剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
我们亲眼看着邦联旗
I mean, we watched the Confederate flag
进了国会大厦
make its way into the Capitol building.
那些库尔特
You know, those people that
不想交给联调局的人
Kurt didn't want to turn over to the FBI,
那些人
those people...
他们根本不想让我们活下去
They don't even want us alive.
并非全都如此
Well, not all of them.
对不起 这不是我的本意 我...
I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I...
绝不是在为这些人辩护
certainly not defending those people.
他们都是卑鄙的叛徒
They're all despicable traitors.
现在 他们就是这样说朱利叶斯的
And now, that's what people are saying about Julius.
还有我
And me?
戴安 我...
Diane, I...
-他们在排挤我吗 -没有
- Am I being pushed out? - No.
没有排挤你
Not pushed out.
你是冠名合伙人 没人能排挤你
You're a name partner. You can't be pushed out.
但是呢
But...?
合伙人们只是觉得你应该做正确的事
The partners just think you should do the right thing.
退位让贤
And step aside?
不 你得留下
No. Stay in the firm.
作为权益合伙人留下
Stay as an equity partner,
只是退出管理岗位
just step back from your managerial role.
莉兹 我带来了很多大客户
Liz, I-- I pull in the big clients.
我
I...
我也有不少计费工时
I get the billable hours.
但他们还是说"也许你应该退出"
But still, "Maybe you should step aside."
我们不是要创建一所
Weren't we going to form a firm
由女性领导的律所吗
led by women?
我也
And I...
希望如此
hope that it will be.
只有黑人女性吗
But Black women?
戴安 我
Diane, I...
我不会投票让你退出
I am not voting against you.
我向你保证过我不会
I promised you that I wouldn't.
但这里的愤怒正愈演愈烈
But there is growing anger here.
他们想在下次合伙人会议上讨论这个问题
They want to address it at the next partners' meeting.
所以请考虑一下
So just think about it.
你是个好人
You're a good person.
不 我不是
No, I'm not.
你是
Yes, you are.
你想怎么办
What do you want to do?
我想怎么办
What do I want to do?
我想把我的名字保留在信头上
I want to keep my name on the letterhead.
我想保住我的奋斗成果
I want to keep what I fought for.
这是我在性别和年龄歧视中努力抗争得来的
Against gender and then age discrimination.
这个职位是我应得的
I deserve that position.
我不想退出
And I don't want to step aside.
那就别退出
Then don't.
戴安 这是我第一次
Diane, this is the first time
听到你说丧气话
I've ever heard you sound defeated.
因为我赢不了
Because I can't win this.
-你肯定能赢 -不 我不能
- Sure you can. - No, I can't.
你只是不想赢
You just don't want to.
这不是想不想的问题
It's bigger than that.
这么做的话会和我所相信的理念背道而驰
To fight this would go against every fiber of my being.
你的理念是要争胜
Every fiber in your being is about winning.
如果你不努力争取
If you don't try to win,
就等于放弃一切
then you might as well give up on everything.
库尔特 我很感激你帮我打气
Kurt, I appreciate the pep talk,
但我跟你的想法不一样
but I don't think the way you think.
我不能把我的利益置于这群人之上
I cannot put my interests above a whole group of people--
这群黑人
Black people--
只为了保住我的职位
just so I can keep my position.
不 我是说你很有才华
No, I'm saying you are talented.
如果有人能打败你 可以
If someone is gonna beat you, let them beat you,
但要用他们的才华来赢
but with talent.
但人们总是觉得黑人的才华
But a Black person's talent
不如我的才华有价值
has always been valued less than mine.
那你说得对
Then you're right.
放弃吧
Give up.
离开律所
Leave the firm.
他们不想要你
They don't want you.
库尔特
Kurt...
你觉得选举没有作弊 对吗
You don't think the election was stolen, do you?
库尔特
Kurt?
好吧
Well?
你怎么看
What do you think?
你的工作
About your work?
嗯 嘘 他睡着了
Yeah, shh. He's sleeping.
是的
Yes.
我觉得你知道我的想法
I think you know what I think.
不 我觉得我不知道
No, I-I don't think I do.
我觉得你很聪明
I think you're brilliant.
我觉得律所疯了才会让你走
I think any law firm would be insane to let you go.
这不是你想说的
That's not you.
你说的都是我想听的话
That's you telling me what I want to hear.
你想知道我的真实想法吗
You want to know what I really think?
是的 告诉我
I do. Tell me.
我这辈子 不断地有人要我退位
All my life, I was told to step aside.
我在法学院时 怀孕了
I was in law school. I had a baby.
有人说我应该离职
And I was told I should step aside,
他们好找个男人接替我的职位
so that a man could take my position.
当吉米·卡特任命我为
I was told to step aside
上诉法♥院♥法官时 有人要我退位
when Jimmy Carter appointed me to the Court of Appeals.
到了最高法♥院♥也是如此
And the same with the Supreme Court.
你要记住
Here's the thing...
不要因为有人要你走你就走
Don't step aside because someone wants you to.
不要为了政♥治♥退位
Don't step aside for politics.
男人总要求女人退位
Men are always asking women to step aside
让男人先行
so a man can go first.
哪怕有人要我退位
Even though I'm being asked to step aside
好让一个黑人接替我的位置
so that a Black person can take my place?
你还能为女性事业做贡献吗
Can you still do something for women?
能
Yes.
那就去做
Then... then do it.
不要退位
Don't step aside.
不管要付出什么代价 不要退位
Whatever it takes, don't step aside.
最近生意如何
So how's business?
你说呢
You tell me.
没有官司
Well, no more lawsuits.
收益再创新高
And you had your best year this year.
是啊 谁能想到呢
Yeah, who knew?
疫情对水力压裂开采天然气很有帮助
Pandemic years are great for fracking.
而且我们律所在民♥主♥党的影响力对让你受益
And being in this firm helps with Democratic influencers.
我知道
Yeah, I see that.
鲍勃 今天我要你来
So, Bob, I asked you here today
是因为我们律所将会进行一些重大调整
because the firm is undergoing a fairly major change.
我不再是合伙人
I'm stepping down as a partner,
所以以后你的案子就不是我来进行日常跟进了
so I won't be meeting with you day-to-day on your cases.
-什么 -是的
- What? - Yes.
抱歉 以后马德琳负责你的案子
I'm sorry. Madeline will be handling your cases.
她就站在那
She's standing right over there.
等下
Wait.
我没明白 她是谁
I don't get this. Who is she?
她是一名合伙人
Uh, she's a partner.
很厉害
She's very good.
我还是会处理你的案子
I'll-I'll still be handling your cases.
只是日常跟进不是我来做
I just won't have daily contact with you.
但我更习惯跟你合作
But I'm more comfortable with you.
我不想换人
I don't won't to start over with someone new.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表