剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
带去监狱
and taken away to prison.
感觉过了好久 但可能只是2020年的事
It feels like forever, but that's probably just 2020.
谢谢你们无视了我的麻烦
Thank you for looking past my troubles.
希望你们知道 我不会忘了你们的恩情
I want you to know I don't take that for granted.
去年真是太惨了
Last year was terrible.
戴安 你站在了我这一边
Diane, you stood by my side,
大恩不言谢
and I can't ever thank you enough.
应该的 朱利叶斯 你就是家人
Of course, Julius. Come on, you're family.
唯一一个应该得到特朗普赦免的人
And the one deserving recipient of a Trump pardon.
也是
Uh, yeah.
我甚至都不用出钱
And I didn't even have to pay for it.
也是件好事 我可负担不起
It's a good thing, I couldn't afford one.
说到钱
Um, speaking of pay,
我们没法给到你之前的待遇
we cannot pay you what you made before.
我需要一份工作
I need a job.
这个地方就是我的家
And this place is home.
我很乐意在这当律师
I'd be happy to be of counsel.
真是太难为情了
This is so awkward.
咱们换个角度看这个问题
Let's just reframe the issue.
不是我接受了一个比之前差的职位
It's not that I'm accepting a lower position,
是你们谈成了一笔协议
it's that, uh, you're getting a deal.
天哪 我讨厌面试
God, I hate this process.
所以要卡勒布
So, Caleb?
让我想想
Let me think about it.
你想要朱利叶斯
You want Julius?
我需要点时间考虑一下
I want time to think about it.
一切发生得太快了
It all happened so quick.
学校一关闭 我就知道家长们需要我们的帮助
The second schools closed, I knew parents would need help.
所以我租了个地方 计划了一个方案
So, I rented some space, and I put together a plan.
-非常有创业精神 -谢谢
- Very entrepreneurial of you. - Thank you.
我雇了些老师 这事不难
I hired teachers, which wasn't hard.
当时有那么多失业的人
There were so many layoffs.
然后我向家长详细介绍课时
And I walked the parents through the hours,
课程 收费 还有新冠应对方案
the classes, the fees, and the COVID protocols.
抱歉
Sorry.
学校课程
Curriculum.
学校课程怎么样
And what about the curriculum?
你是否同意教授哲学之类的课程
Did you agree to a teaching philosophy, anything like that?
我可以自行决定这事 都写在协议上了
It was at my discretion. That was the agreement.
合同里包含了那份协议吗
And was that agreement in the contract?
抱歉 法官阁下 我能先问完吗
Excuse me, Your Honor. Can I finish my questions?
合同里是否包含有关课程设置的协议
Was any agreement about the curriculum in the contract?
口头协议里提过 法官阁下
It was part of the handshake deal, Your Honor.
他们在支付软件上打款给我 其余的都交给我
They paid me on Venmo, and I took care of the rest.
但在新冠期间 他们怎么可能握手达成协议
But during COVID, how could they have a handshake agreement,
毕竟大家都不能握手
if there was no shaking hands?
舒尔茨先生非常清楚"口头协议"
Mr. Schultz knows full well "handshake deal"
在商业领域是被认可的
are acceptable words in business.
如果没有合同的话
If there was no contract,
我的客户绝对应该要回她的钱
my client should definitely get her money back.
-协议压根无效 -口头协议
- There was no deal. - A handshake deal
仍然是一份有约束力的合同
is still a binding contract,
即使在真的...
even in real...
即使在"传统"的法庭上
Uh, even in "usual" courts.
迪恩
Dean?
谁得分 法官阁下
What one, Your Honor?
-原告 -法官阁下
- Plaintiff. - Your Honor,
原告不能把所有问题
the plaintiff can't just pull out of an agreement
第9¾巡回法庭
原告 2分 被告 1分
都推脱到协议上
whenever she wants.
有人曾经说过
Who is it who said,
"她应该仔细看好每张牌
"She should have watched each card played
-谨慎出牌" -你说什么
- and played it slow." - Excuse me?
我们每次达成协议的时候都在纠结做什么选择
Every time we make a deal, we're wondering what to choose.
我们仔细看好每张牌 只求不要输
We watch each card, wanting not to lose.
所以我们要谨慎出牌
And so you play it slow.
不要让协议无效
Don't let the deal go down.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
"赢的代价很大
"Since it costs a lot to win,
而输的代价更大
and even more to lose,
我和你一定得花点工夫
you and me bound to spend some time,
想一想做出什么选择"
wondering what to choose."
抱歉 这是首歌♥吗
I'm sorry, is this a song?
感恩而死乐队
Grateful Dead.
迪恩 我刚刚搞错了 擦掉
Dean, I was wrong. Erase.
第9¾巡回法庭
原告 1分 被告 1分
法官阁下 一首歌♥不能当做证据
Your Honor, a song is not evidence.
当然可以
Sure it is.
西塞罗引用荷马的诗的次数不下引用罗马法典的次数
Cicero used to use Homer as much as the Roman code.
古罗马政♥治♥家
艺术就是证据
Art is evidence.
好吧 那你的客户还
Okay, then, your client started
"坐在桌前数她的钞票"
"counting her money when she was sittin' at the table."
那是什么
What is that?
肯尼·罗杰斯
Kenny Rogers?
没错
That's right.
不
No.
不不不
No, no, no.
迪恩
Dean.
扣分
A demerit.
法官阁下 这太不公平了
Your Honor, this is so unfair.
第9¾巡回法庭
原告 1分 被告 1分
被告律师 还有其他问题吗
Any other questions, Counselor?
是的 法官阁下 谢谢您
Yes, we do, Your Honor. Thank you.
梅丽莎 请继续
Proceed, Marissa.
不行
No.
这些都是从法♥院♥的自动售货机买♥♥来的
These are from the courthouse vending machines.
-都是通过检查的东西 -我不管
- They've already been inspected. - I don't give a shit.
那我就和你上司聊聊
Let's talk to your superior.
看看他会不会管
See if he gives a shit.
-现在都检查好了 -谢谢
- Now they're inspected. - Thank you.
谢谢
Gracias.
不客气
De nada.
你是卡门
Are you Carmen?
是的
I am.
你是凡内加斯先生的律师吗
Are you Mr. Vanegas's lawyer?
兼业务经理
And business manager.
查尔斯·莱斯特
Charles Lester.
-看看这个 -全体起立
- And this is this. - All stand.
威克·斯提尔顿法官主持庭审
The Honorable Wick Stilton presiding.
我们今天有一个动议
We have a motion today.
你好
Uh, hello?
是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
抱歉 我还是个新人
Uh, I'm sorry. I'm new to this.
-我今天第一次上庭 -欢迎你 律师
- My first time in court. - Welcome, Counselor.
每个人都记得第一次上庭的感觉
Everybody remembers their first time.
不过似乎你的第一次一定会更加有趣
Although, yours does seem to be decidedly more interesting.
-之前在这见过你 里维先生 -没错
- We've seen you in here before, Mr. Rivi. - Oh, yeah.
法官阁下 今天是关于人身保护令的动议
Your Honor, uh, this is a habeas corpus motion.
在之前和我客户的会面中
In meeting last time, with my client,
我发现他可能是无辜的
I realized he might be innocent
并没有犯下他被控告的...
of the charges he was accused of...
-谋杀罪 法官阁下 -是吗 无辜的
- That would be murder, Your Honor. - Really, innocent?
真少见啊
How novel.
三周之前 一位凡内加斯先生被捕
Three weeks ago, a Mr. Vanegas was arrested
并承认对三名敌对的帮派成员
and pled to three manslaughter charges
犯下了过失杀人罪
of competing gang members.
这件事提醒了我
It occurred to me,
所有这些杀人事件和我客户被指控的罪行之间
these killings had many of the same characteristics
有非常多的相同特点
as the murder my client was accused of.
陪审团已作出裁决 法官阁下
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表