剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
这位不知名的客户担心
that he worries, this unnamed client,
对你丈夫的调查
that the investigation of your husband
有可能是联调局想调查他而设下的烟雾弹
might actually be a smoke screen for coming after him.
发生什么事了吗
Has something happened?
假设
Hypothetically.
现在有新的消息
Well, there is a new piece of information,
我想告诉你们二位
and I'd like to share it with the two of you.
不过我要把这话说在前头
But let me start by saying,
我的客户喜欢卡门
my client likes Carmen.
很高兴知道
Well, that's good to know.
卡门是一位很有价值的初级律师
Carmen a valued first-year associate.
这也是其中一个原因
It's one of the reasons...
不 这句话去掉 这是他留在这家律所的
No, strike that, it's the only reason
唯一原因
that he's staying with this firm.
所以如果卡门告诉你们
And so if Carmen tells you
她无法告诉你任何信息
that she can't share with you a piece of information,
那她就不能告诉你们任何信息
then she can't share with you a piece of information.
不 莱斯特先生 事情不是这么办的
No, Mr. Lester, that is not at all how this works.
我还是回避一下
I'd better step out.
-不 不 不 -不 不 留下
- No, no, no, no, no, no, no. - No. No. Stay.
我是冠名合伙人
Now, I am a name partner.
卡门是一名初级律师
Carmen is a first-year associate.
她才刚从法学院毕业多久来着
She's only been out of law school for how long?
几个月了
How many months?
-八个 -八个月了
- Eight. - Eight months.
卡门可以随时离职
Now, Carmen is free to resign,
随意找一家喜欢的律所高就
and hang her shingle wherever she'd like.
她甚至可以离职去为你工作
She can even go and work for you.
这全由她来决定
That is up to her.
但是既然她在这家律所 就要守这里的规矩
But while she is here, she is subject to the rules
接受我们的指导
and the mentoring of this firm.
卡门 要不我们单独聊两句
Carmen, why don't you and I talk?
不必了
No.
我们现在需要知道卡门是否愿意留在这里
We need to know now if Carmen is staying,
不能等你们谈完
not after you two talk.
如果她现在离开
If she leaves right now,
我们就要再找一名律师
we will look for another associate.
不过你还有很多要学习的 卡门
But you have a lot to learn, Carmen,
只有在这你才能学得到
and you can only do that here.
这也正是我担心的地方
Well, that's what worries me.
有些人才最好还是不要受到雕琢
There are some explosions of talent that are best left untaught.
我不同意你的观点 不过这取决于卡门
Well, I disagree with you, but this is up to Carmen.
卡门
Carmen?
莱斯特先生 我...
Mr. Lester, I'm...
我要留在这
I'm staying here.
那我去告诉我的客户
Well, I'll talk to my client.
如果你要问会发生什么的话
You asked if something happened.
就在十分钟内
Uh, it will happen in ten minutes.
你的丈夫会被大陪审团传唤
Your husband, uh, will be served with a grand jury summons.
库尔特 打给我
Kurt, call me.
大约十分钟内 你可能会被
In about ten minutes, you're probably going to be served
大陪审团传唤
with a grand jury summons.
别担心 只是助理检察官在施压
Don't worry, it is just a power play by this AUSA.
我们只用...
So, we'll just...
库尔特
Kurt...
我晚点打给你
I'll have to call you back.
我刚被传唤了
I've just been served.
每个人都有一个球拍
Each of you has been given a paddle.
一面是红的 一面是绿的
One side is red, the other green.
过材料时
As we go through the material,
如果发现某个笑话比较冒犯
I want you to hold up the red side
请亮出红色那面
if you find the joke offensive,
如果觉得好笑 举绿色
green for funny.
"为什么阿米什人的屁♥股♥都这么丰满有料"
"What is it with Amish having such big, juicy butts?"
"一定是因为那些马车"
"Must be all those buggy rides."
阿米什人生活简朴
马车
Buggy rides.
来吧 大伙
Come on, anybody.
红色 觉得冒犯 绿色 觉得搞笑
Uh, red, offensive; green, funny.
如果都不想选呢
What if it's neither?
可以看看之前没有被和谐的版本吗
Can we see the original joke before it was sensitized?
-现在比较好笑 -也很冒犯
- Now, that's funny. - And offensive.
但是好笑的重点就是要有点颠覆性 不是吗
But the whole point is to be subversive, right?
如果我们把段子改得面目全非 就会惹恼客户
And we're going to piss off the client if we turn it into shit.
-没错 -把它改成屎
- Yeah. - Turn it into shit.
-但这就是我们的工作 -听我说
- That's our job. - Hey, hey, hey.
我在俱乐部里看过这个女人的表演
I've seen this woman in clubs,
但我并没有觉得被冒犯到
and I'm not offended.
而且据我所知 我是黑人
And last I checked, I'm Black.
-他是黑人 -所以让她完成好自己的表演就行
- He is Black. - So, just let the woman do her thing.
-好吧 有没有人能告诉他... -可是...
- All right, has anybody filled this guy in... - Okay, but...
等等 等等 我们有点偏离正题了
Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. We're getting off track.
-好吧 -你们这些年轻人
- Okay. - You young people
对这方面的了解程度远远超过我们
know more about this than we do.
所以我们需要你们的帮助
So, we need your help.
她开哪些内容的玩笑是没有问题的
What's safe for her to joke about?
要想逗笑别人 就得开性方面的玩笑
You want to make people laugh, you joke about sex.
好吗 我就是这样做的
Okay? That's what I do.
-可这是很冒犯的玩笑 -而且对女性很不友好
- Yeah, and it's offensive. - And anti-woman.
但想讲笑话势必要冒犯到一些人
But you can't tell a joke without offending someone.
那可未必
That's not true.
W·S·吉尔伯特百年之后
W.S. Gilbert still delights,
仍然引人捧腹大笑 仅仅靠精妙的台词艺术
over a hundred years later, with delicious wordplay.
但吉尔伯特和沙利文都是阶级歧视和殖民♥主♥义混♥蛋♥
Except Gilbert & Sullivan is classist and colonialist bullshit.
好吧
Fine.
那金发傻妞怎么算
Then how about dumb blondes?
最好收回这句话
Hey. Take it back.
就好像 好像
So like, so like...
-好像我崩溃了 然后我 -不错呀
- ...like, fall apart, and I was like... - Mm. Okay. Wow.
舞娘和老虎机跑哪去了
Where are the dancing girls and slot machines?
-要来一杯吗 -这还用问
- Hey, want a drink? - Am I Marissa?
-给你 -谢谢
- Hey. Mm. Yeah. - Thank you.
什么事这么好笑
So what's so funny?
只是在说合伙人对于喜剧的想法缺少一些
Uh, just how the partners' ideas on comedy lack...
-真正的幽默 -没错 一些接地气的东西
- Actual humor? - Yeah, and grit and grime.
我喜爱喜剧就像我爱我老婆那样
You know, I like my comedy like I like my women.
-只想为爱鼓掌 -不是
- Dirty? - No.
尖锐又刻薄
Sharp, and-and mean.
在我们小的时候 我们经常相互打趣
Hey, you know, when we were kids we used to cut each other up.
在学校里 我们经常对大家的所有事挖苦嘲笑
At my school, we used to crack on each other about everything.
比如你走路或说话有障碍
If you had a limp or a speech impediment.
又或者你的头发太软或太直
Or your hair was too nappy or too straight.
你太胖或者太瘦都会被开玩笑
Uh, if you were fat or looked starved.
你说真的吗
Uh... Are you serious? Oh...
-我们在一个女孩的洗发露里尿过 -不 那过分了
- We peed in a girl's shampoo bottle. - No, that crosses the line.
可是现在感觉你得申请张许可才能开玩笑了
And now it's like you need a permission slip to tell a joke.
没错 所以我才打印了这些东西
Yeah, and that's why I printed up these.
看
Boom.
准许开一个有关黑人的玩笑
我的天 开玩笑还有许可证了 我太喜欢了
Oh, my God, a permit to tell a joke. I love it.
你可以留下这张
Hey, you can have that one.
我觉得我还是不应该开黑人的玩笑
Uh, I don't think I should make a Black joke.
我受得了
Well, I can handle it.
能给我一个犹太人的许可吗
Can I get a Jewish one?
给
Here.
-杰 你要吗 -一张哪够 快给我
- Jay, you want one? - Shit, I want more than one. Come on.
然后呢 你们就打算把这些分发出去吗
So, what? You're just going to hand these around?
没错 就像交换名片或者比特币
Yeah, like trading cards or Bitcoin.
你还印了些什么
What else you got?
女权主义者
Um, feminists.
奥巴马 卡马拉
Uh, Obama, Kamala.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表