剧集 | 战争(2007) | 导航列表
我们在那里损失了很多人
We lost a lot of people there.
接下来的战斗中
In the fighting that followed,
一些突击队员被俘
some of the Raiders
were captured,
后来遭受折磨和肢解
then tortured and mutilated.
我们能听到他们
And we could hear
them, you know, crying out
在受刑时发出的惨叫
while they were being tortured.
第二天的战斗结束后
And the following day,
after the battle
我们找到了我们的突击队员
and after we discovered
our guys, our Raider guys,
他们被钉在地上
staked to the ground
and, you know,
受到折磨 剁成块
in effect tortured, cut up,
我们抓住了5个日本人
we had captured,
I think, five guys.
战役之后我们在那儿集♥合♥时 卡尔森说
When we were assembled there
after the battle, Carlson said,
“昨天的战斗中有谁失去了好朋友吗?”
"Did anybody lose a good friend
in the battle yesterday?"
一些人举起手
And some guys raised
their hands.
于是他说“好吧 把这些家伙带出去
And then he said,
"Okay, take these guys out
做我们必须做的事”
and do what you have to do."
所以一些人把他们带出去杀了
So some of the guys took
them out and killed them.
就是把他们带到丛林里枪毙
Just took them in the jungle
and shot them.
我们本该做好人...
We were supposed to be
good guys and...
但那里没有记者跟着我们
there were no reporters with us.
因此那里发生的事情直到很久以后
So the word never got out
until much later
才传出去 而一些人仍然否认这件事
that that had happened,
and some people still deny it.
但我在那里 我告诉你...我们确实做了
But I was there and I'm telling
you that... that we did it.
这次行动后来被称为“漫长的巡逻”
What came to be
called the "Long Patrol"
持续了血腥的30天
went on for 30 brutal days.
卡尔森的突击队损失了34人
Carlson's Raiders lost 34 men,
但他们消灭了近500名日军
but they killed
almost 500 Japanese.
几个月后 美军游击战将再次
A few months later, the American
guerrillas would fight again
在所罗门群岛展开 这次是布干维尔岛
in the Solomon Islands,
this time on Bougainville.
布干维尔岛是我去过的最可怕的地方
Bougainville was the
worst place I've ever been.
如果真的有地狱
If there really is a hell,
我想应该和布干维尔岛差不多
I mean it's got to be
like Bougainville.
那个岛到处是瘟疫
It just... the island was
a pile of pestilence.
一天晚上 我沿着皮瓦小径前往一个阵地
One night we were moving into
a position up the Piva Trail,
天非常黑
and it was very dark.
我的意思是哪怕你把手放到面前
I mean you couldn't...
literally couldn't see your hand
也没法看到你的手
in front of your face.
我们进入那里 我负责一挺机关枪
We were moving in there
and I had a machine gun
我和副机♥枪♥手架起枪
and, uh, my assistant gunner
and I set up the gun.
我们不知道我们在哪里
And we didn't know
where we were.
我们不知道敌人在哪里
We didn't know
where the enemy was
只是猜想到敌人就在我们前方
except that he was supposed
to be right in front of us.
在我们架起机♥枪♥的时候 我们听到一声枪响
And as we were setting up
the gun, we heard a shot,
只是一声枪响
just one shot.
我听到有人...
And I heard a guy go....
他好像发出抽噎声
You know, he, like,
caught his breath.
我们在那里趴了很长时间
And, uh, you know, we lay there
for a long time.
然后我们开始听到这个人的呻♥吟♥
Then we began to hear
this guy moaning.
呻♥吟♥声越来越大 然后他变得神志不清
The moans became louder
and then he became delirious
开始呼喊他的母亲
and then he began
to call for his mother.
我以为这在电影里才有 但这不是电影
I thought that was only
in the movies, but it isn't.
呃 这是个可怕的夜晚
And, uh, it was
a terrible night.
后来我们试着睡觉 但睡不着
And then, you know, we were
trying to sleep and we couldn't,
我开始想
and, uh, and I began thinking,
“上帝啊 为什么你不死掉 见鬼
"Jesus Christ, why don't
you die, goddammit.
你知道 我们只想睡觉”
You know, we got to sleep."
在那种情况下 一段时间以后
You know, your mind gets crazy
after a while
你的头脑会变得疯狂
under those conditions.
他一直在呻♥吟♥...
And he continued to moan and...
直到天快亮时 他死了
until near morning when he died.
天亮的时候 我们奉命撤离那里
When it was daylight, we were
told to withdraw from there.
他们给这个人裹上雨披
And they had this guy
in a poncho,
他们把他扔进一个洞里
and they were dropping him
into one of the holes
这些洞是后面的人挖的
that the people
in the back had dug.
我问“那个人是谁?”
And I said, "Who is the guy?"
他告诉我这个人的名字
He told me the name of...
of the guy
那是我最好的朋友
and it was, you know,
my best friend.
他离我大概有三、四个人的距离
And he had been about three
or four guys away from me,
这是一次意外的枪♥械♥走火
and it was
an accidental discharge.
有人摔倒时会意外走火
Somebody had accidentally fired
a shot as he hit the deck,
枪托撞到地上就走火了
and the rifle butt hit the deck
and he fired
那天晚上是唯一一次走火伤人
and it was the only shot fired
that night
就打死了他
and he... it killed him.
我感觉糟透了
And, you know, I just, you know,
I felt like hell.
确实如此
I really felt that.
因为我有种内疚感 听到他呻♥吟♥时
Because of hearing him
and the guilt feeling, you know,
我一直在说“看在上帝份上 你为什么不死掉”
that I kept saying, "Why don't
you die, for Christ sakes."
其他人告诉我 他们也是这么想的
And the other guys told me
that they felt the same way.
我们太累了 我们只想睡觉
We were so tired,
we just wanted to sleep.
当你希望一个人死
When you wish a guy dead
而那人却是你最好的朋友
and it turns out to be
your best friend, you know,
这太糟糕了
it's... the pits.
剧集 | 战争(2007) | 导航列表