剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
But it didn't make any difference
因为被告破产了
because the defendant is bankrupt.
我不知道怎么...
I-I don't, uh, know how...
而且客户也支付不起律师费了
And the client's retainer is gone.
-他没钱付你 -科德先生
- He has no money to pay you. - Mr. Cord...
所以 我想雇你们继续替他起诉
So, I want to hire you to continue to sue on his behalf.
我给你们1200万资金和半年时间
I'll offer you a $12 million fund to continue the suit
继续上诉这个案子
for another six months.
为什么
Why?
我唯一的要求是你们另找一个被告
My only request is that you go after a different defendant
指控其毁谤
for defamation.
一个有钱的被告
One with deeper pockets.
那家四处散布
The social media company
贝克女士的恶毒谎言的社交媒体公♥司♥
that distributed Ms. Beck's vile lies to the public.
但1200万是一大笔钱
But $12 million is a lot of money.
这对你来说有什么好处
So, what's in this for you?
我想废除《通信规范法案》第230节
I want to go after Section 230.
《傲骨之战》
短片
*曾几何时 无人上网*
*Back when there was no one on the Internet*
*没有手♥机♥*
*We had no iPhones*
*也没有表情包*
*Memes were not invented yet*
第230节
*国会制定法律 助其蓬勃发展*
*Congress made up a law to help it blossom and grow*
*所以现在无论我的用户说什么 都没法起诉我*
*So now I can't get sued for what my users say*
*所以我有两艘宇宙飞船*
*That's why I own two spaceships*
*坐拥大部分洛杉矶*
*And most of L.A.*
*全靠哄骗你*
*All from winding you up*
*看你沦陷*
*And then watching you go*
*我只想让你参与*
*I just want to engage you*
*让你暴怒的事情*
*With things to enrage you*
*让你的眼睛盯着屏幕*
*To keep your eyes on your screen*
*我却无事一身轻*
*I don't ever get dirty*
*因为第230节*
*Because Section 230*
第230节
*让我的双手清清白白*
*Is keeping my hands so clean...*
*告诉你个好消息*
*Here's the good news*
*每人都有发言权*
*Everybody has a voice*
*告诉你个坏消息*
*Here's the bad news*
*每人都有发言权*
*Everybody has a voice*
*欺诈者和骗子 愚者攘攘*
*Cheats and liars, the fools*
*疯子和刻薄人 鱼龙混杂*
*And the mad and the mean*
阿♥拉♥伯之春是阿♥拉♥伯世界的一次颜♥色♥革♥命♥浪潮
*带来了阿♥拉♥伯之春革命 和"我也是"运动
*You get Arab Spring, you get #MeToo*
*额外奖励*
*Bonus items*
披萨门 2016年总统大选前谣言声称希拉里·克♥林♥顿♥
和民♥主♥党精英在华盛顿一家披萨店经营儿童性♥交♥易团伙
*披萨门事件 假新闻和匿名者Q*
*Pizzagate, fake news and Q*
*我有原则*
*I've got principles*
*抱歉无法插手*
*So, sorry, I can't intervene*
国会
*所以责怪当初立法的人*
*So blame the people who wrote it out*
*他们提倡*
*They promote it*
*为了让你眼不离屏*
*To keep your eyes on your screen*
*我却无事一身轻*
*I don't ever get dirty*
*因为第230节*
*Because Section 230*
*让我的双手*
*Is keeping my hands*
*清清白白*
*So clean.*
杰
Jay.
我该怎么打匿名电♥话♥
How do I make an anonymous phone call?
-你有一次性手♥机♥吗 -没有
- Do you have a burner? - No.
你好 对
Uh, hello. Yes...
我想告发1月6日暴♥动♥中
I would like to report the name
其中一位暴徒的名字
of one of the January 6 rioters.
我看到了你的告示
I saw on your poster.
美国国会山暴♥力♥事件
迪伦·派克
Dylan Pike.
不
No.
我不想留名
I-I'd rather not leave my name.
不 我不想
No. I-I don't.
大卫·科德对我们来说不是个好形象
David Cord is not a good look for us.
我觉得1200万会让我们看起来很好
I think we would look great in $12 million.
血钱
Blood money.
这有点夸张了
That's a little dramatic.
过去十年他捐赠给共和党
The amount of money he's spent funding Republican campaigns
-用于竞选的资金... -如果你不是忙于
- over the last decade... - If you all weren't all so busy
鄙视共和党
turning up your noses at the Republican Party,
你也许会记得民♥主♥党和共和党
you might remember that Democrats and Republicans
都认为第230节有缺陷
thought Section 230 was flawed.
这是个联合的好机会
Here's an opportunity for the unity
让民♥主♥党说出自己的想法
that the Democrats say they want.
我从不想跟白人至上主义者联合
I've never asked to unite with white supremacists.
好吧 我们不要假装这是个两党问题了
Yeah, let's not pretend this is some bipartisan issue, though.
右翼完全无意
The right has no interest in
停止针对这些党纲的阴谋论
stopping conspiracy theories on these platforms.
最有用的方法是婴儿潮出生的人别再相信
It would help if the boomers would stop falling
这种阴谋论
for those conspiracy theories
并分享给他们的朋友了
and sharing it with their friends.
抱歉 但的确是这样
Sorry, but it would.
而且别再图谋推♥翻♥政♥府♥
And no more plotting to overthrow the government,
或在网上跟踪记者了
or stalking journalists online.
那些想要指控自己上司
What about the employee that wants to speak out
实施性骚扰的员工呢
against the boss that's sexually harassing them?
如果废除第230节 也不会出现"我也是"运动了
They repeal Section 230, and there would be no #MeToo.
我不相信 规范第230节
I don't believe that. You regulate Section 230,
会让报纸重新变得有竞争力
and let the newspapers get back to actually being competitive.
我们可不想回去看报纸 老爷爷
We're not going back to reading newspapers, grandpa.
老爷爷 这么说可不合适
Grandpa? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. That's inappropriate.
-没必要... -你刚才真的说了"老爷爷"
- There's no need... - Did you really just say "grandpa"?
等等 等等
Wait! Wait. Wait. Wait.
如果我们要把社交媒体巨头告上法庭
If we're gonna go after the social media giants,
我们就需要科德这样雄厚的财力
we need the resources of a deep pocket like Cord.
-你去哪 -去法庭
- Where are you going? - To court.
但我们还没决定是否接受这个科德的钱
But we haven't decided if we're taking this Cord money yet.
我们当然接受
Of course we are.
行吧
Ooh-kay.
这是个新案子
This is a new suit?
是同一件事 法官阁下 但被告变了
It's the same facts, Your Honor, but different defendant.
-你们要告查查网 -是的 法官阁下
- You're suing Chumhum? - Yes, Your Honor.
我想你们都看过第230节
You have read Section 230, I assume.
是的 第230节号♥称是为互联网平台免责的
Yes, Section 230 purports to shield Internet platforms
但我们认为这是违宪的
from liability, but we believe it is unconstitutional
因为这违反第一修正案
because it contravenes the First Amendment.
为什么会这样
And how does it do that?
第一修正案规定
Well, the First Amendment states that, uh,
"国会不得制定
"Congress shall make no law
剥夺新闻自♥由♥的法律"
abridging the freedom of the press."
第230节跟新闻界没有任何关系
Section 230 doesn't say anything about the press.
不 但实际上这条法律让新闻界遭受了重大打击
No, but in practice, the law has decimated the press.
通过第230节
Through Section 230,
政♥府♥已经让法律的天平偏向了
the government has placed its thumb on the scales,
互联网平台
in favor of Internet platforms
而不是报纸或其他媒体
over newspapers and other press outlets.
退伍军人事务部
该死的民♥主♥党
Fucking Democrats.
-保重 -保持联络
- Take care. - Stay in touch.
需要我帮忙吗
May I help you?
当然 希望如此
Oh. Sure hope so.
我是马德琳·斯达克 联调局的
Um, Madeline Starkey. I'm with the FBI.
我一直不习惯说这句话 听起来特别夸张
I'll never get used to saying that. It sounds so melodramatic.
我先生给我设了个手♥机♥铃♥声♥
My husband made a ringtone for my phone.
我是联调局的马德琳·斯达克
I'm Madeline Starkey with the FBI.
你好
Hi.
-需要我帮忙吗 斯达克女士 -真有礼貌
- May I help you, Ms. Starkey? - Oh, so polite.
是的 你也许能帮忙回答几个问题
Uh, yes, uh, you may help me by answering a few questions.
我不会占用你太多时间
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表