they're actually quite brave and prudent.
是勇敢且谨慎的
And if I would have disclosed that video,
要是我公开了那段视频
and a judge would have released Simmons,
法官就会释放西蒙斯
every case that I ever tried would've come under review.
我经手的所有案件都会被重审
Horrible, violent men would've been set free,
那些可怕的 暴♥力♥的人都会被释放
and I couldn't let that happen.
我不能那样做
That's not right. What, excuse me?
可这样做是不对的 你说什么
Wayne Simmons was a teenager,
韦恩·西蒙斯那时还是个青少年
and you had evidence suggesting he was innocent.
而你拿到了他无辜的证据
No, that piece of crap had a rap sheet longer than my leg.
不对 他的犯罪记录罄竹难书
Okay, he was being investigated
这么说吧 他还因其他
on three other violent sexual assaults.
三桩性侵案被审查
So don't you stand there
求你别站着说话不腰疼
and tell me that Wayne Simmons was an angel.
说他是个天使什么的
I'm going to be submitting those notes to the DA
我会把这些交给地方检察官
as part of my investigation.
作为我的调查的一部分
I thought you believed in me, Maggie.
我以为你是相信我的 玛纪
I did too.
以前是的
And it's Agent Bell.
以及请叫我贝尔特工
The man who killed my friend and bodyguard, Alex Peters,
那个杀死我的朋友兼保镖 阿列克斯·彼得斯
and also tried to kill me is Len Barker.
还想杀死我的人 就是伦·巴克
He's a confused and tormented former colleague of mine.
他是我曾经的一个迷茫而饱受折磨的同事
And despite his horrific actions,
不管他有什么可怕的行为
I have enormous empathy for Len.
我都非常同情伦
At his core, he's a decent man
就他而言 是个体面人
suffering from a very serious mental illness.
但却承受着严重的精神疾病
I would also like to thank the heroic efforts of the FBI.
我还要郑重感谢联调局的英勇之举
Without their relentless pursuit of justice,
没有他们对正义的不断追求
more innocent lives would have been lost.
不知会有多少生命枉死
It's only been a few hours,
仅仅几个小时
and Caldwell's already spinning the story in her favor.
卡德维尔就已经跌落神坛
Like I said, she's a hell of a politician.
如我所说 她是个好政♥治♥家
Touche.
一针见血
What did the DA's office say about Simmons' case?
地方检察官对西蒙斯的案子怎么说
Uh, they're gonna look into it, but...
他们会调查的 但是...
But not really. Yeah, something like that.
不要抱太大的期望 差不多就那样吧
Well, I'm proud of you.
我为你骄傲
For what?
为什么
For having the guts to bury your hero.
你有摧毁内心英雄的勇气
Yeah.
是呀
Did I ever tell you about Ricky Escalante?
我有跟你提过瑞奇·埃斯卡兰特吗
No, who's that?
没有 他是谁
He played short stop for the Brooklyn Cyclones
我童年时期他在
when I was a kid.
布鲁克林旋风队打过一阵
It's a New York Mets minor league team,
是一支纽约大都会的少年队
and I was his biggest fan.
我是他的死忠粉
And one night I see him leaving his game,
那一晚我看到他离开队伍
and I work up all of my courage,
我鼓足了勇气
and tell him what he means to me,
告诉他在我心中的位置
and tell him how I want to be just like him.
以及我多么想要成为他那样的人
And he looks me in the eye,
然后他看着我的眼睛
and said, "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard."
说道"这是我听过最蠢的话"
And just walked away.
接着就走开了
Well, it's what they say, you know?
大家都这样说 不是吗
Never meet your heroes.
千万别和你的英雄见面
剧集 | 联邦调查局(2018) | 导航列表