剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
Uh, and I won't take up too much of your time.
-看来今天不是个好日子 -总统交接
- Seems like a bad day - Presidential transition,
很多人都被解雇了
a lot of people are being let go.
很抱歉 但你没被解雇
Uh, I'm so sorry. But not you, though?
还没 除非你是为此而来
Not yet. Unless that's why you're here.
不不不
Oh. No, no, no, no.
我是所谓的深层政♥府♥
I'm the deep state.
我们不做任何有实际意义的事
We don't do anything meaningful.
我跟你的一位朋友谈过 他叫迪伦·派克
Mm. I spoke to a friend of yours, Dylan Pike.
他说你教他如何使用AR-15步♥枪♥ 九毫米手♥枪♥
He said you trained him in the use of AR-15s, nine millimeters,
以及如何购买♥♥散装弹♥药♥
how to buy ammunition in bulk.
我们给他的小组教授了很多课程
We covered a bunch of subjects in his group.
所以你教的不止他一个
So it wasn't just a one-on-one.
是一小组老兵
It was a small group of veterans.
我觉得这个小组有五位老兵
I believe this group was five veterans.
你不会正好记得跟派克一起学习的
You wouldn't happen to remember the names
其他四个人的名字吧
of the other four individuals who trained with Mr. Pike?
这应该是一月冲击国会事件
This would be sometime prior to the January events, uh,
之前的事
at the Capitol.
你能告诉我他们的名字吗
Could you provide me with those names?
不能
No.
抱歉 不行
Sorry. Can't.
你是不能 还是不想
You can't? Or you won't?
你表现得非常冷静
You have a very calm manner.
我应该冷静 但我慌乱不安
I should be calm, but I'm unnerved.
还有别的事吗 斯达克女士
Anything else, Ms. Starkey?
没有 暂时没有了
No. No, no, not right now.
但很快会有 我们保持联络
But pretty soon. We'll be in touch.
你当主编多久了 胡克斯特拉顿先生
You've been a managing editor for how long, Mr. Hookstratten?
23年
Twenty-three years.
在那之前我当了10年的记者
I was a reporter for ten years before that.
而且你知道 对吗
And you were aware, were you not,
这个在社交媒体上流传的
of this story that was circulating on social media
关于自行车店老板诱骗小学生
about a bike shop owner grooming school children
实话实说新闻网
自行车店老板因猥亵儿童被捕
进行性骚扰的故事
for sexual exploitation.
我知道 是的
I was aware of it, yes.
那你们的报社为什么不报道这个故事
Why didn't your newspaper cover the story?
看上去挺有新闻价值的 对吗
It-- It seems like it was newsworthy, right?
-如果是真的才有价值 -你怎么知道不是真的
- If it were true, yes. - How do you know it wasn't?
因为我花了两周时间来调查这些谣言
Because I spent two weeks running down the rumors.
关于这个故事 网上什么都没有
In the case of this story, there was nothing,
只有谣言
just a lot of gossip online.
那你决定不报道这个故事时
Now, what kind of financial shape of your newspaper
你们报社的财务状况如何
at the time that you decided not to run the story?
法官阁下 我很抱歉 但我必须反对
Your Honor, I'm sorry, but I have to object there.
-与本案无关 -第230节的责任豁免对报社
- Relevance. - The financial impact of Section 230's exemption
-造成的财务影响与本案直接相关 -反对无效
- on newspapers is directly relevant. - Overruled.
我们破产了 正在找经纪人
We were broke and getting broker.
我们赖以生存的广♥告♥商
The advertisers we'd counted on
大部分都转向互联网了
had mostly gone over to the Internet.
我们的报社关门大吉只是
It was only a matter of time before we wouldn't be able
时间问题
to keep the lights on anymore.
半年前 这一刻终于来了
Six months ago, that time came.
你问吧
Your witness.
分类广♥告♥曾一度是报纸的
Classified ads were a big source of revenue for newspapers
-主要收入来源 对吗 -没错
- at one time. Is that right? - They were.
我想这都是过去的事了
I imagine those being a thing of the past contributed to that.
-是的 -那有线新闻网呢
- It did. - What about cable news networks?
-对你们有影响吗 -反对 法官阁下
- That have an impact? - Objection, Your Honor.
我们并没有就有线新闻或分类广♥告♥提起诉讼
We are not litigating over cable news or classified ads.
没错 你们的诉讼理由是未经证实的理论
That's right. We're litigating over your untested theory
你们说报社破产是因为社交媒体
that newspapers went bankrupt because social media
在市场上具有政♥府♥支持的优势
has a government-sanctioned advantage in the marketplace.
法官阁下 我们至少应该证实一下这个理论
We should, Your Honor, at the very least, test this theory.
同意 反对无效
Agreed. Overruled.
胡克斯特拉顿先生 有没有这种可能
Is it possible, Mr. Hookstratten,
这些报社破产的原因
that the reason these newspapers went bankrupt
只不过是因为
is no more complicated
他们跟不上竞争对手的步伐而已
than they didn't keep up with their competition?
这是原因之一
That's one reason.
谢谢你没有反驳这么显而易见的事情
Thank you for not contesting the obvious.
胡克斯特拉顿先生
Mr. Hookstratten...
你们的报纸没做过这样的调查吗
...didn't your newspaper conduct this survey
-读者现在从哪里获取新闻资讯 -做过
- of where readers were now getting their news? - Yes.
最主要的四个来源是什么
And what were the top four sources?
脸书 推特 谷歌♥ 查查网
Facebook, Twitter, Google, Chumhum.
我们不能因为诽谤 中伤或欺诈而起诉
None of which can be sued for
上述任何一家网站
defamation, libel, or fraud.
那你觉得这会影响到你报道哪些故事
Now, do you think that enters in to what stories
不报道哪些故事吗
you do run, and what stories you do not run?
这一直是悬在你头上的利剑
It's always hanging over your head.
高客网已经被某些希望他们倒闭的人
Gawker was sued out of existence
告到不复存在了
by someone who wanted them shut down.
报社或网站都有可能发生这种事
That can happen to a newspaper or a website.
但脸书不会
It can't happen to Facebook.
我忘了你还在这里
Oh, I forgot you were in here.
对 你不用再做这些事了
Yeah. You don't need to do those anymore.
我们现在要告查查网
We're suing Chumhum now.
案件编号♥15 开始吧
Uh, case number 15. Let's go.
休庭五分钟
Five-minute recess.
别碰这些道具 拜托
Don't touch these props, please.
我想两者兼顾
I want to do both.
我想在这里做助理 也想在雷/洛律所工作
I want to clerk here, and I want to work at Reddick/Lockhart.
你能给我多少时间
How many hours can you give me?
你要我做些什么
What do you need me to do?
好吧
Well...
我的版权证书
My copyright certificates are...
受到了同人小说爱好者的欢迎
are catching on with the fan fiction crowd, and...
我需要你帮我处理这些
I need you to process them.
版权证书
这东西你收多少钱
How much are you charging for these?
我查了编剧协会对剧本注册的收费标准
I checked what the Writers Guild charged for script registration.
-20块 -你开玩笑吧
- 20 bucks. - You're kidding.
-那你卖♥♥了多少份 -412份
- And how many have you sold? - 412.
-什么 -我知道
- What? - I know.
消息在网上传开了
It spread online.
但这东西没有任何意义
But these don't mean anything.
就是张纸而已
They're just pieces of paper.
你觉得美国版权是什么
What do you think US copyright is?
我的证书至少能用71年
Mine is at least good for 71 years.
比美国版权还多一年
That's a year more than US.
好吧 但剽窃者还是可以抄袭作品
Okay, but a plagiarist can still steal a work.
有美国版权他们也可以抄
They can do that with the US copyright.
只是有人会上法庭起诉他们
They just get sued in court,
就像在我的法庭上一样
like they would in my court.
天呐
Oh, my God.
梅丽莎 我要在这里做有意义的事
Marissa, I'm building something here.
我想让你加入
I want you to join me.
我想听你的建议
I want your advice.
想听你对案件的建议
I want your advice on cases.
我想和你讨论法律理论
I want to bounce legal theories off you.
你的法律理论是什么
What are your legal theories?
不知道 所以才需要有人讨论
I don't know. That's why I need to bounce them.
好 我可以给你正午到下午两点
Okay. I can give you from noon to 2:00 pm,
和下午五点到七点 如果你觉得可以的话
and 5:00 to 7:00, if you want it.
成交
Boom.
革命就是这样诞生的
That's how revolutions are made.
在打印店的密室里
Back rooms of copy shops.
我们走
Let's go.
我回来了
Hey! I'm home.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表