剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
纽斯塔特先生 如果你需要决定
Mr. Neustadt, if you were deciding
哪些新闻重要
which stories were important,
你的工作和报社的编辑团队
how is that different from what an editorial team
-有何区别 -反对
- at a newspaper does? - Objection.
证人可能并不清楚
The witness cannot be expected to know
报纸的内部运作
the inner workings of a newspaper.
其实 我在《论♥坛♥报》都市版工作过三年
Actually, I worked in the TribuneMetro section for three years.
搞什么
What?
熊熊工坊的
Build-a-Bears.
都是送给梅丽莎的
They were sent to Marissa.
好吧
Okay.
-为什么 -不知道
- Why? - No idea.
-这只是梅丽莎熊 -抱抱我
- This one's a Marissa bear. - Hug me.
要不我们 也就是你
Why don't we, meaning you,
把所有这些填充动物玩具
take all these stuffed animals
拿走放在会议室里
and put them in the conference room.
我想说 沃夫-科曼先生
I'm just saying Mr. Wolfe-Coleman,
这家律所可能不适合你
this may not be the firm for you.
本杰明·达福
Benjamin Dafoe.
稍等
One moment.
-请把这个寄出 -好的
- Please send this out. - Okay.
我知道 我会把它们放到会议室里的
I know. I'm putting them in the conference room.
-你有空吗 梅丽莎 -当然
- Do you have a minute, Marissa? - Sure.
-其实我... -卡门
- Actually, I, um... - Carmen.
对
Right, uh,
你能让我们单独聊下吗 卡门
could you give us a moment, Carmen?
为什么我们的前台有几百只泰迪熊
Why are there hundreds of teddy bears in our reception?
我...
I...
你说的是一个我听不懂的法律术语吗
Is that a legal euphemism I don't understand?
不 这个...
No. This...
是送来给你的
was sent to you.
-这是一只梅丽莎熊 -抱抱我
- It's a Marissa bear. - Hug me.
这跟我一点都不像
That doesn't even look like me.
像不像你根本不重要
That would seem to be beside the point.
梅丽莎 这是怎么回事
What is going on, Marissa?
为什么有上百只玩具熊在咱们律所里
Why are there hundreds of bears in our office?
我去搞清楚
Let me find out.
如果你能搞清楚 那你一定有怀疑的方向
Well, if you're finding out, you must have some suspicion.
所以你的方向是什么
So, what is it?
我给一个客户提供了点建议
I offered some advice to a client
他当时正准备买♥♥下熊熊工坊的营销权
who was buying a Build-A-Bear franchise.
-所以这可能是在表达感谢 -什么客户
- My guess is this was a thank you. - What client?
你还不是律师
You're not a lawyer.
你怎么会有客户呢
Why do you have clients?
天哪
Oh, my God.
这又跟那个复印小屋法庭有关吧
This is about that Copy Coop court?
我已经确保那边不会影响我这边的工作了
I made sure it didn't interfere with my responsibilities.
梅丽莎 不行
Marissa, no.
去参加那种虚拟的法庭
By participating in that simulacrum of a courtroom,
你会让律所面临玩忽职守等法律处罚
you exposed this firm to malpractice, sanctions,
天知道会招来什么麻烦
and God knows what.
我只是给法官提供点建议
I'm just offering the judge some advice,
帮他处理版权的相关工作
and helping him with his copyright office.
如果你想继续在这间律所任职
If you wish to continue your employment at this firm,
你绝不能再继续做这种事了
you will never do anything like that again.
-你听懂了吗 -可是...
- Do you understand? - But it's...
不 没有可是
No. No buts.
你听懂了吗
Do you understand?
听懂了
I do.
戴安 你丈夫和联调局的探员来了
Diane, your husband and the FBI are here.
天哪
Oh, no.
别让他们去会议室等我
Don't put them in the conference room.
我...好吧
I... Okay.
不过可能已经来不及了
I think I might be a little late.
雷迪克&洛哈特律所
我们也能分两个吗
Do we all get one?
还是只给客户
Or just clients?
又是那种冷静又令人不安的沉默
There's that, uh, calming, unnerving quiet.
-你好 -你好
- Hello. - Hi
我之前同意进行十分钟的谈话
I have agreed to a ten-minute interview.
麦克维先生必须回去工作
Mr. McVeigh has to get back to work.
是的 对 我明白
Yes. Yes, I know.
他可是个好孩子 一直没开过口
And he's been a good boy, not saying a thing.
他不是个孩子了
He's not a boy.
没错 你的孩子确实不小了 比尔
No, he's not, your boy, Bill.
好了 我们开始吧
Okay. Let's start.
库尔特 正式介绍一下 我是联调局探员斯达克
Just to be formal, Kurt, I'm Agent Starkey with the FBI.
我们都知道 不需要音乐前奏了
We understand. We don't need the musical introduction.
好的 那么库尔特
Okay. Um... So, Kurt.
你的那些朋友们或者同事们
Those friends or your colleagues
不管现在和你关系如何 或以前关系如何
or whatever they are to you, or were to you,
可能对一月六日的事都不需要付多少刑事责任
probably have little or no criminal liability for January 6.
我担心的不是他们的过去
My concern isn't with their past.
而是他们未来可能会做的事
It's what they might do in the future.
他并不知道他们会做什么
He has no knowledge of that.
他们逃过了非法入侵
Well, now that they've gotten away with, say, trespassing,
或者是用排泄物玷污国会大厦的罪名
or smearing their feces on the floor of the rotunda,
他们被人教唆去使用暴♥力♥
they're emboldened to violence,
甚至投放炸♥弹♥ 绑♥架♥人♥质♥
to bombs, to hostage taking.
库尔特有想问的吗
Does Kurt have a question?
-没有 但我有问题 -请问
- No, but I do. - Oh. Pray, ask.
你为什么会那么想
Why do you think that?
为什么我认为他们是被人教唆的
Why do I think they're emboldened?
这个我自然有自己的理由
Well, I have my reasons.
如果你告诉我这群人的名字
And if you tell me who they are,
我知道了以后 如果有必要我就能阻止他们
I will know and then, if need be, I can stop them.
我的客户并不认识任何预行不法之事的人
My client has no knowledge of anyone plotting anything.
这可跟这份
Well, that does not square
迪伦·派克的口供对不上啊
with this Dylan Pike statement.
"库尔特·麦克维不仅训练我使用枪♥支♥
"Kurt McVeigh not only trained me in firearms,
他还给我制定计划帮我进入国会大厦
he also laid out the strategy for entering and occupying
并且占领那里"
the U.S. Capitol."
得了吧 胡扯
那是对此事的回复吗
Was that a comment?
不是 但我有
No. I have a comment.
得了吧 胡扯
Oh, come on. Bullshit.
我很意外派克先生居然没有
I'm surprised Mr. Pike didn't accuse Kurt
指责库尔特该为911负责
of being responsible for 9/11.
你应该能想到一个更好的笑话
Certainly you have a better joke than that.
不 对我来说这不是个笑话
No. This isn't a joke to me.
迪伦·派克为了减刑什么话都能说
Dylan Pike will say anything to reduce his sentence.
我确实对他的证词持怀疑态度
I do consider his statement with some skepticism.
想要找到真♥相♥只能通过大陪审团了
And the only way to get to the truth is with a grand jury.
传票似乎能提高人们的判断力
Uh, a subpoena has a tendency to sharpen the senses.
真奇怪你居然没为这句话准备音乐前奏
Odd you don't have a musical cue for that.
稍等
Hold on.
放错了
Oops. That's not right.
库尔特 我随时都可以给你发传票
I can always subpoena you, Kurt.
-他是个强♥奸♥犯 -被指控强♥奸♥
- He's a rapist. - An accused rapist.
天哪 没想到我居然要在一群律师面前说这些
God, I'm amazed I have to say this in a room full of lawyers.
我们什么时候开始要代理沃夫-科曼这样的人
Since when are we representing people like Wolfe-Coleman?
他就是下一个杰弗里·艾普斯坦
He's the next Jeffrey Epstein.
-莉兹 这事是你同意的吗 -不是
- Did you approve this, Liz? - No.
这是我第一次听说这事
This is the first that I am hearing of this.
那就是戴安 是戴安批准的
So it was Diane. Diane approved this.
不是 我...
No. I...
我也不知道
Well, I don't know.
我的客户如果发现我们代理了这个强♥奸♥犯
I have clients who will flee when they find out
他们都会跑掉的
we represent this rapist.
你是说妇联那种客户吗 真是大损失
Oh, you mean like the Women's Coalition? Big loss.
我知道 那些泰迪熊
I know, the teddy bears.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表