剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
这点我倒是赞同
Oh, uh, I'll, I'll grant you that.
而且那个问题无需回答 答案是肯定的
And the question doesn't need to be asked. That's true.
所以舞蹈版权的所有者不是这位舞者
So the owner of the copyright is not the dancer.
她并没有将她的编舞写下来
She didn't write her choreography down.
版权应该归于拿着照相机
It's the person who held the camera
录下舞蹈的这个人
and recorded the choreography?
没错 所以我才付给了罗素·查克瓦根四万美元
Yes, which is why I paid Russell Chuckwagon $40,000
来买♥♥下舞蹈的版权
to insure this copyright.
罗素·查克瓦根是谁
Who's Russell Chuckwagon?
一姐特瑞娜久未联♥系♥的男友
Tip-top Trina's estranged boyfriend.
所以你忽视了她的男朋友
So you just ignored the boyfriend?
我当然要忽视她的男朋友
Of course I ignored the boyfriend.
-查克瓦根先生 -是的
- Mr. Chuckwagon? - Yes.
那份视频具有价值的唯一理由
The only reason that video has any value
就是特瑞娜的舞蹈
is because of Trina's dance.
只因为她男友那时刚好举着照相机
The notion that he deserves any consideration
就要把他纳入到庭审中的想法真是
just because he happened to be holding the camera...
这会让法律狗屁不是
It-it makes the law an ass.
如您所见 瓦克纳先生完全不尊重法律
As you can see, Mr. Wackner has completely disregarded the law.
仲裁人没有必要必须遵从律法
Arbitrators are under no obligation to follow the law
除非合同上有明确的规定
unless the contract stipulates to that,
但在本案中并无这样的规定
which it doesn't, in this case.
此外 舒尔茨先生的论证思路
More-Moreover, Mr. Schultz's line of argument
建立在有种族歧视嫌疑的法律基础之上
relies on laws with disturbing racial implications.
如果规定所有艺术必须明确记录才能著名的话
By requiring that art be recorded before being owned,
那么法律会对很多艺术种类不利 黑人爵士乐
the law systematically disadvantages Black jazz
比波普音乐家 还有霹雳舞舞者
and bebop musicians, as well as break dancers
和弗朗明哥舞者
and flamenco artists...
世上有太多天赋过人的
There are a whole slew of gifted,
通常不是白种的人
often non-white people
他们非常擅长即兴创作的艺术
who specialize in improvisational art.
你 你真的想建议说
Do you... do you really want to suggest
不论是谁在他们身边举着个手♥机♥拍摄
that whoever's holding a phone next to them
那个人就能够拥有他们创造出来的艺术吗
is the one that owns the art that they created?
请坐 瓦克纳先生
Sit down, Mr. Wackner.
辩护律师是说她赞同被告的观点吗
Defense counsel is saying that she agrees with him?
-赞同法律狗屁不是 -我
- That the law is an ass? - I...
在本案当中是的 我赞同他的观点
In this particular case, yes, I guess I do.
帕梅拉·法利法官
我们不能再匍匐在
We need to stop worshipping
法律宵小和资本强盗脚边崇敬他们了
at the heels of legal weasels and corporate pirates.
还需要我多说吗 法官阁下
Do I need to say more, Your Honor?
被告极度享受
The defense revels in disregarding
无视版权法核心原则的感觉
a central tenet of copyright law.
在本案中 本庭同意
In this case, the court agrees.
版权法狗屁不通
The law is an ass.
别逼我反悔
Don't make me regret this.
瓦克纳先生在他的职权范围之内有权无视
Mr. Wackner is well within his rights to ignore
查克瓦根先生对舞蹈艺术做出的卓越贡献
Mr. Chuckwagon's massive contribution to the arts.
-雷迪克女士 我已经有裁定了 -法官阁下
- Ms. Reddick, I'm ready to rule. - Your Honor,
-我们还有一个证人 -天哪
- we have one more witness. - Oh, my god,
跟僵尸一样打不死
it's like a zombie.
瓦克纳先生 我觉得你可以下去了
I think you can step down now, Mr. Wackner.
今天你说的比喻已经够多了
We've heard enough metaphors from you today.
新证人是谁
Who is the new witness,
-舒尔茨先生 -他叫戴尔·库珀
- Mr. Schultz? - His name is Del Cooper.
库珀先生 你刚刚可错过了辩护律师
Mr. Cooper, you missed quite a passionate little speech
-有关资本强盗的激♥情♥小演讲 -是吗
- by the defendant about corporate pirates. - I did?
-反对 -反对有效
- Objection. - Sustained.
舒尔茨先生 你干脆开门见山吧
Mr. Schultz, why don't you just get to the point?
没问题
Gladly.
瓦克纳先生所谓的法庭的出资人是谁
Who is the financial backer for Wackner's so-called court?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
瓦克纳先生的法庭在过去一个月的花销
Mr. Wackner's court has become more and more expensive
变得越来越大
over the last month.
-谁在出钱付账 -反对
- Who's footing the bill? - Objection.
法官阁下 他只是一个电视制♥作♥人
You're Honor, I-I'm not sure why this is being asked
我不明白为什么要问他这些
of a mere TV producer.
那是因为这位不仅"只是一个电视制♥作♥人"
I'm asking because this "mere TV producer"
他还知晓法庭内部财政的信息
has inside information about the court's financing.
那这些又和本案有什么关系
Why does this really matter at all?
与偏见有关 法官阁下
Because of bias, Your Honor.
我觉得只要他回答我的问题
I think the answer to my question
一切就都不言自喻了
will be self-explanatory.
好吧
Okay.
请回答
Go ahead.
你是否知道资助法庭的人
Do you know who is financing this court?
-我知道 -是谁
- I do. - Who?
大卫·科德
David Cord.
大卫·科德
David Cord?
大卫·科德 那个亿万
David Cord the billion...
没错 那个亿万身家的金融家
Yes, the billionaire financier.
正是坐在那里的那位先生
That gentleman right there.
你觉得他为什么来旁听
Why do you think he's here?
因为他给一家竞争对手的电子游戏公♥司♥投资了
He's financing a video game company in direct competition.
法官阁下 反对
Uh, uh, objection, Your Honor.
律师自证
The-the counselor is testifying.
别吵 安静 稍等一下再说
Oh, no, no. Come on. Come on. Just hold on a minute.
舒尔茨先生 说完你的观点
Mr. Schultz, finish your thought.
科德先生投资了瑞格游戏公♥司♥
Mr. Cord invests in Riga,
我客户的最大竞争对手
my client's biggest gaming rival,
同时还资助了瓦克纳先生的法庭
while also investing in Mr. Wackner's court.
不久之后
A short time later,
瓦克纳先生就判我客户输掉了官司
Mr. Wackner rules against my client.
你难道不觉得应该先告诉我们一声
Did you not think it was worth mentioning
你给他的竞争对手公♥司♥投资了吗
that you'd invested in competing game manufacturers?
我投资的公♥司♥非常多
I invest in everything.
这家投10% 那家投20%
I've got 10% of this, 20% of that.
事实上 我自己都不记得
Actually, I had no idea I was invested
曾给电子游戏公♥司♥投资过
in a video game company.
我建议我们把握住这次机会
Then I propose we seize the moment.
-什么意思 -我们霸气地走回去
- What does that mean? - We march back in there,
-然后我用事实折服他们 -我的天
- and I bowl them over with the truth. - Oh, my God.
历史就是由大量精彩的华丽辞藻堆砌而成的
History's been made by great rhetorical flourishes.
并没有
Well, not really.
"我们应该在沙滩上迎战他们
"We shall fight them on the beaches.
我们人数虽少却很快乐"
We few, we happy few..."
科德先生 他们下一步就会
Mr. Cord, their next move is going to be
传召你的财政记录了
to subpoena your financial records.
他们打算把你拉上证人席
They're gonna want to put you on the stand.
我觉得你可不会希望事情如此发展
I don't think you want to go down that road.
-没错 -好吧
- You're right. - All right.
那我们 我们申请延期审理
Now, let's... let's ask for a continuance.
好吗 从财政入手我们没法打败他们
All right? We'll be unopposed from the other side.
他们 他们也不急着审结此案
They-- they're in no hurry to force this issue.
延期审理到什么时候
A continuance till when?
法官的档期很满
Well, the judge has a busy calendar.
我也不清楚 大概十个月吧
So, I don't know, about ten months.
去他大爷的 这下麻烦了
Holy fucking hell. That's the problem.
没人着急 我们推迟推迟再推迟
No one's in a hurry. We delay and delay and delay.
等到有一天我们回顾自己的一生
One day, we look back on our lives,
会突然好奇日子都过没了
wonder where the fuck they went.
-我们等着的时候有人会死的 -哈尔
- People die while we wait. - Hal.
这样才能让你的法庭继续开下去
This allows you to keep your court open.
让你有一整年的时间去理清思路
It gives you the whole year to work out the kinks
还能上电视
and get it on TV.
如果大家都不必
What does it matter
听从我的裁决那还有什么意义
if people do not have to follow my judgements?
我说罚六百万
I say six million
然后他们就跑去大♥法♥庭哭诉
and they just go whining to Big Boy court.
一直在上诉 从来不停止
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表