剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
I'm not telling him anything.
我现在要走了
I'm leaving now.
谢谢你听我说完
Thank you for listening.
喂
Hello?
你是伟大的伊丽莎白·雷迪克吗
Is this the great Elizabeth Reddick?
伟不伟大不好说 不过我是
Well, I don't know about great, but yes.
我是查尔斯·莱斯特
This is Charles Lester.
莱斯特先生 我记得你
Mr. Lester. Yes.
你是一名律师 代表...
You are a lawyer representing, um...
不好意思 代表谁来着
I'm sorry. Who again?
贵人多忘事
How quickly they forget.
我代表的是里维先生
I represent Mr. Rivi.
不过不是他的律师 是他的业务经理
Not his lawyer. His business manager.
对 对 对
Yes. Yes, yes, yes.
我们刚对里维先生进行过半年度会面
I believe we just had our biannual meeting with Mr. Rivi.
是的 我打来正是为了这件事
You did, and that is the point of my call.
里维先生希望
Mr. Rivi only wants to meet,
从现在起
from this moment on,
只见卡门·莫尤律师
with the lawyer Carmen Moyo.
我没明白
I don't understand.
他不喜欢派来的那位合伙人
He doesn't like the, uh, partner who was sent.
叫巴里什么的 他不想再见他了
Barry... something. He doesn't want to see him anymore.
他希望他所有的业务
And he wants all his business holdings
都转交给莫尤女士
transferred through Ms. Moyo.
可是她...
But she's, uh...
莱斯特先生
Mr. Lester, uh...
卡门·莫尤只是一位初级律师
Carmen Moyo is a first-year associate.
她才刚来我们律所两天
She's only been with us two days.
我客户的要求有什么问题吗
Is there some problem with my client's request?
没有
No.
没有 没有 没有 只是她非常年轻
No. No. No. It's just that she's very young.
非常年轻 她才刚从法学院毕业
Very young. She's just out of law school.
他想要她做他唯一的律师
He wants her as his only lawyer.
有什么问题吗
Is there any problem with that?
莱斯特先生 让我跟我的团队商量一下
Mr. Lester, let me speak to my team.
我们希望能给我们的顶级客户更全面的服务
We-we like to offer our top clients more services
一位律师恐怕难以周全
than one lawyer can provide...
莉兹 我跟我的客户合作已经五年了
Liz. I've been working with my client for five years now.
他很清楚自己要什么
He knows what he wants.
他很有主见
He knows his mind.
这事就这么办 不然的话
So, uh, make it happen, or
你和我之间就要进行一场更不愉快的对话了
you and I'll be having a more unpleasant conversation.
莱斯特先生 你在哪
Mr. Lester, where are you?
我能一会回给你吗
Can I call you back?
我在芝加哥唯一的一部公用电♥话♥这
I am at the... only pay phone in Chicago.
还是我稍后打给你吧
I'll call you back.
感恩而死
196♥4♥年组建
迷幻摇滚开创者之一
解散于1995年
*If my words did glow*
*With the gold of sunshine...*
*Were played...?*
在培养不同的情操
Expanding your tastes?
是工作需要
It's for work.
*Hear my voice*
*Come through...*
库尔特
Kurt?
你觉得我是不是该放弃我在律所的冠名合伙人身份
Do you think I should give up my name partnership at the firm?
什么
What?
有人向我施压 要我放弃在律所的顶层话语权
I'm getting pressure to give up my top opinion at the firm.
你的话语权
Your opinion?
什么
What?
你说你的"顶层话语权"
You said your "top opinion."
不 我的顶层职位
No, my-my top position.
我是个白人
I'm white.
我们应该是家黑人律所
The firm is supposed to be Black.
现在阿德里安也走了 影响有点...
And with Adrian gone, the optics...
影响 你是不是那最好的律师
Optics. Are you the best lawyer there?
我... 不
I'm... no.
好吧 我是最好的律师之一
Well, okay. I'm one of the best.
但这不是重点
But that's not what this is about.
黑人律所有个白人高层不太好看
It's a bad look having a Black law firm with a white leader.
我想做正确的事
And I want to do what's right.
戴安 你我之间对太多事看法不同
Diane... You and I disagree on so much.
你问我的意见 很明显是因为
You obviously ask my opinion because you know
你知道我会提出一些你知道你无法苟同的观点
that I will argue something you know you won't.
什么观点
Which is?
身份政♥治♥正在摧毁美国
Identity politics is destroying America.
你知道我会提起这个
You knew I'd argue that.
这让所有事都要牵扯到种族问题
It's making everything about race.
因为只能先解决种族问题才能做到人人平等
Because it has to be about race until it's about equality.
平等问题不需要在种族上过分纠缠
Equality doesn't come through more obsession with race.
平等的关键在于选拔人才 而不是平庸即可
It comes from elevating talent over mediocrity.
得了吧 库尔特
Oh, come on, Kurt.
所有人都知道平庸的白人获得了最多的机会
You and I both know that white mediocrity is the default position.
每个经理都只会雇佣自己熟悉的人
Every manager hires who he knows.
你说得对
Well, then you're right.
退位吧 你不应该继续领导那家律所
Step aside. You shouldn't be leading that firm.
真的吗
Really?
我要去洗澡了
I'm taking a shower.
你找我
You wanted to see me?
卡门 是的 请进
Carmen, yes. Come in.
请坐
Go ahead, take a seat.
在雷&洛哈特律所感觉怎么样
So, how is life at Reddick/Lockhart?
我做错什么了吗
Did I do something wrong?
没有 没有 没有
No. No. No, no.
我只是想问下情况
I just want to see how, how things are going.
我喜欢这里
Uh, I like it here.
虽然我也没在其他律所待过
There's nothing to compare it to except law school,
不过能离开学校走出社会也挺好的
but it's great to be out of the legal clinics.
从某种层面上来说 模拟感觉有点浪费时间
At a certain point, simulation feels like a waste of time.
我更想投身实战
I'd rather be in the thick of it.
现在你如愿以偿了
And now you are.
我知道你和巴里在维护律所和里维的关系
I know you're working with Barry on the Rivi maintenance.
是的 这是个很不错的机会
Yes. It's a-a wonderful opportunity.
里维的经理要求
Uh, Rivi's manager has requested that, uh,
-你来承担一个重要角色 -真的吗
- you take on a larger role. - Really?
对 里维要你做他唯一的律师
Yeah. Rivi wants you to be his only lawyer.
我不知道该说什么了 这真是... 太意外了
I don't know what to say. That's, um... surprising.
里维有着非常惊人的
See, Rivi has an unbelievable amount of, uh,
人格魅力
charisma.
但以我的经验来看
But in my experience,
最好能与他保持一定的专业距离
it's-it's better to maintain a professional distance.
我非常专业
I'm very professional.
这个我不怀疑
Oh, I-I don't doubt it.
不过你自己也说了
But you yourself said...
是律所不满意我的工作吗
Is the firm dissatisfied with my work?
不是
No.
将所有的客户都当着普通人对待 这是我的理念
It's my intention to treat all my clients like humans.
即便是那些疑似杀人凶手
Even the ones who might be murderers
或是杀人凶手无疑的人
or are definitely murderers.
我觉得里维先生可能很认同我的理念
And I think Mr. Rivi might be responding to that
因为这他之前
because it's something that
在这家律所没有得到如此对待
he hasn't received at this firm previously...
好吧 让我把话说明白 卡门
Okay. Let me be very clear, Carmen.
我们说的事关乎你的个人安全
We are talking about your own personal safety here.
是的 感谢你的关心
Yes, and I thank you.
我
I...
如果你希望我不要参与他的案子
If you want me not to be involved with his case,
我完全能理解
I will completely understand.
我得承认 接到你的电♥话♥我很意外
Well, I will admit, I was surprised when I got the call.
真的很高兴能见到你 朱利叶斯
It's just so great to see you, Julius.
是啊 咱们多久没见了
Yeah. How long has it been?
跟戴安 最后一次见是我被人铐上
Well, for Diane, it was when I was being handcuffed
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表