Metropolis Police.
大都会警♥察♥
Kid, I don't know what they've been feeding you...
不知道他们都喂你吃什么
...but that was pretty impressive.
倒真让人刮目相看
Not quite as exciting as last night, but I wanted to be sure.
比不上昨晚精彩 我只是想确定
Who are you?
你是谁
I am your new best friend, Clark.
我是你最新的好朋友 克拉克
How do you know my name?
你怎么知道我的名字
I asked around.
我打听来的
That's the beauty of a small town, everybody's just so eager to help.
那就是小镇的好处 大家都想帮忙
Far cry from Metropolis.
跟大都会天壤之别
What do you want with me? Your help.
你想要什么 你的帮忙
You see, Clark, I'm in a battle that I can't afford to lose...
克拉克 我正处于背水一战
...because if I do, well, the bad guys win.
如果我输了 坏人就赢了
And you have this gift that I need.
你有我需要的天赋
I'll never help you.
我绝对不会帮你
You have a secret you don't want the world to know about.
你有一个秘密 不希望别人知道
I'm guessing that's why you didn't stick around for the TV cameras last night.
那就是你昨晚没有留下来 接受电视采访的原因
You want to keep things that way, you'll do like I say.
如果你想保持原状 就照我的话去做
Drop by that overpriced coffee shop tomorrow afternoon...
明天下午到那间昂贵的咖啡店来
...and we'll talk about your future.
我们好好谈谈你的未来
Nice catch.
接得好
So he just dropped the generator right on top of you?
他把发电机砸在你的头上
How did he know it wouldn't kill you?
他怎么知道不会杀死你
He saw me stop the bus last night.
他昨晚看到我拦阻公车
Maybe we should call the police.
也许我们应该报♥警♥
He is the police. I saw his badge.
他就是警♥察♥ 我看到他的警徽
Metropolis P.D.
大都会警♥察♥局
Dad.
爸爸
I didn't mean for this to happen.
我不是故意让它发生的
Clark, you didn't do anything wrong, okay?
你没有做错事
He told me to meet him at the Beanery tomorrow.
他要我明天去咖啡店找他
I don't want you going anywhere near this guy.
我不希望你再靠近这个人
I'll talk to him, and I'll find out what he wants.
我会去找他 看他要什么
Until then...
在那之前...
Until then, you live your life, you see your friends.
你照样过生活 和朋友玩
Now, we're not gonna let this thing change us.
我们不会让这件事改变我们
You look like you're carrying the weight of the world.
你看起来好像把世界扛在肩上
I'm sorry if I surprised you, but there's really nowhere to knock.
很抱歉让你吓到了 可是没有可以敲门的地方
It's okay. Thanks again for last night.
没关系 昨晚谢谢你了
Your first visit to Metropolis, and you're involved in a police investigation?
你第一次去大都会 结果涉及警♥察♥调查
That has to be some kind of record.
真是破纪录
How'd you know about that? The detective came to see me first.
你怎么知道 警探先来找过我
What'd he tell you?
他跟你说了什么
Not much.
没什么
Maybe that's what's bothering me.
也许那反而让我很困扰
What do you mean?
你是什么意思
Metropolis Police usually don't send detectives to investigate traffic accidents.
大都会警方通常不会派警探调查交通事故
So I made a call. Turns out the official investigation is already closed.
所以我打了电♥话♥ 发现警方己经结束调查了
Clark, you really don't want Sam Phelan in your life.
你不能让法蓝介入你的生活
You know him.
你认识他
Unfortunately.
很不幸
I had my share of legal problems while I was in Metropolis.
我在大都会时有一些法律麻烦
Serious? Expensive.
严重吗 很贵
Phelan was the kind of officer my father felt we could turn to for help.
法蓝是我父亲觉得可以投靠的警♥察♥
He's a dirty cop.
他是坏警♥察♥
He'll do whatever it takes to get the job done.
他为求目的 不择手段
Plant evidence. Falsify reports. Anything is fair game.
栽赃 虚假报告等都是小事
And if he's got something on you, Clark, he'll use it.
如果他找到把柄 就会杠上你
He just wanted to talk.
他只是想谈谈
Then you've got nothing to worry about.
那就不必担心
Hey, Mr. Kent.
肯特先生
Mr. Kent?
肯特先生
Sam Phelan, Metropolis P.D.
山姆法蓝 大都会警♥察♥局
I figured you'd be the one to show.
我就知道会是你来
What do you want? We're both rational adults.
你要我儿子怎样 我们都是理性的成人
Let's sit down, talk... I don't think a rational adult...
让我们坐下来谈 我认为一个明理的成人
...drops a generator on top of a teenage boy, do you?
不会把发动机丢在青少年身上吧
Well, we both know it wouldn't hurt him.
我们都知道他不会受伤
All right, what do you want?
好吧 你到底要什么
I just want Clark's help.
我只要克拉克帮忙
With what?
帮什么忙
Look around you, Mr. Kent. You know what you see?
看看四周 你看到什么呢
The veneer of safety. Now, people like me are sworn to protect that.
安全的表饰 像我这样的人誓言保护它
I'm the guy standing between the criminals and respectable citizens like yourself.
我站在罪犯和你这样的可敬百姓之间
Now, Clark has a gift...
克拉克有天赋
...and I would like to use his talents to further my cause.
我希望用它进一步伸张我的正义
I will not let you exploit my son.
我不会让你剥削我儿子
I've spent the morning going through the local police files.
早上我翻遍了本地警局的档案
Clark's name comes up quite a bit.
克拉克的名字出现很多次
Clark has never been in trouble a day in his life.
他从来没有惹过麻烦
No arrests, but he's been around a lot of crime scenes.
没有被逮捕 可是经常在犯罪现场出现
Now, maybe that's coincidence...
也许只是巧合
...or maybe it's just his natural instinct to get involved.
也许跟他的天赋本能有关
Okay, I will give you whatever you want. You just stay away from my family.
你要什么我都给你 只要你不骚扰我的家人
I want your son.
我要你的儿子
No.
不行
I'll be in touch.
后会有期
Of course, if you don't agree, I will tell the world what I know.
如果你不同意 我会把真♥相♥告诉大家
Best case, Clark's under a microscope.
最好的情况 克拉克被人指点
Worst case, he's a freak in a jar.
最坏的情况 他会成为陈列的怪人
Either way, his normal life is over.
不论如何 他的正常生活都结束了
Do not push me!
不要逼我
Easy there, Mr. Kent.
别激动 肯特先生
We were just talking.
我们只是在谈话
You know, if I were you, I'd learn to keep that temper in check.
如果我是你 我会学习不发脾气
It could get you in a lot of trouble.
它会给你惹麻烦的
Hey, Clark, you okay?
克拉克 你还好吗
Fine, just doing a little research.
没事 做点研究而己
Have you heard about Lana's meeting with Kwan?
你听说拉娜和老关的会面没
Chloe, I'm sure it'll work out.
克洛 我相信会雨过天晴的
Hey.
嘿
So how'd it go? Well, it's interesting.
怎么样 很有意思
When can we send out the next issue?
我们何时可以发出下一♥期♥
Day after tomorrow.
后天
Cool.
真酷
Except...
只是...
...Kwan made me the new editor.
老关让我当新编辑
Okay, rewind. I need you to say that last part again.
倒带 后半段再说一次
After I made my case, Kwan said that if I had that much passion...
我说明立场后 老关说如果我那么热心
...I should be in charge.
应该由我来主持
I don't believe this!
我不相信
It's the only way he'd reopen the paper.
这是他愿意让报纸复刊的唯一方式
So, what? Cheerleading's not enough?
所以啦啦队还不够吗
Maybe the editor of a school newspaper looks better on a college application.
也许校报编辑在申请大学时更有看头
That isn't it! I figured you could ghostwrite...
不是这样的 我想你可以先代笔...
...until we got you reinstated. - So then I would work for you.
直到我们让你复职为止 所以我变成你的手下啦
The paper would still be yours. Wait, wait.
报纸还是你的 等等
Chloe, think about it. It's not a bad idea.
克洛 这个主意不坏
It figures you'd side with her.
我就知道你会站在她那边
I'm not taking sides. Right.
我没有站在谁的一边 才怪
You're completely objective in all things Lana.
你对于拉娜的一切完全客观
Gotta go. No, please, Clark, stay!
我得走了 克拉克 别走
Take my desk! Chloe...
桌子是你的了 克洛
...this isn't what you think. - You know what the weirdest part is?
这不是你想的 你知道最诡异的是什么吗
For a millisecond, I almost thought you were my friend.
有那么一刻 我几乎以为你是朋友
Get in, kid.
小伙子 上车
What do you want? Your father came to see me.
你想要什么 你父亲来见我了
He seemed like a really good man, always putting his family first.
他看起来是个好人 总是以家庭为重
You know, if I were you, I'd start thinking like him.
如果我是你 我会跟他想得一样
I assume you've had a chance to read my father's proposal.
你应该读过我父亲的提案吧
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表