而不是别人
when nobody else is.
我的养父母都是烂人
My foster parents sucked.
-阿历克斯 -真的
- Alex! - No, for real.
他们就把我和其他孩子关在一个房♥间里
They just stuck me in a room with some other kids
他们只管收抚养费
and then collected a check.
除了一个人 那个男的
Except for one. There was one guy.
他在一个仓库上夜班
He worked nights in a warehouse.
到清晨回家后累得不行了
Come home, dead tired at the crack of dawn,
直接去睡觉
and go straight to bed.
但一个小时后 他会醒来
But then, an hour later, he'd wake up,
就为了和我一起吃早饭
just so he could eat cereal with me
然后在我去上学前跟我说
and tell me, you know, "Have a good day,"
"祝你今天过得愉快"
before I went to school.
然后他继续去睡觉
Then he'd go back to sleep.
没做什么大事
Wasn't much, but,
但他真的在乎我
you know, he just gave a crap, you know?
他在乎 而你
He gave a crap, and you, my friend,
你现在非常非常在乎
you are giving so many craps right now.
他能得到最好的
This man's got it made.
他不哭了
He's not crying.
看 我系好了
Look. I did it.
没有好
Mnh. Maybe not.
那是不一样的时代
It was a very different time then.
他的名字 他的基金
It was his name. It was his foundation.
他定的规则
He made the rules.
妈你别说了
Oh, please stop talking, Mom.
我希望帮你理解这事
I'm just trying to help you understand.
我希望你能帮那些女人
Well, I wish you would help those women.
看着我
Look at me.
你叫我要站出来
You told me to step up.
是你想买♥♥这家医院
You wanted to buy this hospital,
我一点也不想
I wanted nothing to do with it,
是你叫我"站出来 带个头
and you said, "Step up. Take the lead.
参与进我们家族的事业里来" 不是吗
Take part in what this family has built," Right?
你做得很好
And you did.
你没告诉我这事业是建立什么之上
You didn't tell me what the hell it was built on.
闭嘴 闭嘴 轮不到你来指手画脚
No, no. You do not get to do that.
-轮不到你来对我说三道四 -那些
- You do not get to stand there in judgment of me. - That --
三十年前 在工作时被骚扰
30 years ago, getting harassed at work,
被揩油是不可能为此发起抗♥议♥的
getting groped at work wasn't something we could protest.
这就像每天早上要喝咖啡一样平常
It was something we had to take with our morning coffee.
这就是工作的一部分
It was part of the job.
如果我们为此发声 表达不满
And if we made a noise, if we fussed,
大家会说我们反应过度
we were told we were overreacting
更多时候 我们会丢掉饭碗
and, more often than not, we lost the job
还有我们的名誉
and our reputation along with it.
我那时还不是现在的我
I was not then who I am now.
我那时没有现在这样发声的资本
I didn't have the voice then that I have now.
我只有选择
I had choices.
我可以看着你的爷爷
I could stand there and let your grandfather
辞退那些女人并让她们名誉扫地
fire those women and drag them through the mud,
或者我可以确保她们能得到一笔钱
or I could make sure they got some money,
那是她们立足的资本 继续生活的指望
a leg to stand on, a path to move forward on.
我不觉得自己羞耻 杰克森
I'm not ashamed of myself, Jackson,
但我为你爷爷的作为感到羞耻
but I am ashamed of what your grandfather did.
我非常抱歉
And I'm so sorry that now
现在你得跟我一起承担这一切
you have to carry that burden along with me.
我非常抱歉这个负担可能会毁了我们家族
And I'm sorry that that burden just might bring this family,
这家医院
this entire hospital,
以及所有他的医院
and all of his hospitals down.
好了
Okay. That's it.
现在怎么办
Now what?
现在我们祈祷
Well, now we cross our fingers
我们的决定是正确的
and pray we made the right decision.
你是正确的
You did.
你的决定正是我会选择的 除了检测笔
You did exactly what I would have done, except for The Pen.
我不需要用它
I wouldn't have needed that.
如果你早点告诉我
You could have saved me a lot of stress
我能轻松很多
if you told me sooner.
这样你才能学习
Well, that's not how you learn.
我觉得有个经验丰富的医生
I'm pretty sure having an experienced surgeon
指导你怎么做才正是学习
tell you what to do is exactly how you learn.
你知道应该怎么做
You know exactly what to do.
你的能力足够了
You're a highly competent surgeon.
你记得并练习过所有步骤
You've memorized and practiced every move,
但在巨大的压力下作出艰难选择
but making tough choices under immense pressure --
这才会使你成长为真正优秀的医生
that's how you become a truly great surgeon.
现在你可以去和家属说
And now you get to go tell his family that,
你不仅救了他的命
not only did you save his life,
你还救了他的生活质量
you saved his quality of life.
我去看看我们的瘾君子们
I'm gonna go check on our stoners.
干得漂亮
Nice work.
你们在干什么
What's happening?
我们在举办葬礼
We're having a funeral.
谁的
Whose?
哈珀·艾弗里
Mm, Harper Avery.
哈珀·艾弗里家族 一个时代的陨落
The Harper Averies. The end of an era.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你被迫站在一个两难的境地 妈妈
You were put into a terrible position, Mom,
我却质疑了你
and I doubted you.
有那么一会儿我忘记了你是谁 对不起
I forgot who you were for a moment. I'm sorry.
没关系 孩子
It's all right, baby.
我不知道接下来会发生什么
I don't know what's gonna happen next,
但肯定不会是好事
but it's not gonna be good.
我们得说出真♥相♥
Well, we just got to tell the truth
占领舆♥论♥的先机
and get out ahead of this thing.
我们可以联♥系♥那些受害人做出补偿
We'll get in touch with those women and make this right.
对 对
Yeah. Yeah.
告诉我这不是真的
Tell me it isn't true.
我尽我一生的努力就为了拿到这个奖
I've spent my whole life working for that award.
哈珀·艾弗里到底干了什么
What did Harper Avery do?
我想我们可以现在就开始了
Well, I guess we might as well start now.
我们先从你开始吧 梅瑞狄斯
We're gonna start with you, Meredith.
我妈妈也是受害者吗
So, was my mother one of these women?
不 不 你妈妈不是受害者
No. No, your mother was not one of the women.
这些受害者 给了她们钱
So, these women -- they were offered money
有什么条件吗
in exchange for what exactly?
条件就是保密以及
In exchange for silence and an agreement
不得在哈珀·艾弗里的医院工作
that they would never work at a Harper Avery hospital
或参与哈珀·艾弗里奖
or enter the Harper Avery Awards.
我妈妈的整个职业生涯
I mean, my mother spent her career
都在为哈珀·艾弗里奖努力
trying to win Harper Avery Awards.
为此她失去了她最好的朋友
She lost her best friend over it.
她的日记里全都是哈珀·艾弗里的缩写
His initials take up half the space in her journals.
上帝啊
Oh, my God.
你们听说过玛丽亚·塞隆吗
Does the name Marie Cerone mean anything to you?
听过 她也是受害者之一
Yes. She was one of the women.
所以我妈妈得把她的名字从论文里撤下来
So my mother had to take her name off of the paper
要不她就再也不能获得哈珀·艾弗里奖了
or she would never be able to win a Harper Avery.
他妈的
Son of a bitch.
我以后还能做手术吗
Will I be able to do surgery again?
不能 你的毒检呈阳性
No. Your tox screen came back positive.
今天上午有人问过你有没有吃饼干
This morning, you were asked if you had eaten a cookie,
你说了"没有"
and you said, "No."
有一半的主治们都吃了
Half the attendings ate those cookies!
他们的做法非常负责任
And acted responsibly.
你撒了谎所以你可以继续做手术
You lied so you could get another surgery.
你将病人置于危险之中
You put patients at risk.
所以 我被停职了吗
So...I-I'm suspended?
不
No.
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表