剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
-我正在解决它们 -不不不
- I'm working on it. - No, no, no.
是你同意让我们代理克雷格·沃夫-科曼吗
Did you approve us representing Craig Wolfe-Coleman?
没有 为什么这么问
No. Why?
-我们代理他了吗 -很显然是的
- Do we represent him? - Apparently, we do.
我们只是想搞清楚到底是怎么回事
And we're-we're just trying to get to the bottom of it.
在另一名冠名合伙人不在场的情况下
Without the other name partner?
所以我们才叫你过来
That's why we asked you in.
不是我同意的
Well, this isn't me.
他之前来过了吗
I mean, was he here?
-大家好 也许我能帮你们解惑 -大卫
- Hi. Maybe I can help. - David.
这是怎么回事
What's going on?
我们的一个律师 一个新人...
Uh, one of the associates, the new one...
-梅丽莎 -不是 真的律师
- Marissa? - No, the real one.
-卡门 -没错
- Carmen? - Right.
是她把沃夫-科曼拉来做客户的
She pulled in Wolfe-Coleman as a client.
-卡门 -为什么
- Carmen? - Why?
因为...
Because...
等等 我♥干♥脆上楼去
Wait, why don't I go upstairs
把你们上个季度的季报拿下来吧
and get your last quarterly report.
快说吧 大卫
Oh, come on, David.
盖文·弗斯想跟我们聊钱的事
If Gavin Firth wants to talk to us about money,
他也应该和合伙人讨论
he should discuss it with the partners.
盖文其实已经被召回伦敦了
Actually, Gavin was called back to London.
我是新任的盖文
I'm the new Gavin.
STR劳利任命我为你们的新上司 你们好
STR Laurie made me your new boss. Hi.
所以我不得不说的是
And this is what I have to say.
你们真应该向这个新人卡门好好学学
More of you should be out there digging up new clients
去挖掘更多的新客户
like this new Carmen girl.
人家才从法学院毕业两个月
Two months out of law school,
就已经给我们拉来了两个顶级客户
and she's got our top two clients.
好好想一想吧
Think about it.
我能和你谈一下吗
Can I talk to you for a second?
太糟了
That's bad.
-大卫成了我们的上司 -是的
- David as our boss. - Yeah.
但你知道吗 我有一个更大的担心
Yeah, but, I-- you know, I have a worse worry.
什么
Okay?
我们刚刚在热烈讨论一个新客户
We were griping about a new client,
接着两分钟后 大卫·李就从楼上下来
and two minutes later, David Lee comes running down
找我们谈话了
the stairs to talk to us.
这可真是太巧了
That's quite a coincidence.
你觉得他窃听了你的办公室吗
You think he bugged your office?
我不知道 你比我更了解他
I don't know. You know him better than I do.
他会做那样的事吗
Would he do something like that?
-当然了 -太棒了
- Oh, yeah. - Great.
我们该怎么办
So what do we do?
让杰找到窃听器
Have Jay look for bugs.
等晚上大卫不知道的时候藏起来
At night, when we can hide it from David.
上帝
God.
要是我们把这些时间真的花在本职工作上
If we actually spent this much time lawyering,
我们现在都应该是最高法♥院♥大♥法♥官了
we'd be Supreme Court justices by now.
等一下 会议室里那些泰迪熊
Oh, wait. What is, what is going on
那到底是怎么回事
with all the teddy bears in the conference room?
说来话长
It's a long story.
如果真的存在偏见 那至少要先告诉我
If it's actually prejudicial, than even telling me
什么可能会让我产生偏见
what it is will prejudice me.
但我觉得不存在偏见 我只想...
But I don't think it is prejudicial. All I wanted...
不不 你再多说一句我就判你输
No. No. You say another word and I'll judge against you.
但我可以准许你
Here's what I'll allow you.
用四个词来解释为什么不存在偏见
Four words to explain why it's not prejudicial.
你要是能解释清楚 我就判你赢
You go over that, I'll rule for the other side.
-法官阁下... -已经说两个词了
-Your Honor... -Hey! There's two.
我能把那两个词收回吗
Can I have those two back?
不能 但你现在能说六个词语
No, but you now have six.
专利申请...
Patent claim...
-需要过往 -最后两个词
- requires background. - Two more words.
工作的背景
Of prior work.
不行 多了个"的"字 被告胜诉
Nope. Three words. Ruling for the defendant.
你的专利申请获批了 先生 再见
Your patent is approved, sir. Go with God.
慢着 先握手 看着对方说
Wait. Shake hands. Look at each other and say,
"我尊重你 我爱你"
"I respect and I love you."
你这样不行
No, no, no, no, no.
我们这儿不是这么办事的 先生
That's not how we do things here, sir.
根据上周三通过的糟糕的失败者法则
Due to the Bad Loser Law of last Wednesday,
判决互换
the ruling is reversed.
原告胜诉
Judgement for the plaintiff.
-太棒了 -你也别庆祝
- Yes! - Don't you dare celebrate, sir.
感谢法官阁下
Thank you, Your Honor.
我的助理来了
There's my law clerk.
休庭十分钟
Recess for ten minutes.
我不能帮你干活 对不起
I can't do it. I'm sorry.
为什么
Why not?
我老板不同意
My boss said no.
你也不需要我
You don't need me anyway.
我帮你找个正牌律师吧
Let me connect you with a real lawyer.
梅丽莎 听我说
Marissa, listen to me.
我想你来帮忙是有原因的
I asked you for a reason.
你对这里了解得足够多 不会毁掉我做的一切
You know just enough not to crush what I'm doing here.
正牌律师会帮我找继续这么做的理由
A real lawyer will look for reasons why not.
我需要一个人帮找出我为什么想这么做的原因
I need someone to look for reasons why.
我能帮你找人
I can find you someone.
我不想要随便一个人
I don't want someone.
全体起立
All rise.
雷迪克女士
Ms. Reddick,
你的辩诉理由创新有力
you made an original and compelling argument.
法官阁下 凯恩法官
And Your Honor, Judge Cain,
-我一直认为你受到了不公平待遇 -法官阁下
- I always thought you got a raw deal... - Your Honor.
请不要打断我说话 律师
You don't want to interrupt me, Counselor.
我必须承认我也很困惑
I have to admit, I am baffled.
同样的事情若是报社所为 那他们会被告到破产
How can it be that Chumhum gets away with something
查查网凭什么能毫发无损
any newspaper would go under for doing?
很不幸...
Unfortunately...
法律就是法律
the law is the law.
它也许是不公的
It may be unfair,
但它符合宪法
but it is constitutional.
第230节有它的规定
Section 230 stands,
我无能为力
and the statute ties my hands.
科德先生
Mr. Cord.
你选尖还是圈
Ace or Queen?
圈
Queen.
好的
Good.
雷迪克女士 我只是路过来感谢你的努力
I just stopped by to thank you for your efforts, Ms. Reddick.
并且告诉你上诉的资金我已经备好了
And to tell you that I'm quite prepared to bankroll an appeal.
我们很乐意帮你准备上诉
Uh, well, we are happy to handle the appeal for you
如果这是你想要的话...
if that's what you would like, but, um...
你应该知道希望不大吧
Uh, you should know that it is probably a long shot.
希望再小的事我也办成过
Long shots have come through for me before.
我手有很难治的关节炎
You know, I have wicked arthritis in my hands,
医生跟我说
and my doctor told me,
"只能天天挤弹力球辅助了"
"Well, just squeeze a rubber ball all day,"
我却找到了治愈的魔法书
but instead, I picked up a book of magic.
我找到了27起有潜力的案件
Now, I've identified 27 potential lawsuits
我觉得其中也许有可行的 切入点不容易找
that I think might be viable. They're tricky,
但是有潜力
but, uh, they've got potential.
如果你们赢了
And if you win,
世界会变得更好一些
the world just becomes a little more bearable.
还有...
And, uh...
我们是你想要的律所吗
we are the firm that you want?
当然啦
Oh, most definitely.
再聊
Talk to you soon.
卡门 我能跟你谈一下吗
Carmen, can I have a second?
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表