Killer view.
了不起的景观
Good morning, Mr. Rickman. Thank you for coming in.
早安 瑞克曼先生 感谢您前来
So, what can I do for the Center for Environmental Protection?
我能为环保中心贡献什么心力吗
I heard your people were in Smallville doing some surveying.
听说你的人在小镇做过一些调查
I wanted to discuss your intentions.
我想了解你的企图何在
My intentions are to build a new plant.
我的企图是要盖一家新工厂
What's this?
这是什么
Ground water from the last town where you built a plant.
你最近盖的一家工厂所在地所抽取的地下水样本
Well, I find that very hard to believe.
嗯 我觉得很难相信
Rickman Industries has always had a very good relationship with the CEP, Paul.
瑞克曼企业界跟环保中心的关系一向维持得很好 保罗
Can I call you Paul? No.
我可以直接称呼你保罗吗 不行
Tomorrow I'll have a restraining order preventing you from moving into Smallville...
明天我会弄一张禁制令 防止你们入侵小镇...
...until every case against you is settled.
等到所有指控你的个案都解决了再说
It's too bad. L... Well, I have my mind set on Smallville.
很不巧 我... 嗯 我己看上小镇了
This town has a special place in my heart.
这个小镇在我的心目中有很特殊的地位
I don't suppose there's anything I could do to change your mind.
看来 我己经无法改变你的想法了
I'm afraid I'm not as easy to buy off as my colleagues.
我恐怕不像我的同事那么好收买♥♥
I've never bought off a soul in my life.
我可从没收买♥♥过任何人
People listen to me because I'm right.
因为我的看法♥正♥确 大家才会听我的
When they do, they end up better for it.
听我的 大家就都会有好处
Tell that to the 96 cases of vinyl chloride poisoning...
那96个氯乙烯中毒个案又怎么说...
...I've tied to your pesticide plants.
我研究过你的杀虫剂工厂
Well, I see there's little else to do.
嗯 我看 也没什么办法了
Just want to tell you how much I appreciate your candor.
我只想告诉你 我非常欣赏你的坦白
I wish you luck.
我祝你幸运
Now, listen, Paul... I can call you Paul, can't I?
好了 听我说 保罗... 我可以直呼你保罗吗
I guess.
可以吧
Now, you strike me as a man of passion, Paul.
我觉得你像一个满腔热血的人 保罗
Passion hurts, doesn't it?
满腔热血也很伤的 是不是
People don't understand. They don't see how you devote yourself to what's right.
因为别人都不了解 大家都没看到你对正义的付出
I bet you're afraid.
我猜你会感到害怕
You give all that passion to a job no one even cares about.
你对工作奉献那么多的热情 却没有人在乎
No.
不对
Yes. Yes.
对的 对的
Look at that world out there, Paul.
看看那外面的世界 保罗
Is any part of it yours?
你拥有任何地方吗
No.
没有
All that pain you feel, there's only one way to make it stop.
你感受到的所有痛苦 只有一种方法可以停止
Going down?
下楼吗
Thanks.
谢谢
Tyler, bring the car around. We're going to Smallville.
泰勒 备车 我们要去小镇了
Okay, here we go.
好 我们走吧
I thought learning to drive my dad's Volvo was difficult...
我还以为学开我老爸那部富豪就很难了...
...but at least the car had windshield wipers.
话说回来 车子至少是有雨刷的
Chloe, you're doing fine for your first time.
克洛 你初次体验 算不错了
No, no, we're turning.
不 不 我们一直在转弯
So how's Whitney holding up?
惠特尼的情况还好吧
His dad's still in the hospital, so he's been working extra shifts at the store.
他爸爸还在住院 所以他得在店里多兼几个班
It's tough running a family business.
经营家里的生意很不简单
He secretly wants his dad to sell it.
他其实希望他爸爸能把店卖♥♥了
He doesn't want it when he graduates.
他毕业以后并不想接下那家店
I don't blame him. I don't see myself being a farmer when I grow up.
这也难怪 像我 我以后也不想当农夫
Well, what do you want to do? I'm not sure...
嗯 那你想当什么呢 我不太确定...
...as long as it doesn't involve putting on a suit and doing a lot of flying.
只要不是得穿上制♥服♥ 还得一天到晚飞来飞去的就行了
I dropped my camera.
我的照相机掉了
What'd you bring that thing for anyway?
你带那种东西来究竟是为什么
I'm not out here doing this butt-bashing thing for fun.
我可不是来这里瞎搞找乐子的
These woods are like the Bermuda Triangle of Smallville.
这些森林就像小镇的百慕达三角洲一样
People come in here, and when they leave...
只要进入这林子里 走出来的时候...
...they can't remember a thing.
就什么也记不得了
There've been dozens of incidents the past 10 years.
过去十年来 发生过数十次这类的事件
I'll go get you your camera. Thank you.
我去拿你的照相机 谢谢你
The stories in these woods go back to the Civil War.
这森林里的故事得回溯到内战时期
No, what I'm talking about happened a week ago.
不 我说的是一星期之前的事
Surveyors from Rickman Industries came out screaming...
瑞克曼企业的调查员尖叫的跑出来...
...and can't remember what happened.
却不记得发生了什么事
I'm sure you have a theory.
我相信你有你的理论基础
Kyle Tippett.
就是凯尔·提柏特
The guy who sells weird sculptures in town?
在镇上贩卖♥♥奇怪雕塑品的那个家伙
Don't you think it's odd that he lives all alone out here in the woods?
你不觉得一个人住在这森林里很奇怪吗
Thoreau did.
名作家梭罗也是如此
Yeah, Clark, so did the Unabomber.
对 克拉克 不过有名的炸♥弹♥客也一样
Lana.
拉娜
Stay with the horses. Okay.
跟马匹待在这儿 好
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, okay.
停 停 好 好了
Easy, easy.
放轻松 放轻松
Get away from her!
放开她
You okay? Yeah, it's okay. I'm fine.
你没事吧 对 没事 我没事
What do you think happened, son?
你认为发生了什么事情 孩子
I don't know, but it just doesn't look like he's trying to hurt her.
我不知道 不过看起来他不像要伤害她
Okay, Nell. Thanks. Bye. How's Lana?
好 那么 谢谢了 再见 拉娜还好吧
A mild concussion. Other than that, she's fine.
有点脑震荡 除此外 她没事
And Nell? That's a different story.
妮尔呢 那可就完全不同了
She wants Clark to go to the police and say he saw Kyle...
她要克拉克到警♥察♥局去指证说 他亲眼目睹凯尔...
...spook Lana's horse and attack her.
先吓到拉娜的马 然后再攻击她
I didn't see that.
我没看到这种情况
I don't think we've heard the end of this.
听妮尔的口气 她不会善罢干休
Did Kyle seem at all dangerous to you?
当时你觉得凯尔像个危险的人吗
He seemed scared.
他好像是很害怕
Chloe said some surveyors were spooked last week...
克洛有几个调查人在上个星期也被吓到了...
...and now us. I wonder if there's a connection.
现在又是我们 我怀疑这两件事是否有关联
Jonathan, go talk to Kyle. Get this cleared up.
强纳森 去找凯尔谈 把事情问清楚
Yeah. No, I'll go.
好 不 我去
I don't think that's a good idea. It's not like he can hurt me.
我不认为这是好主意 他又伤不了我
That is not the point.
问题不在此
Dad, I understand what it's like to be hidden from the world.
爸 我了解与全世界保持距离是什么滋味
Give me a shot.
让我试试
Do you know where Kyle lives?
你知道凯尔住在哪里吗
I just follow the trail of bad sculptures.
跟着那些很惨的雕像走就对了
Miss Hardwick, I'm surprised to find you in Smallville.
哈维小姐 没想到你在小镇
It grows on you after a while.
想到受不了就来了
Don't encourage him, Victoria.
别勾引他了 维多莉亚
It's funny. I was just saying what this town needs...
真好玩 我正好在说 这个小镇需要的就是...
...is more pesticides in the water supply.
为供水系统带来更多的杀虫剂成份
Now, don't tell me you mind someone else sharing your little sandbox.
你该不是担心你在玩的沙坑被别人分享了吧
Lex?
莱克斯
I'll leave you boys alone.
我不打扰你们男孩子们了
Photos are a bit over the top, but I like what you've done with the place.
照片有点言过其实 不过 我很喜欢你们对这地方的安排
Oh, it's only temporary.
哦 这只是暂时的
Here, have a button.
好了 来个徽章吧
Enough of these, and they won't notice...
多传递这类的东西 也许就没人注意到...
...you're rendering the town uninhabitable.
你只想把这小镇弄到不适合人居住
I'm just like you, Lex.
我只是跟你一样 莱克斯
A government employee sets my emissions levels, and I abide.
一位政♥府♥官员有规定我的释出量 我都遵守的
Do you have an objection?
你有意见吗
Let's call it an interest. Smallville's my home now.
不是意见 是关切 小镇现在己经是我的家了
That's right. Yes, Lionel had mentioned that he'd exiled you here.
对了 李涅曾经提起过 他把你放逐到这里来
Had dinner with him a couple weeks ago. Yeah? What happened?
我在几星期前才跟他吃过饭而己 是吗 结果呢
Somebody more important cancel on him?
有更重要的人拒绝了他吗
Don't worry, Lex, I'll keep my concerns away from the Luthors.
放心好了 莱克斯 我的焦点不在路德家族的范围
I found the perfect place for the plant. It's out of the way, it's near the river.
我找到更适合工厂了 就是远离道路 接近河流的地点
The Kent farm?
肯特家的农场
I assume you've approached them.
我想你己经跟他们接触过了
It's just a formality.
只是形式上的而己
The way licenses and zoning permits
对你而言 权状 士地规划许可证
always seem to be a formality for you, Bob.
似乎都只是个形式的东西 鲍伯
I know the Kents, and not even you can convince them to sell that farm.
我了解肯特 即使是你 也别想说服他们卖♥♥掉那个农场
You'd be surprised.
你一定会大感意外的
Trust me, Bob, you're not that charming.
相信我 鲍伯 你没那么迷人
You're trespassing.
你侵入私人产业
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表