-racial.
我虽然不是词源方面的专家
I'm not an expert in etymology,
但是我对大家使用这类词略知一二
but I do know something about people using the N-word.
卡米尔 你发出关于迈克尔斯教授
Camille, before you tweeted about Professor Michaels'
使用穷嗨鬼的推文之前
use of N-word-ly,
她做的其他事情就没有让你不开心的吗
wasn't there something else she did that upset you?
我不清楚你说的是什么
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
你找过她两次
Well, you asked her twice
请求给你的学期论文延期
for an extension on your term paper.
是的
Yeah-huh.
她拒绝了
And she said no.
最后你迟交了学期论文
And when you did turn in the term paper late anyway,
得了什么分数
what grade did you get?
-给了我及格 -这难道不是
- She gave me a C. - And isn't that
你想要打碎她饭碗的真正原因吗
really the reason that you wanted to get her fired?
不是
No.
你就不能提出反对什么的吗
Can't you object or something?
-这没有关系 -即便她反对了
- This has nothing to do with it. - Even if she did object,
你也还是要回答问题
you'd still have to answer the question.
这个法庭太扯了
This court is bullshit.
你想洗脱她的罪名 好让她找回工作
You want to clear her so she can get her job back,
但是她知道她用那个词打的是什么算盘
but she knew what she was doing using that word.
-不 我不知道 -少来
- No, I didn't. - Come on.
你们认为大学是个温馨的地方
You think college is meant to be a warm, cuddly place
-没有任何威胁 -不
- where you're not challenged. - No,
我只是不想把时间都花在被冒犯上
I just don't want to spend my day being offended.
这些都是组成英语的词汇
These are the words that make up the English language.
它们是存在的
They exist.
它们不是你认为的那个意思
They don't mean what you think they mean.
-这就是教育 -不
- And that is education. - No.
教育是面向现代 不是16世纪
An education is living in now, not in the 16th century.
很好 说得很受启发
Okay, good. That was illuminating.
你可以下去了 谢谢你 亲爱的
You can step down now. Thank you, my dear.
去你的 你都懒得努力一下
Fuck you. You're not even trying.
视觉上的影响很重要
The optics matter.
人种决定的
Racially.
我同意
I agree.
有些陪审员可能对女性质问男性
Some of the jurors may react to a woman
有想法 属实
interrogating a man, period.
我们都是女的
Well, we're both women.
这就不占优势
That... that can't be helped.
如果我质问警♥察♥的话 有些陪审员可能
Some of the jurors may feel more comfortable
会更容易接受一些
if, um... if I question the cop.
因为你是白人
'Cause you're white?
对 我只是就事论事
Yes. I'm just speaking pragmatically.
他们可能认为我没有那么大的个人情绪
They may not think I have as big a dog in the fight.
另一方面 有些陪审员可能希望
And, on the other hand, some jurors might appreciate
我把个人情绪带进审问
that I do have a dog in the fight.
但是 我能更冷静
Okay. Well, I could be more dispassionate.
我们要的是冷静吗
Do we want dispassionate?
莉兹 你在把我从冠名合伙人的位置上挤下去
Liz, you're shoving me out of my name partner position
-就因为我的种族 -我什么都没做
- because of my race. - I am doing nothing.
让我们种族主义客户找STR劳利
You are the one who got our racist clients
发牢骚的人是你
to whine to STR Laurie about us.
这些客户带来客观的收入
Those clients bring in a great deal of money,
他们不是种族主义者
and they are not racists.
你拿我当三岁小孩
Oh, are you fucking kidding me?
15年来他们一直都是我的客户
They have been my clients for 15 years.
就是这个原因
That's what it was about.
你是说如果你被另一个白人合伙人换掉
Are you saying that-that if you were being replaced
他们也会提出同样的反对意见
by another white partner they would have the same objection?
我是说 也许他们会担心种族仇恨
I'm saying... maybe they worry about racial grudges.
-天啊 -冠名合伙人是我奋斗来的
- Oh, my God. - I mean, what do you call
把我从这个位置上挤出去
pushing me out of a-a... of a name partnership
-你觉得算什么 -你觉得自己有资格而已
- that I worked for? - That you felt entitled to.
你说什么
Excuse me?
真心话
Really?
你就是这么想的
That's what you think?
对
Yeah.
我认为芭芭拉·科斯达被挤出去
I think that Barbara Kolstad was shoved out
就是因为你认为自己有这个资格坐她的位置
because you felt entitled to her position.
好吧 搞完这个案子 因为问题就在于
Fine. Let's finish this case, because here's the problem:
如果你不尊重我的话 我们就无法共事
We can't work together if you don't respect me.
不 如果你拿种族说事我们就无法共事
No, we can't work together if you use race cynically.
行吧
Oh, fine.
你交叉盘问他吧 这就是扯蛋
You cross-examine him, because this is bullshit.
就他妈纯扯蛋
This is motherfucking bullshit.
你想跟我对着干 就拿出真实的证据
You want to come after me, you come after me
证明我能力不足
with an honest argument about my lack of competence,
- 价值不够 -你的价值不够...
- my lack of worth. - Your unworthiness--
虽然你不想承认
which you don't seem to want to acknowledge--
全在于你不能当黑人律所的头狼
is you can't be the top dog in a Black firm.
醒醒吧
Wake up.
开枪打过人吗
Ever shoot anybody?
没有
No, ma'am.
服役11年从来都没有
Not in 11 years of service.
除了安东涅特·莱西的偶然事件外
Other than on the occasion of Antoinette Lacey's passing,
你用过电枪吗
had you ever used your stun gun?
从来没有
Never, and...
我希望我没做过
I hope to God I never do again.
有没有人告诉你
Did anyone tell you
安东涅特·莱西有心脏病
that Antoinette Lacey had a heart condition?
不 没有人说过
No. No one did.
我只是...
I just...
所以 除了杀害手无寸铁的女孩以外
So, other than killing an unarmed girl,
-反对"杀害"一词 -你用过电枪吗
- Object to "Killed." - you never used your stun gun?
-律师 请重新措辞 -除了对一名
- Yeah, Counselor, rephrase. - So, other than using
手无寸铁的女孩使用致命武器
lethal force on an unarmed girl,
你只因暴♥力♥行为
you only faced disciplinary action
受过一次记过处分吗
for violent behavior once?
我不确定你指的是什么
I'm not sure what you're referring to.
2019年2月
In February, 2019,
芝加哥警♥察♥街道一起报♥警♥
did Chicago PD respond to a report
说的是你家出现家庭暴♥力♥
of a domestic dispute at your house?
反对 法官阁下 麦克芬利警官
Objection. Your Honor, Officer McFinley
不是因他的私生活而上庭
isn't on trial for his personal life.
确实 他在这是因为暴♥力♥出警
No, he's on trial for being a violent cop.
驳回 证人请回答
Overruled. The witness may answer.
那不是...
It wasn't...
是起争执
It was an argument.
我妻子
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表