Clark, thanks for stopping by. It means a lot.
克拉克 谢谢你过来一趟 对我意义重大
What are friends for?
朋友是干什么用的
Thought I'd find you here.
我就猜可以在这里找到你
My dad and I can't really do the whole depressed thing together, so...
我爹跟我无法面对这场灾难 所以...
If you're not up for Saturday night, I'd understand.
如果你星期六晚上不想出来 我能谅解
You kidding me? It's the only thing I have to look forward to right now.
开什么玩笑 我目前能期待的事 就只有这个了
Besides, I want to enjoy all the quaint Smallville High customs while I still can.
再说 我想趁着还可以的时候 多享受一下小镇有趣的习俗
Why? Where are you going?
为什么 你要去哪里吗
My dad's talking about moving us back to Metropolis permanently.
我爹谈到要永远搬回大都会
What about the Torch and all your friends?
那《火炬》跟你的朋友怎么办
I can't even think about it right now.
我现在没办法想那么多
Clark, I'm not exactly psyched about having to fight my way...
克拉克 我也不想再次开疆辟地...
...through the high school hierarchy all over again.
一路辛苦的经营上去
You're gonna miss me, right?
你会想念我的 是吗
Do you even have to ask?
还用问吗
Just promise me Saturday night's gonna be great.
答应我 星期六晚上会很棒的
It'll be a night you won't forget.
将会是你永生难忘的一夜
I appreciate you coming.
我很高兴你们能来
My father doesn't know about this meeting, and I'd like to keep it that way.
我父亲不知道这次的会议 我希望大家保持这个秘密
When I first came here...
我初到此地之时...
...people assumed I was just another glaring example of nepotism...
大家都以为 我是另一个只会干瞪眼的"老板之子"
...unskilled and promoted over the heads of the more competent and deserving.
一个没技术的人 却比所有能干的部门头子爬升更快
But I'd like to think the people in this room feel differently.
不过 我想在这个房♥间的人 应该会有不同的想法
If we can raise the capital for an employee-led buyout...
如果我们可以募资 用以行使员工收♥购♥之权...
...we can keep the plant running. - Buyout?
我们就可以让这家工厂继续营运 收♥购♥
I can raise nearly 90% of the capital.
我可以募到几乎百分之九十的资金
What about the rest? We're supposed to mortgage our houses?
其他的怎么办 我们得抵押我们房♥子吗
It's a risk, I know.
我了解 这将是一种风险
But in exchange, the investors will become minority owners.
不过 如此一来 资方就会变成少数
Doesn't your father control the board? Why would he go along with a buyout?
你父亲不是控制董事会的人吗 他哪会愿意接受收♥购♥
I know a couple of members I can convince,
我认识一些我能说服的成员
and I don't need a unanimous decision.
也不需全体一致同意就可过关
I'm offering you the chance to take control of your own destiny.
我提供给各位的 是一个可以掌控自己命运的契机
Stand with me, and we'll win.
跟我站在一起 我们就可以打赢
Clark.
克拉克
Out wandering the streets of Smallville?
在研究小镇的街景吗
What is it?
怎么了
I just found out that Chloe might be leaving for good.
我刚刚发现克洛 也许得永远离开了
Not sure I really believe it's true.
还是很难相信这样的事实
I know what you mean.
我懂你的意思
You do?
你懂
Whitney's going off to join the Marines.
惠特尼要去当海陆了
That's intense.
够呛
He told me he was doing it for us.
他对我说 他是为了我们才去的
Asked if I'd wait for him.
还问我 愿不愿等他
Really? What did you say?
真的 你怎么回答
Nothing.
没回答
I kind of just stood there in stunned silence.
我有点不知所措 说不出话来
One day he's worried about his English paper...
他一下子担心他的英语论文...
...and the next, he's putting on a uniform and saving the world.
没一会儿 就又变成要穿上制♥服♥去拯救世界了
So you didn't commit?
所以你没给他承诺
I told him I wasn't sure.
我跟他说 我不知道
When does he head out?
他什么时候走
Saturday night.
星期六晚上
Guess you don't have to worry about your dress.
我想你不用担心你的礼服了
I can't believe both Whitney and Chloe are gonna be out of our lives.
我无法相信 克洛跟惠特尼 都要离开我们了
Me neither.
我也是
Guess we get left behind, Clark.
我想 我们都被抛在脑后了
What do you think caused the explosion?
你觉得是什么造成爆♥炸♥的
Son, my guess is it was a leaky fuel line.
儿子 我猜是油管漏油造成的
The fumes must have ignited the fertilizer in the truck.
可能是油烟引燃车内的易燃物
I should have checked it better.
我应该更详细检查的
I'm glad it was me and not one of you guys. Oh, sweetheart.
还好发生在我身上 不是你们 哦 甜心
The truth is, I barely felt the heat this time.
问题是 这一次我不太感觉到痛
And the debris didn't leave any bruises.
而且那些碎片也没留下任何瘀
As you get older, your body must be getting stronger.
一定是你长大了 你的身体就更强壮
You're not in a hurry to pack?
你不急着收拾行李吗
That's because I'm not leaving.
因为我不走了
Accept your fate, Lex. It's time to move on.
接受你的命运 莱克斯 是往前走的时候了
I'm forcing a vote of the board of directors
我受迫于董事会的投票决定
to accept an employee buyout of the plant.
接受让员工收♥购♥工厂
What are you gonna do? Convince the employees to take out a second mortgage?
你打算怎样说服员工 让他们用二次抵押去筹款
Cash in their IRAs. Something like that.
用他们退休帐户里的现金 就是这类的
Even if you sell all your stock and drain your trust fund...
即使你把名下所有的股份都卖♥♥掉 再用光你的信托基金...
...you still come up short, Lex.
莱克斯 你还是不够的
What will you do about the rest of the money?
不够的钱 你打算怎么处理
Take the buyout now, and you can keep your dignity.
收♥购♥是为了保住你的自尊心
That's more than you left me. That's very gracious of you, son.
自尊心不是你传给我的 还好你明理 儿子
You might wanna look at this first.
你也许想先看看这个
You've bought the Smallville Savings and Loan.
你买♥♥下小镇的储蓄与贷款银行
Go ahead, lead your buyout.
继续主导你的收♥购♥行动吧
But remember, I own your employees' mortgages.
只要别忘了 我拥有员工的抵押品
As soon as they begin missing payments...
一旦他们无法缴款
...I won't hesitate to foreclose on each and every one of them.
我会完全不客气的 撤销他们每一个人的抵押赎回权
They'll be homeless, and it will be your fault.
他们就会无家可归 而且就会是你的错误造成的
You ready to accept that kind of responsibility?
你准备接受这样的责任吗
If you're going to take me on, son...
如果你想对付我 儿子...
...you're gonna have to bring your game up to a whole different level.
最好把你的游戏层次提高点
Where have you been? I went to pick up my dress.
你上哪儿去了 我去拿我的礼服
We have a problem. You can't go.
我们有麻烦了 你不能去
I just can't pick you up. My transportation kind of went up in flames.
我没办法去接你了 我的交通工具莫名的被火吞掉了
I was gonna ask Lex if I could borrow his limo, but with the plant...
我原打算借莱克斯的大轿车 不过 工厂现在正是...
Clark, I'll drive. Ruins the whole Prince Charming vibe.
克拉克 我可以开车的 整个白马王子的气氛都毁了
Cinderella was never my role model.
灰姑娘也不是我的偶像
Why the Marines? I don't know. It's just something I gotta do.
为什么要当海陆 我不知道 我就是想去
So Whitney's off to fight evil for Uncle Sam. I heard.
惠特尼要帮山姆大叔去打坏人了 我听说了
That technically makes Lana a free agent.
如此一来 拉娜又算自♥由♥身了
He asked her to wait for him.
他希望她能等他回来
Long-distance relationships never work.
长距离的关系是行不通的
People change, have different experiences. It's kind of like us, you know?
人会改变 会有不同的经验 就像我们一样 你知道吗
After a couple of weeks, you'll forget all about me.
经过几星期 你就会把我忘个精光
Chloe!
克洛
Okay, I just have this horrible nightmare...
好 我就是有这种梦魇...
...that you'll rush to the bus station after Whitney leaves...
我觉得惠特尼一走 你就会冲到车站去...
...and profess your undying love for Lana,
对着拉娜表白你无尽的爱意
and I'll be waiting at the gym alone.
然后我就得独自在体育馆里枯等
If you do that to me, Clark, I'll never speak to you again.
如果你敢那样子对我 克拉克 我就再也不跟你讲话
Okay, I said it.
我总算一吐为快
Chloe.
克洛
I'm going to the dance with you not by default, but because I want to.
我会跟你去舞会的 并非为了守承诺 是因为我想跟你去
All right, I feel better now.
好吧 我现在觉得好多了
If I could just have one minute of your time, Clark.
我可以跟你谈一分钟吗 克拉克
How do you know my name? Roger Nixon.
你怎么会晓得我的名字 我是罗杰·尼克森
I'm a journalist with the Inquisitor, and I would like to write a story about you.
我是《调查家》的记者 我想写一篇你的故事
Thanks, but I'm really not interested.
谢了 不过我没兴趣
Why weren't you hurt in that explosion?
你为何没有在爆♥炸♥中受伤
You were in the truck on the farm.
你当时就在农场那部车子里
I was nowhere near that truck.
我不在那部车附近
Am I missing something interesting?
我错过什么好戏了吗
Lex?
莱克斯
You know my name, but I don't know yours.
你知道我的名字 我却不知道你的
Roger Nixon. I work for the Inquisitor.
罗杰·尼克森 我为《调查家》工作
When is someone gonna put that bad excuse for a tabloid out of its misery?
又有人在帮这不入流的小报为虎作伥了
It was nice meeting you, Lex.
很荣幸见到你 莱克斯
I'm sure we'll talk again soon, Clark.
我们很快就会再谈谈的 克拉克
What was that all about?
这是怎么一回事
He wants to do a story on me, make me out to be some kind of hero.
他想写我的故事 让我成为某种英雄
The Inquisitor's a rag, Clark.
《调查家》是三流报纸 克拉克
If I were you, I wouldn't get mixed up with him.
换成是我 我就不会跟他耗在一起
I don't intend to.
我也不想
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表